a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you conserve?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:34 pm

Yush! Absolutely! I'm a good boy! *Is given a doggy treat*
15%
Most of the time. I can't always be aware of these things.
55%
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends.
5%
Not really... I'm usually concerned about other things, or I don't care.
10%
Nope! Mwa-ha-ha! Waaaaaaaaste! >:-)
10%
Somehow, and in some way, I just don't know. @_@
No votes
How dare you ask me such a question! What kind of person do you think I am!? Poo on you! *You turn around so I can't see you blush in shame * I mean, does it matter that you know? <.<
5%
Kobayashi once again finds herself in this strange place... It must be time to let my pores sweat like waterfalls and my orifices bleed like geysers! (My, how wastefully energetic. O.o; )
No votes

Total votes : 20

Do you conserve energy and water?

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:34 pm

I know I do. I'm pretty particular about it, kind of like how the things in my room have to be set up and organized to perfection. ^_^; If someone leaves the stovetop light on, I turn it off. If the water's dripping, I shut the valve that's not all of the way closed. If I'm no using water, even for a few seconds, I turn it off. If I'm no longer in a room, and no one else is either (or they don't mind if the light gets turned off), then I turn those lights off, too.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:05 pm

I try... :oops:
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:19 pm

I try, as well. I know I'm not perfect, because it's part of human nature, but I do my best. That's all your average person really can do, anyway.
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Sophia Anieri » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:11 pm

I really used to be better at this than I am now. Unfortunately, I've gotten sort of sloppy at it. :oops:
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby SweetSophia » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:19 pm

I'd like to say I'm conscious of the reources I consume, but frankly I've been spoiled by modern convenience and my activism about thing of this matter come sporadically and in short burst like my short lived, vegetarian movement in elementary school because I felt sorry for cows...

All I know is, I turn off the water when I'm done, I turn of electric appliances when I'm not using them, but quite frankly I could do a better job of conservation. Only when things like this are brought to my attention do I make a temporary effort to change for the better.
The awakening of the mind gives way to a world of possibilities.
SweetSophia
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Duck » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:42 pm

I try, but i'm forgetful honestly.
Accessories

Shonen Ai Badger Badge
ANCEINT GOLD YAOI MANGA

my comic (not updated in a bit)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Art_table_of_Duck/

My DA account
http://theduckofanime.deviantart.com/
Duck
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby MyBaDfUrDaY » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:57 am

I try to conserve but the lights............TEH LIGHTS...... attract me like a bug and make me want more. (and I also try to conserve water, but it is hard to resist the moister and heat)
You are all heroes
MyBaDfUrDaY
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Location: the state where it was supposed to break into two by now

Postby Sensei Kimiko » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:07 am

I try. I'm probably worse with water than most other resources. I'm good at watching electricity. I need to be better though.
LorekeeperEirien: That is quite possibly the most hillariously disturbing comment I've heard all day

Kimiko (^o^)
Sensei Kimiko
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

Postby alebann » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:42 am

I try to be careful about electricity, but not so much with water. This is mostly due to the fact that I pay an electric bill, but water is included in my monthly rent...
illegitimi non carborundum est

“A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have.â€
alebann
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Daffodil Aura » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:08 am

No.

Well, I don't go out of my way to cause waste, but I'm not hunting down opportunities to conserve either. If anything, it's more out of consideration for my bank account than anything else.

Generally, lights are off if I'm not at home - or even if I'm not in the room, but sometimes I forget, and I haven't been using heat not to save electricity, but to save money.

Water: the water is running the full time I'm in the shower: I'm gonna luxuriate in it, not barely get wet then turn it off until time to rinse off. We were required to do that for the brief time I was deployed on a submarine, and I am not going to relive those days.

I figure, by the time the energy and water has reached my apartment, it's too late for conservation efforts: the trees/coal is already burned, the water is already pumped out and routed. In fact, one could argue that it'd be a waste to not use it (but I'm not gonna argue that :p).

And before you ask: I don't bother with sorting trash and recycling either. When I move back to Japan (someday, I hope), I'll have to do that again, but that can wait until then.
The eye may see the body, but the heart sees the spirit.
Daffodil Aura
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ijuin » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:46 am

Well sure I conserve energy. It IS the first law of thermodynamics, after all. ^_^
Kawaii to kawaii wo atsumete motto kawaiku shimasho!

Let's put cute and cute together, and make it even cuter!
Ijuin
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Helel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:04 pm

I do my best not to waste water or energy, but when it comes to getting sleep, I'll leave the light on in my room when I fall asleep at times.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Polls