Not the end of the world!

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Would you end your life if your life would end soon in a cataclysm anyway?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:36 pm

I'd rather choose how I die, so yes.
6%
I'll just live until death finds me in whatever form it comes in.
33%
I don't know.
6%
I'm uncertain. It would depend on the circumstances.
17%
I am invincible! Nothing can kill me! Mwa-ha-ha! (For you delusional people out there. ;p)
22%
I'll be one of the very few that manage to escape the planet before it happens.
17%

Total votes : 18

Not the end of the world!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:36 pm

Morbid, I know, but it's what I was thinking of when I felt like making a poll. And I already made alot of "normal" polls in the past that I don't want to bring up again. XD

As for me, well... I'll just accept whatever comes. I have this weird notion to see things out until the very end. Even if that means a horrible death. O.o
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Christina Anikari » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:56 pm

What would the point be in commiting suicide then? I mean if you have less of your life you should cherish it even more. Now if you were inclined to commit suicide anyway i can understand it, but due to the coming cataclysm just seems stupid.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:32 pm

Well, Terra, what I mean is that, if you could choose a less painful or more acceptable death by doing something dangerous that you would be willing to risk your life for since you're going to die anyway, would you do it? It doesn't necessary mean suicide, though I probably should have framed the poll question better. The first poll option eludes to dying the way you want to, not anything in specific.

I mean, some people would rather die another way than being crushed or drowned by a tidal wave caused by a meteorite or something. Y'know? While people like you (I believe?) and I would watch the fireworks when the end comes.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:34 pm

Death will come once it's my time, but until then, I'm living life the best I can, regardless of whether I know my "End" approaches or not.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Sophia Anieri » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:15 pm

I don't plan on simply accepting death, and I certainly don't plan on killing myself. Inevitable or not, accepting death is simply not the way to go. I would be looking for a way to survive to the last. In the situation you describe, I likely wouldn't be one of the few to escape the planet, but I would maintain the belief that I'd survive, delusion or not, right up to the end.
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Tenshi » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:21 pm

Eh, if the world was ending...

Depending on when it ends, I'd just do as much crazy stuff as possible... like bungee jumping, hang gliding, etc... XD

The day before or a few hours before the so called end, I would probably take a less painful way of death... that is, if the end is painful and stuff. >_>

Sig courtesy of Kumi-chan nya~!
ありがとう にゃ~! m( u.u )m
Tenshi
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Sensei Kimiko » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:22 am

I half agree with Tenshi here. If I knew the world was coming to an end in like the next few days. I would do all the stuff I wanted to, but never had the nerve to. When the end came, I expect I would be wearing a sailor fuku.
LorekeeperEirien: That is quite possibly the most hillariously disturbing comment I've heard all day

Kimiko (^o^)
Sensei Kimiko
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

Postby Anamnesis » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:44 pm

I'm uncertain, yes...it would depend on the circumstance...
Like, if aliens attacked, I'd be up t here in a second defending the planet I call home, but if it was something like would happen in 'The Day After Tomorrow,' I'd stick it out as long as possible.
Helel: It's not murder if the person is an idiot. <_<
<Helel> Zeiss is a god.
Anamnesis
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:35 pm

I would only end my life only if I was being offered a job as one of Wilhelm's Testaments...
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to Polls