Channel switch-a-roo!

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Your feelings about channels being changed?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:11 pm

It's evil! I was used to the way it was, but now it's all messed up. Y_Y
33%
It's good! I was getting tired of the same arrangement!
No votes
My feelings will depend mostly on where the channels of interest are moved.
17%
I don't care since I don't watch much TV, or for whatever other reason I may have.
50%

Total votes : 12

Channel switch-a-roo!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:11 pm

It turns out our cable service decided to change the number of channels around, after being accustomed the the current numbering for years. Normally I wouldn't mind, but the channels I'm interested in are now scattered to the winds. They used to be grouped together in the guide, and all I had to do was press in the foremost channel number (for example, putting in 42 to also see 43 and 44) in the group, to see them all, three times. Now I have to do it three or four times that many times before I'm done checking all of the channels of interest, because there may only be two channels close enough to each other to see at the same time, now. ;/

*I raise my fist and shake it at Charter Communications!*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Channel switch-a-roo!

Postby Helel » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:47 pm

I've never particularly cared about channels being moved around, cause I never know what channel is what to begin with. I don't watch enough TV :P
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Marky » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Charter...ugh...there's a reason why I don't have cable back at home, and it's them. Don't you remember about maybe 10 years ago...maybe less than that, where they changed up just about everything from 15 on? I swear, I don't think a single channel stayed the same. So, have they done that big of a channel move, again?

As for the reason I no longer have cable. I'd rather put up with satellite if I can get over double the channels for $20 less than what we were paying...without even having digital cable!!!!!!!
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:19 pm

I don't really care what channels get moved where. However, I have a major gripe with the fact that our local cable company swapped out the TV Guide channel for yet another shopping network. Since I'm not too keen on firing up the computer and looking online just to check when something is airing, it's frustrating having to rely on the occasional newspaper---which aren't always reliable in themselves---just to find out when something's on.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Marky wrote:So, have they done that big of a channel move, again?

Yeah, the changes were pretty extensive. I don't know if anything is where it used to be, but I noticed that only the news networks and movie channels were grouped sensibly enough. That is to say, together. The Learning, History, Discovery and Animal Planet channels (and other related channels) used to be grouped together, but now they're all over the place.

I've been asking for a change to satellite, simply because it would be cheaper, but my mother still thinks the reception will go out with a mere cloud and that there won't be as many channels available. Even though she's well aware of how horrible Charter's services has been for us. ;/
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:34 pm

More channels, that's for sure. And, it doesn't really go out with just a cloud, for us. It has, however, gone out when it was just real windy, with no rain. But, that may be because the dish is attached to the roof. Otherwise, it's only gone out when the rain gets to around a steady rain up to a bad thunderstorm. The locals are a bit more reliable, though. They tend to only go out during a thunderstorm, or so.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Right now I don't have cable, so it's really not an issue for me. I've never been much of a TV person in any case. So in all honesty, shifting channels doesn't have any real impact on my life, at this point in time.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Haylie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm one of those nit-picky people who enjoy digging through details and stuff, so it'll depend on channel numbers for me.

And I have satellite, so HA! :twisted:
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Return to Polls