My thread in the Muffin Room

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Why have you not participated in my most recent thread?

The thread sucks, and so do you!
13%
This thread is just too serious for me.
No votes
I haven't decided whether I want to join or not.
13%
The thread is moving too slow/fast.
13%
Wait. You made a thread?!
13%
Eh. I dunno. It just doesn't interest me.
No votes
There's no TFs! That's why!
No votes
I'm afraid this thread will end up like the last one.
No votes
I haven't had the time to.
13%
Other
38%

Total votes : 8

My thread in the Muffin Room

Postby Marky » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Now, for those of you that have been here for most of the time that I have been here at MSF will know that I have only created a total of five threads for the Muffin Room (and up until this, 8 total threads for the forum, the other 3 being in the Welcome Matt).

Anyways, I've been wondering why, in 6 days time, I've only had 3 different people participate in my thread, whereas other threads have had over double the amount of people participate in such a short time. Now, I figure it might be the way those threads are, and mine has a much more serious tone with it. However, I just don't see why, out of everyone who regularly participates in the Muffin Room, only three have joined, one not being a regular forum user, one being fairly new, and the other for sure qualifying as a regular Muffin Room user.

Is it the way I've made the thread? Is it the frequency of the updates? Is it something else? Honestly, I really want to know, as it's kinda depressing to only have this many people join the thread.

In case anyone doesn't know the thread in question, it is titled: Pt. 2: Attack of the Clones (part deux) after the fact that the first one ended on a sour note and I'm trying to continue things on, as, well, if things don't continue on, my main character that I use here on the forums will be stuck in a state of limbo.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16785 <--Link to said thread.

Also, when you vote, if you could possibly explain what you voted and why I would appreciate it.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: My thread in the Muffin Room

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:57 pm

I voted "other." I saw "part deux" and assumed that it continued from something that I wasn't involved in (which is the case), and thus would only merit having those who did to return, or at least someone familiar enough with what's going on.

From what little I've been able to glean, though, I wouldn't be interested because fights with no absolute stats and rules just means that it will end of being a clash of the egos, thus resulting in a fight where people could end up arguing and fighting OOC because someone else's ego should be smaller than theirs and thus give in to their superiority because they don't want to lose.

That's why, out of all of the years that I've been at MSF, I've never, ever, gotten into a serious fight that held any meaning to anyone. I like non-serious fights where I can opt to be beaten or killed for the lulz. In the end, I'm not very interested in serious conflict and drama.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm kinda graduating from Georgia Tech in less than two weeks now, so I haven't had time to do anything on the forums. And after that I'll pretend to be active again.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Marky » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Hm. Maybe I should've put "take" instead of "part", as, though, in a way, it is part two of what happened in the previous thread, it's also the second take of it, due to the other one ending over what you said previously. However, I've got a bit of a different plan, and, honestly, there hasn't been hardly any actual fighting going on in the thread so far, unless you count what's going on with Lupus and Kaba.

The thing is, I just basically thought of a bit of a storyline to do for the Muffin Room with my character after having gotten tired of Mark being little Mary and found myself stuck with the character. However, then I remembered something that happened back in late July/early August of last year with an orange weapon and a clone and just brought things forward from there, albeit slowly. It's the reason why I've been using Sam instead of Mark/Mary in the Muffin Room.

Also, I would love to see the reason behind whomever voted for the first one.

And, yeah, I kinda figured some people were like you, Aeris, being busy and such with school or so. Thing is, though, I've been moving the thread at a very slow pace in hopes to get more people in, especially those that can't always be online when I usually am.

So, yeah...
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:32 pm

So that's what happened in the first part? I must be psychic! :P

On another note: a lot of my threads either don't get anywhere or die prematurely all of the time. It's just a fact that, if you're not pleasing someone's own interests enough, they're not going to care a whit about yours. They want you to conform to their needs, when you have your own, and it's often an impasse never resolved until you realize what's happening and figure out how you want to deal with it.

One of the reasons for why I don't have a character, among many, is because I know that there's a high chance that they'll be hung out to dry in the framework, because people are more concerned with the development of their own characters than they are of others. Unless, of course, they have a chance to turn your character into some submissive/controlled/subservient/brainless/fetish-dressed/toy/two-dimensioned/get-their-rocks-off thing for their own, personal enjoyment/amusement.

And all that jazz. It's really discouraging.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:37 am

Speaking for myself, I really don't go in the Muffin Room at all anymore, for two main reasons. First and foremost- it moves way too fast for me to keep up with. It seems like if you can't be glued to your monitor pretty much 24/7, you'll get left behind, because if you go away for a few hours ten pages (or more) will go up in your absence. Then there's an issue similar to Nikkou's- the fixation on "characters." I too have never seen the point in having a site "character." Maybe it's us showing our age, but when I first started hanging out here, not a whole lot of people did that, or only did it very informally. But now, if you don't have a "character" with detailed stats and traits and what not that you rigidly conform to, there's not much place for you in that area. It used to be a place for goofy socialization and hanging out. Now it's another roleplaying room, and it feels alien to me.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Yeah, back in the day, having another persona meant having another user account entirely, and your main account reflected who you were everywhere. Those were the days. Oh, well. Living in the past isn't so bad. :wink:
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Mitera Nikkou wrote:So that's what happened in the first part? I must be psychic! :P

On another note: a lot of my threads either don't get anywhere or die prematurely all of the time. It's just a fact that, if you're not pleasing someone's own interests enough, they're not going to care a whit about yours. They want you to conform to their needs, when you have your own, and it's often an impasse never resolved until you realize what's happening and figure out how you want to deal with it.

