Song Battler Kamen Clef: Contest Preparation!

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Song Battler Kamen Clef: Contest Preparation!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:13 pm

The legendary defender of music, Song Battler Kamen Clef, whom everyone doesn't know, is hosting a contest. Participation is simple: PM his unofficial sidekick, Dance Savior Pas De Deux, and enclose within one of your favorite songs (a link to a video). She will accept up to fourteen entries, one per entrant. Upon reaching fourteen entries, the contest will begin.

(Once the contest begins, the poll will be set up. You will be able to vote up to five times, and you will also be able to change your vote. This should allow people to take their time in listening to the songs, since it's unlikely that someone has the time to listen to all of them in one shot. So, you can place your votes as you listen, and change them later if you hear a better song further down the list.)

(But, if it's a contest, then there should be a prize, you say? Indeed! But, like Song Battler Kamen Clef's identity, it shall remain unknown until the right time. ^^)
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Song Battler Kamen Clef: Contest Preparation!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 am

Okay, fine. The prize is twenty-five bucks. It's not much, but, hey, I'm poor.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Wow. Is the community so dead that not a single person is inclined to do such a simple thing as find a video of one of their favorite songs, PM the link to me... and that's it? Not even with the lure of money? I was willing to pay it, too, as some of you older folks may remember.

I'm really disappointed. That MSF has become nothing more than a superficial shell of itself, where all anyone does is stroke themselves: be it their egos or their joy sticks. Doesn't anyone know how to just be themselves and shoot the shit? It's bad enough that MSF can barely muster any new captions, stories or art on an irregular basis. ;/
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Apologies go to those who PMed me because I wasn't clear enough, but I didn't say what I did because I thought it'd get this thing going and done. It's just not going to happen, and what I said expresses that sentiment in a way that should give less incentive than the initial setup.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat May 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Wow. Is the community so dead that not a single person is inclined to do such a simple thing as find a video of one of their favorite songs, PM the link to me... and that's it? Not even with the lure of money? I was willing to pay it, too, as some of you older folks may remember.

I'm really disappointed. That MSF has become nothing more than a superficial shell of itself, where all anyone does is stroke themselves: be it their egos or their joy sticks. Doesn't anyone know how to just be themselves and shoot the shit? It's bad enough that MSF can barely muster any new captions, stories or art on an irregular basis. ;/

Or, you know, not all that many people visit this particular forum where this thread is stationed... or at least not many enough who would be interested. XD

Heck, I never even noticed this thread until now because I hardly ever visit the polls sub-forum, so you can't really blame the issues on things like that. Blame it on the fact that the polls sub-forum is a spot that doesn't get all that much traffic.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Marky » Sat May 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Plus...why was something that didn't have a poll...in the polls section?
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun May 02, 2010 1:17 am

Because it was meant to become a poll in the polls room. It's the most logical place to set it up, since moving it from some other forum would be unnecessary work. The intent was there, and I've set up such a poll before (and actually succeeded), so...

KonokoHasano wrote:Or, you know, not all that many people visit this particular forum where this thread is stationed... or at least not many enough who would be interested. XD

Heck, I never even noticed this thread until now because I hardly ever visit the polls sub-forum, so you can't really blame the issues on things like that. Blame it on the fact that the polls sub-forum is a spot that doesn't get all that much traffic.

I will say that, as a sub-forum, it's worse off. It'd be better of as it's own forum, again.

That said, it doesn't change the facts. The discussion forums are, for all intents and purposes, dead. Polls, General Discussion, the Tea Room, the Soap Box (which I wouldn't mind seeing the demise of, anyway, to be reabsorbed by the Tea Room), the Entertainment Lounge and Video Games; they're all dead. Even the reanimation of what the Muffin Room used to be, Lefty's Catcher Mitt, is barely alive. And if a place like that last one is barely alive, what does that say?

What I'm thinking is that people are so caught up in a fantasy world that they don't care enough about real interaction (well, about as real as you can expect from the Internet), and neither do they care about the place that provides the medium that allows them to jerk around in said fantasy world. Maybe I'm wrong to assume that people should care about MSF and invest something of themselves for it, rather than only for themselves. I've been wrong before.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun May 02, 2010 11:07 am

Hmm... I'll admit that I'm basically lazy when it comes to just posting in one certain forum. However, I have honestly considered branching out and also posting in other places on this forun. From what I've seen so far since starting, I honestly do like MSF since it's interesting and all.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Shadowmaster » Sun May 02, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm more or less the same. I honestly mean to post outside the RP rooms (really only regular RPs), but I forget to look most of the time or feel I have nothing to add.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Marky » Sun May 02, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm not lazy about posting outside of the Muffin Room, it's just, well, for the other RP rooms, at least, I just haven't had the ability to create characters to join new things. The other rooms, however, I just haven't had anything to post there, really...and in the lefty's catcher mitt, I just haven't been in the mood for randomness.

Also, take in note that the semester has been winding down toward finals, and for those in high school and below, either getting close to graduation or the projects in the latter part of the school year that they have to do. So, yeah.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun May 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Those fools and their ejoomakashun! *Shakes fist!*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Those fools and their ejoomakashun! *Shakes fist!*

It works though... usually.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Return to Polls