Halloween

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

The perfect union of "good" and "evil?"

Poll ended at Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Nevars! Life shall triumph over the dead... again!
No votes
Yush! Christians can dress up as devils and Pagans can dress up as angels! All's good! And by good, I mean perfect! Yes.
No votes
But... It's scary... ;_;
No votes
Any holiday that focuses on the sharing of candy must be perfect. *Nods sagely*
67%
Wait... What about the harvest part? *Blink-blinks*
No votes
But the dead aren't evil... We just forgot to provide them with food for the journey in the afterlife. The Egyptians knew what they were doing.
33%
If they didn't make it a hallow eve, wouldn't the dead leave people alone? I mean, the dead typically reside in hallow ground, so we're practically inviting them into our lives. O.o
No votes
I can't make heads or tails of it. Too many ideas are mixed together and most people don't know how to properly serve the purpose of either of them, anymore.
No votes
I'll let you know after I see how All Hallow's Eve turns out. :P
No votes
Oh, even if it were a perfect union, they're bound to divorce sooner or later. You know how it is.
No votes
If so, I wonder what the bastard child would be like... Confused? No, wait.
No votes
*Pretends to be dead*
No votes

Total votes : 6

Halloween

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Since Halloween is a holiday that manages to exist today, despite the contrasts of the beliefs that make it up being stronger than in other American holidays (as far I know), I thought I'd approach the subject of the upcoming holiday from this angle. Or something.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Halloween

Postby Shadowmaster » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:37 pm

I went ahead and picked the candy choice. After all, I'm willing to bet that very few people even take into consideration what Halloween used to be about any more. The just like to dress up, decorate their yards, and hand out/get candy.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Haylie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:17 pm

To me, it's an excuse to dress up as a video game character and not get weird stares. Or arrested.

And candy. Can't forget candy.

People come up to me a lot. "Aren't you a bit old to dress up and trick-or-treat?" To which I reply, "I'll be too old when I'm dead."
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:56 am

I picked the candy one too, just because it was an overal positive response. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays- and as a matter of fact, I do remember where it originally came from. In fact, in college I participated in Samhain rituals with a pagan group in that area, so you could say I don't just acknowledge it, I've done it. However, I still love decorations in the Halloween stores, costumes, goodies, etc. Halloween is overall many good things, to me. :)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Return to Polls