Final boss tunes

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Which final boss tunes do you like? (Songs linked to in post.)

Poll ended at Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Final Fantasy 4
13%
Final Fantasy 6
13%
Final Fantasy 7
13%
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
No votes
Final Fantasy: Tactics
No votes
Secret of Mana
No votes
Dawn of Mana
No votes
Super Mario RPG
No votes
Chrono Trigger
No votes
Saga Frontier
13%
Saga Frontier 2
No votes
Romancing Saga: Minstrel's Song
No votes
Xenogears
No votes
I didn't like any of them.
No votes
I'm not familiar enough with them, and am too lazy to listen to the songs.
50%

Total votes : 8

Final boss tunes

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 pm

I was bored, so I did something like this. Choose based on your opinion of the song, in relation to it being for a final boss, and not the game itself. You can choose as many or as little as you like.

I originally planned to have songs from games other than from Square(-Enix), but, since said games would have crowded the list anyway... I decided to just make an entire list for them. If people show enough interest, I'll put up another list for games that come from other developers.

Song list:

Final Fantasy 4

Final Fantasy 6 (1 & 2)
Final Fantasy 6 (3 & 4)

Final Fantasy 7

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Final Fantasy: Tactics (1)
Final Fantasy: Tactics (2)

Secret of Mana

Dawn of Mana

Super Mario RPG (1)
Super Mario RPG (2)

Chrono Trigger

Saga Frontier (Asellus)

Saga Frontier 2 (1)
Saga Frontier 2 (2)

Romancing Saga: Minstrel's Song

Xenogears
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Final boss tunes

Postby Helel » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:07 pm

Out of that list, I only really 'liked' Final Fantasy 7 and Saga Frontier's Final Boss Themes, they just seemed the most catchy to me. That said, I'm not real familiar with any of the themes/bosses for the rest, so don't really have an attachment to them.

That said, if I were to offer up some theme songs for final bosses that I enjoy, some would include:
Golden Sun 2's Doom Dragon
Baten Kaitos True Mirror (Guitar Version)

Or really anything else by Motoi Sakuraba. The man is insane when it comes to music for video games. I'd do a list, but you could easily just look up his page on Wikipedia. It's nuts how much he's done.

But yeah, the main trend is that the song needs to be catchy and to a degree, 'energetic'. Anything that's too slow doesn't really hold my interest in a battle.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm

I picked final fantasy 4, but boy did it ever take me forever to figure out what I was doing wrong on that last boss.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:16 am

Some people have to look into a crystal ball to scry the answer. :P

Man, MSF certainly isn't inclined toward music. Even video game music, even though video games are supposed to be one of MSF's main venues. I weep.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Some people have to look into a crystal ball to scry the answer. :P

Man, MSF certainly isn't inclined toward music. Even video game music, even though video games are supposed to be one of MSF's main venues. I weep.

Well, not the music you're inclined towards anyways. :o
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:02 pm

I love music. I kind of play games too, just not this sort of game. I struggled to think of many games I've played with bosses, let alone good boss music... and still don't really have an answer. The final boss of Metal Gear Solid 3 sticks in my head. I hate the fact those games even have bosses, it seems like such a weird thing to have in a stealth game, but the end was pretty cool, with the field of waist high white flowers, and eventually the woman's voice singing the theme song.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:11 pm

OH LORD I LOVE "DANCING MAD!" "One Winged Angel" is good too, but it loses some points because I think Sephiroth is a nonce who needs a haircut. Damn hippie, won't shut up about the planet...
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:36 pm

At least the Green Lantern and the Hulk haven't gone green on us.

<_<

Zeah wrote:Well, not the music you're inclined towards anyways. :o

Mr. Assumption, what's with your gumption? Making an ass out of us, if you know what I mean.

Ye of unenlightened stock! Know thy place! U_U

What
I'm
More
Inclined
Toward.

Killer move: Stack of Links!

*I point my thumb down, and my background explodes spectacularly*

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:I love music. I kind of play games too, just not this sort of game. I struggled to think of many games I've played with bosses, let alone good boss music... and still don't really have an answer. The final boss of Metal Gear Solid 3 sticks in my head. I hate the fact those games even have bosses, it seems like such a weird thing to have in a stealth game, but the end was pretty cool, with the field of waist high white flowers, and eventually the woman's voice singing the theme song.

<-- Is reminded of this.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:48 am

Then you should've posted more final boss tunes with more heart in them, obviously, Nikkou~

That or just more variety in general. :O
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:24 am

Hey, I made my case! And I can't change the final boss songs for games, since they each have one, or which games I'm actually familiar with. Instead of complaining about it, why not add that variety? I don't feel like making another poll, with final boss music from other games, since no one seems interested in this sort of thing, anyway.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Polls