One of the reasons for why I don't have a character, among many, is because I know that there's a high chance that they'll be hung out to dry in the framework, because people are more concerned with the development of their own characters than they are of others. Unless, of course, they have a chance to turn your character into some submissive/controlled/subservient/brainless/fetish-dressed/toy/two-dimensioned/get-their-rocks-off thing for their own, personal enjoyment/amusement.

And all that jazz. It's really discouraging.

You can blame the way the first part ended on Whatevr. That might be enough to say on that issue.

Well, I know that I haven't been joining anyone else's thread all that much, but, I guess the stress from RL is causing me to be unable to enjoy many things in the Muffin Room at the moment, apparently. I've just been kinda 'eh' toward many of the other threads, those of which that I can at least find a way to join.

And that last part probably is true...meh.

Guen, now...that 10 pages bit is a bit of a stretch. In all my time here, I've only seen the Muffin Room move about a page in a day, at the max. Then again, any other time I was active enough to keep up with the Muffin Room before it got that way.

But, yeah, apparently things have changed. And I was thinking of actually making a second account after this was all over, for the character that is currently the orange avatar. But, yes, I do technically have four different characters for this account. One is rarely, and has only twice been used. The former main one is in a state of limbo, and Sam's become my main for the time being.

I also have to have a bit of a chuckle for whomever voted for "Wait. You made a thread?!"
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Maybe they voted for that one because they didn't know that you were a silk worm or a spider? :P
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Haha. Maybe. Maybe not. :P And on the subject of threads, I put that one in there because it took me several months last year before I made a thread, a bit of a fun one and a maze. However, I found myself running out of ideas as things continued on, and just dropped the ball...after the thread itself went a very good number of pages...about 30-40. I've probably left a great deal of people disappointed from that one.

The second one, well, let's just say it barely went past half as long as the current one has gone...and kinda went downhill almost immediately. So, yeah. That was my attempt at trying something off of a wish gone wrong, I believe. And that would be the only two threads I would make last year.

Then, well, I remembered back into late July/early August and began to develop a plan for a bit of a storyline to do, which is what I'm currently into at the moment. If you remember, I asked you for an avatar, and I thank you for it, and now I'm showing it off. :P

At some point I introduced the cloaked figure and brought it into Circe's Manor thread, attempting to get Circe to join in on things. Well, as you could see, in my third thread, that didn't work out. XD

And then my fourth thread started this, and, after finally getting over how the last one ended, I just decided to restart it. Last time I had at least double the amount of people join, maybe a little more. This time, only one person from the previous thread joined. So, eh.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Yeah, I remember that. Or persona changes were marked by a temporary name change, or something. Well, looks like you and me can be a couple old curmudgeons sitting on a bench somewhere rambling on about the "good old days" or something. ;) Oh, and to clarify, the "ten pages" comment was in regard to whatever specific thread you were involved in, not in the entire section. It happened pretty much whenever I did try to get involved in threads, unless they only had two or three other people present max. I'd leave for a few hours, or even just go to work or whatever, and come on to tons of new pages which I could never hope to catch up on because people posted like demons. I just can't keep up with a rapidfire pace like that, and I can't devote all my time to sitting here monitoring it. Especially when I'm already out in left field because of my choice to not have a finely-honed, carefully statted, "have to do it this way" by the books "character." When you lack that, you're seriously out of your element, there.

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Yeah, back in the day, having another persona meant having another user account entirely, and your main account reflected who you were everywhere. Those were the days. Oh, well. Living in the past isn't so bad. :wink:
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Marky » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Ah. Yeah. I know what you mean. I did have a few threads run away from me, especially during the summer, when I could only get online for a few hours of the day, the evening ones, and had a ton of threads to catch up on and such.

And, see, that's mainly the reason why I'm going at a slow pace with this thread, in case of those that may not be able to consistently get online, or at least get online for the same time as the rest, join and post in my thread. *sigh* Still a shame that apparently not many look here, or just don't want to bother with voting and/or giving an opinion as to why. I still would like to know the reasoning by a couple of the votes, but, yeah.

Meh.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Albedo » Sat May 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Moves too slow, we need more people so Marky has more reason to update.
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun May 16, 2010 3:14 pm

And getting disheartened, especially with a couple that possibly might have some connection to my character and not participating. Gonna try and update it today.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Sun May 16, 2010 3:19 pm

The Muffin Room has not slowed down, it's got even faster. RPs can be created and reach nearly 10 pages in the time it takes me to sleep, all the time.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to Polls