Assuming that homosexuality isn't an option...

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

...and you could choose your gender, what would you prefer to do?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:51 am

Desire sex with the opposite gender?
14%
Desire friendship with the same gender?
71%
Or desire neither of such relationships? (This isn't a cop out answer if you don't like the other two options. You truly have to have no interest in sex and friendship.)
14%

Total votes : 7

Re: Assuming that homosexuality isn't an option...

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu May 26, 2011 2:20 pm

You're no quarterback. ;p
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Hah. At my weight, I'm closer to a fullback.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zilla » Thu May 26, 2011 7:22 pm

I think I see what you're getting at here. I just find it... hard to think that relationships should define someone's gender. That, to me, seems... just flat out wrong. As such, this poll just seems flawed on a fundamental level.

For me, it's not a matter of "sex vs friendship" as two things to balance the decision-making on, it's "sex vs personal identity." This is all in the paradigm of homosexuality not being an option. I wouldn't define my gender one way FOR friendship. That doesn't even make sense because friends can exist on either side. Unless heterofriendship is forbidden for some reason <_<.

I guess there's the opposite way of thinking about it, that you would define yourself as one gender to PREVENT sexual relationships... I dunno, that also seems odd to me.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sprite » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 am

The problem with the poll is that it's worded poorly. Among other things, it implies that you wouldn't have a friendship with the person if you got romantically involved with them, that it would basically be a "fling" and that they wouldn't be friends with you ever. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you mean to challenge whether or not a person is willing to give up their preferred gender or give up romantic and sexual relationships with their crush, not a test of giving up sex VS giving up friendships.

It also doesn't challenge everyone fairly. A currently homosexual male who wishes to become female gets everything they want.

If I've understood correctly, the question should read:

There is a person you like. Their sexual orientation is such that your preferred gender is the one they AREN'T attracted to. You have encountered a once in a lifetime opportunity to magically change your gender, with refusal destroying that chance forever. Do you:

1. Choose to become/stay as the gender you DO prefer, settling for being "just friends" with your crush

2. Choose to become/stay as the gender you don't prefer so you can have a romantic and sexual relationship with them

BTW, no traps or whatever: your crush is only attracted to people who look like a man/woman.
Sprite
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Previous

Return to Polls