4%
Dont know
4%
Other
21%

Total votes : 24

What do you believe in?

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:09 am

You gotta believe in something! The world didnt create itself! Unless you think it did... in which case I have a bridge to sell you. And I'm sure there are several 'belief classifications' I am missing, but I'm tired, and my pseudo faith BS jargon is rusty.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: What do you believe in?

Postby shinryou » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:33 am

Ah.... this is going to be weird... I sense a flaming war of beliefs if we aren't careful XD
Character Sheet
Outline Absorber Deck: 16 cards
shinryou
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:59 am

From a spiritual type place~? ^^ Then nothing, I would say, myself~. Albeit you have evolution up there which, from 'where'd the human race come from' type dealio has struck me as a better idea then most on the matter.
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:09 am

I'm a Christian myself. I believe strongly, but I'm not the type to force it on anyone else, or to judge anyone for seeing things differently.
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Blaze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 am

I believe in evolution.

And Harvey Dent.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby shinryou » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 am

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:I'm a Christian myself. I believe strongly, but I'm not the type to force it on anyone else, or to judge anyone for seeing things differently.

I'm here same as BMS... and also... I'm not the type to smite others views...
Character Sheet
Outline Absorber Deck: 16 cards
shinryou
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 am

Blaze wrote:I believe in evolution.

And Harvey Dent.

I also believe in both of those things.
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Haylie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:23 am

I'm Christian. Despite all the cursing I do. :)
I really gotta stop doing that...

Don't try to convert me, I won't try to convert you. Let's not bring it up elsewhere, okay? We get along just fine without the "how did we get here" thing being brought up.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:13 am

Evolution does well enough to explain the development of what already exists, but doesn't explain where things already in existence come from. In one form or another the creation stories of one or more deities doesn't make a lick of sense to me, in part because how they came to exist doesn't make sense or can't be explained. Between the scientific and spiritual side of things I'm not stuck in the middle and undecided, or dismiss the possibilities outright, but removed and unsatisfied by the current answers provided, and unwilling to choose one of them for the sake of choosing.

Maybe, one day, I'll find an answer that I'll find satisfactory enough to get behind. Until then, I'll wonder if it even matters.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:28 am

I believe in Kamina dying for our sins and Gurren Lagann.
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Marky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 am

I'm the same as BMS and Shinryou. I'm a Christian, but it's not like I blast people for not being one, either. And, yes, I probably curse way too much for a Christian, as well.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:14 am

Interesting responses. I forget what made me make this thread.... ah yes, it was my good friend who believes in nothing and listens to Metal. He asked me what I believed in, I answered 'God' he asked why, I answered that it made the most sense to me. The likelyhood of an omnipotent creator being is, in my opinion, more likely than the universe coming into existence from nothing. The sheer insane complexity of everything in the natural systems of the earth makes the "it was all a random chance" viewpoint look a little rediculous. But I'm sure those who hold to it believe believeing in an omnipotent creator being is rediculous as well. *shrugs*

I could talk all day about this stuff... I believe in the Christian viewpoint, yet oftentimes feel ashamed of calling myself a Christian because of the immense stupidity and self-righteousness a lot of them get up to. I believe all humans are evil, with a sin nature, and that includes the church wether they want to believe it or not. Governments and institutions will never be perfect, because they are run by humans, which are flawed. The more I learn about the world and the people in it, the more reinforced this viewpoint becomes. Humanity is scum... that includes preachers, popes, scientists, celebrities, poloticians, you, and me. Its a dark viewpoint... one I try not to think on, because it tends to make me depressed.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 am

Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Helel » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:17 pm

shinryou wrote:Ah.... this is going to be weird... I sense a flaming war of beliefs if we aren't careful XD

If such a thing did arise, I can assure you that my fire will be the best and put an end to it.

Also, cupcakes.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:24 pm

You're nobody's cupcake. Just be sure to bake cupcakes with the flames. Energy efficiency and all that.

Knight Errant wrote: The likelyhood of an omnipotent creator being is, in my opinion, more likely than the universe coming into existence from nothing.

You know, until someone can say that an omnipotent creator didn't come from nothing -- as in, "it just is" -- the likelihood of there being one is the same as the universe coming into existence from nothing. Just thought I'd point that out, since I'm always concerned with matters of logic, and things like "I am what I am" and "I have always been" aren't explanations, they're excuses.

In the end, it doesn't matter. No one's going to know for sure until they're dead. Unless, of course, death turns out to be the end: no afterlife of any kind or continuance of your self in a different form as your soul/spirit moves on to live again.

Fun stuff to think about, though, I guess. But I'd much prefer the comfort of oblivion, to be honest.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Polls