Colors of the Wind

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Pick Three Colors Please~ (See Text Below for Explanation)

Poll ended at Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Red
8%
Green
12%
Blue
27%
Orange
2%
Yellow
No votes
Purple
13%
White
15%
Black
17%
Other 1
7%
Other 2
No votes
Other 3
No votes

Total votes : 60

Colors of the Wind

Postby Xia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:19 pm

More specifically, Colors of the Forum (and to a larger degree, the website~ Yes, that thing that rarely gets updated).

An update that won't be rolled out with this set of updates (because it will take more effort than moving forums around) is that of cosmetic changes to the forum. The main one will be creating a new style that the forums will use. What I am asking for are colors people would like to see on a new default style. Eventually it will be replacing prosilver and subsilver2 on the forums, to be followed by other styles, as the phpbb2 forums had with girls/boys blue and red.

This does mean that prosilver and subsilver2 will be going away, as artistically speaking, the new style for the forum will be used as the stepping stone for the new look of the website, so they will look nicely meshed together. It is in your best interest to participate in this poll, as once the new style is complete, shortly after prosilver and subsilver2 will be on their last legs, and no telling how long they will remain as a viable option for people to use.

I know that some people will not like this at all, and frankly, I'm not concerning myself with that. The idea is to have integration between site and forum, so we will be stepping away from prosilver and subsilver2. Technically speaking, the new styles will be based mostly on subsilver2, as it is what I am the most familiar with and fond of. A separate poll will spring up concerning ideas for the new style, from which people will be able to point out what aspects they like or what they would want in the future. This poll is completely about colors.

Choose three, and then if you could, explain how you'd want to see them used (ie background color, hilights, etc). I selected the 6 primary and secondary colors, with white black and three other options. Bear in mind that shades of a color will end up being used, so don't worry about that, this poll is about what colors the style should be based off of.

Two weeks this poll will run
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Re: Colors of the Wind

Postby Calisto Coon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:31 pm

FIRST! Just because you said something Xia.

Edit: Don't kill me! I want the white to be the background color, the black to use as linings and what not and blue to be the primary color.
Last edited by Calisto Coon on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calisto Coon
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Xia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Well, you might want to put something about what colors you picked. Same goes for everyone else who answered the poll. Otherwise all I'll see are the three most picked colors, which could definitely not end well for a new style
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Marky » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Hm. How about red for background, black and blue for something else...can't think clearly at the moment, but make it to where the red and the blue don't kill the eyes, maybe? If that's possible?
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jayme » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm

I'd like to see black backgrounds, purple text, and red highlights.. it would be painful on the eyes to be sure but it would be so killer looking.. you could also make red text and purple highlights but I prefer black backgrounds, it's less painful on the eyes when I log in and see.. the brightness that is MSF.

The way the colors are implemented aren't important however, these are my 3 favorite colors and they could've been used for anything and i still would've chose them... well almost anything..
Girl Gamer! & Black Dragon!

Current Projects: Siderian Realm, Mirror Realm, Photobucket Project 26? (lost track), 3 mystery projects, sorting out my characters..
Jayme
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: A realm of mirror sitting on my throne observing...

Postby Helel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Red, white, and blue. Good contrast, easy to work with thematically (whether for seasons or characters, etc), and they're basic.

Red would probably be best for highlights, for contrast, blue for backgrounds, and white for... whitespace, framing, etc. And black text, I guess. White would work well with a dark enough blue, probably.

Looks good on a flag to boot. But that's just me being obnoxious.

Yeah, that's about the gist of my reasoning. :o
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Just some lady » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:49 pm

^^ Well..to me, a white background sounds like it would be a good thing--it lends a sense of openness to the design of the page, and frees up the darker colors to be used in easy contrast to it without hurting your eyes.
Black could be just general stuff--text, and whatnooot....and purple or blue maybe could supplant where we have teh blue now in subsilver 2, if that makes sense.~
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Xia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 pm

8 people have responded, but only 4 have explained, which means only 12 of the 24 responses are worth anything.

This isn't a popularity poll, I'm not just gonna choose the top three and run with them folks. I'd like a little more to go on than numbers.
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Haylie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:23 pm

How scary. I just got done watching an Internet review of Pocahontas. :shock:

Anyhow:
I think it should be... darker than it is now. Not black, mind. It's just a tad too bright for me. I think blue for the background (perhaps a lighter shade for the posts?), white or black for the text (whichever's easier to see, I guess; I'll say black as a default), and silver as a highlight, so it's easy to see while being eye-friendly.

Will that do...?
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:24 am

I chose orange, black and other. Black for the background, orange or red-orange for the bars and trimming, dark grey for everything between them, and white text on the grey and black on the orange. So long as the new board style doesn't have things going right to left, I'll be fine.

Of course, having more than one option would be nice. If possible, have a theme going on the site where different areas have a different appearance, and have board styles match those. For instance, one area could have a wind theme, another a water theme, and stuff like that. I mean, if MSF is anything, it's variable, changeable and offers possibilities.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 am

I chose black, white, and blue. Black -- or a dark color similar to it -- for the background, and white and blue for the bars/trimming. Of course, that might have been silly on my part, but eh, I was mostly choosing.

And a dark background would honestly be a lot easier to look at in a way.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Albedo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:35 am

Blue BG.
Red Highlights.
Purple for all the stuff that's blue right now.

Happy?
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:06 am

Seeing that black, blue, purple and red are leading, it looks like we're beating the message board into a bloody pulp. :P
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Xia » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 pm

we do have some rough customers registered
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Musashi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Black, white and blue. Green too, but I couldn't vote for it also. XD I prefer black text. And I agree with Caprice that white backgrounds can make things feel nice n' open. <3 And then blue or green for accents and whatnot.
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Polls