Girly things

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Of the things listed below, which five, in your opinion, are the most girly?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Bright/Vivid/Pastel colors
8%
Sweets
No votes
Romance
1%
Singing
4%
Magic
1%
Cute outfits
18%
Hearts & Flowers
13%
Empathy
4%
Being emotional
1%
Stuffed animals
4%
Makeovers/makeup
19%
Cooking/baking
3%
Jewelry
11%
Chatting/Gossiping
6%
Bubble baths
6%

Total votes : 72

Girly things

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Now, I don't want to hear any complaints about the choices in the poll. Obviously there's only so much room, so not everything of relevance will be covered. Furthermore, what makes it to the list is up to my discretion, based on whatever I can think of at the time. So sue me if I fail to think of one that might apply more strongly than something else that's on the list (which is bound to happen, anyway, due to personal tastes/perceptions). But I did try to generalize as many options as I could, as catch-alls.

Anyway... I thought I'd make this poll to get some idea of what MSF finds girly, since MSF is renowned for transforming people into all sorts of girls.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Girly things

Postby Haylie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 pm

I went with pastel colors, cute outfits, hearts and flowers, makeup, and gossip.

Sweets are not girly because, dammit, I like candy. 8)
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm

I agree, although my dad loves the color pink....which kinda scares me from time to time.
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Well, it goes without saying that both girls and boys are applicable for these things, but these are common stereotypes in our culture, so... I mean, if you wanted to get technical, being pregnant would no doubt be a girly thing.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Xia » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:I mean, if you wanted to get technical, being pregnant would no doubt be a girly thing.

I think I'll have to disagree with you there (shocking, I know). Being pregnant isn't "girly," at least not how you seem to want us to look at it. It is simply a condition of being female under certain circumstances. there are a few pregnant girls at my work who are anything but girly.
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:48 pm

I wasn't meaning girly in that way, in regard to pregnancy. I was approaching it as a physical condition, and only females can get pregnant. That's why they're called females. Though, if you want to get even more technically, it'd be considered womanly, not girly. ;p But it's the same basic principle behind both terms.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Xia » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:50 pm

being girly and being female are not tied together though, otherwise there wouldn't be a stigma on guys doing girly things, because if they were tied to gender, guys wouldn't be able to do them :o

that'd be interesting though, liking pastel colors being biological? :D
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:58 pm

No, the ideas aren't tied together by trend. But all of the relevant definitions are there for it; 's'why I used it. The idea of something being girly means that it's meant, reserved, or particular for/to girls. In the same sense that a male can never be called pregnant because, by that very definition, they would have to be female to be pregnant. Females bear young.

That's about the best way that I can explain it. Sigh. This is so typical. Why was I born, again? =_=
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Xia » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:The idea of something being girly means that it's meant, reserved, or particular for/to girls. In the same sense that a male can never be called pregnant because, by that very definition, they would have to be female to be pregnant. Females bear young.

But those two are not in the same sense. On one hand you say that being girly means that its something inherent to girls and then you go on to say that males cannot be pregnant because they are not female, tying being pregnant to being girly. With that you have a list of things that are not restricted by sex, only socially (and even partially at that) restricted by gender.
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:12 pm

The reason why I wasn't mentioning those things in my explanation was, in a vain attempt, to help separate the different concepts. In the same sense that many words aren't restricted to a single definition. I wasn't trying to use the concept for how those things are considered girly, which is why people get choices rather than told what is girly. It's a matter of perspective, obviously. Thus, "what do you think?" If I wanted to try to convince anyone with something like that, it would have been stupid. But it seems I'm stupid, anyway, because I'm unable to explain things where they are understood. If I can't do a simple thing as communicate a comprehensible message. Sometimes I don't know why I bother to try. ~_~
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Polls