Since Video Games doesn't have a poll, which is stupid...

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Which games do you like? (Multiple choice, of course.)

Poll ended at Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:00 am

Phantasy Star 2
3%
Phantasy Star 3
1%
Phantasy Star 4
3%
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
13%
Lufia
1%
Lufia 2
7%
Chrono Trigger
11%
Super Mario RPG
9%
Earthbound
5%
Secret of Mana
8%
Breath of Fire
3%
Breath of Fire 2
4%
Final Fantasy 2 (4)
8%
Final Fantasy 3 (6)
7%
One or more games not listed.
17%

Total votes : 75

Re: Since Video Games doesn't have a poll, which is stupid...

Postby Zoei » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Hm. You're right. I thought the earliest was with the Sega Saturn.

Still, was it really that notable? I agree that they're good games, but I don't think they had much of any following in America until they were re-released on the Playstation. I mean, I owned a Sega-CD almost as soon as it came out, and I never heard of its existence. Both my mother and I were keen to keep our eyes open for RPG titles. And she usually had no problem getting them since the place where we got games allowed its customers to make installed payments over time to pay for them. (So we usually got games in bulk.)

I suppose, if I could, I'd replace the first Lufia and Breath of Fire with the Lunar games. But, since I can't, we'll have to make do with the last option.

You live on mars, in a cave.. under a rock. Actually it had a pretty strong cult following in those days. And I still think it has one of the strongest stories of an rpg overall.. well the origional one.. I don't like the changes done in "complete"
"Please continue stating the perfectly Obvious, it fills me with so much Confidence"-"John" Cavil, Battlestar Galatica
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Helel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:49 am

Yeah, I haven't played any of those games. So I'll abstain. :O
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:10 am

Well I voted for my favorites. I never played any of the Phantasy Stars so none on my list.

I however OWN a copy of Lufia 2 ^___^ No, none of you can have it. That RPG was rather awsome, but just not as awsome as Chrono Trigger IMO.

Despite the fact that the Lunar games were on the Sega CD and 16-bit back in the day, I still don't think they were all that 'known' Yeah they had a cult following, but how many on here have mentioned SoulBlazer, or Illution of Gaia for the SNES?

They had their followings too, but ask around and just not many people know of them now.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:29 am

Soulblazer was good.

The 'other' game I voted for was Terranigma
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:19 am

UberLurker wrote:Soulblazer was good.

The 'other' game I voted for was Terranigma

Oddly enough, that was the one of the three I never beat. I just got... bored. Not sure why considering the two LONG stretchs in Illusion of Gaia that can be rather boring.

I really should play through Illusion of Gaia again...
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:25 pm

They're not listed here, but I'm rather addicted to "Katamari Damacy" and its sequel game....
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby AshK » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:51 pm

The games I like aren't listed here. I like Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3 Mega Man 1,2, and 3(Haven't played the others of that series in a while, I have the first three as well as the original Nintendo that still works. The Pokemon Series. GBA/DS Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game. Among several others that aren't listed.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Queen Octavia » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:09 pm

It was supposed to be 16 bit RPGs, not 8 bit sidescrollers ;p

Btw, Nikkou you should play Dragon Quest 5 & 6!
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Selena Aninikkou » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:21 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Still, was it really that notable? I agree that they're good games, but I don't think they had much of any following in America until they were re-released on the Playstation. I mean, I owned a Sega-CD almost as soon as it came out, and I never heard of its existence.

Lunar was the greatest-selling game the SegaCD spawned, by a VERY LONG SHOT. I had a copy the same day I bought the SegaCD, and I'm really surprised you couldn't find a copy at all, considering it was everywhere the SegaCD was at the time...

No, the game that was sadly ignored and shouldn't have been was Lunar's cousin, the absolutely awe-inspiring Popful Mail, which was one of the greatest RPG-sidescrollers I've ever played.
ImageImageImage
Popful Mail rules ^^
Selena Aninikkou
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby David » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:35 am

I picked Chrono Trigger because I didn't feel like listing the other games I like here which would probably go on for waaay too long for people to care.

As for Chrono Trigger itself, I rather loiked it and was surprised by what it could do for a SNES game, I never finished it though.
I put the blame on the same friend who introduced me to that game for constantly messaging me on MSN to ask me if I had reached the boss fight in the area yet, the answer was usually "No and stop ****ing messaging me, idiot." it never worked.
This signature is bad and will only lead to disappointment and shame, read about David or read his crappy journal by clicking those links and later wishing you didn't.
David
Bad Taste in Hats
Bad Taste in Hats

Previous

Return to Polls