a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Dead, and loving it?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:11 pm

Being dead is fun. lawlz!1!!1
No votes
MSF's not dead! It's just in... traction! Yeah, that's it! Traction!
8%
Well, it could be in much better shape...
67%
I won't have you guilt trip me into helping MSF become more than it currently is!
No votes
I feel ashamed! How could I let this happen on my watch!?
17%
Wait, what? We're supposed to be responsible for this place? But I came here for fun and selfish reasons! Waaaaagh!
No votes
I see what you did, thar. Leslie Nielsen all the way. :wink:
8%
This poll is an abomination! It makes people think of things that should remain under the carpet so the natural course of things takes place! Yush! U_U
No votes

Total votes : 12

MSF...

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:11 pm

For example, imagine Polls if I weren't making any polls. Imagine General without birthday topics. Do I even need to mention the entire creative corner, the rest of the discussions, and the entertainment section?

Yes, I get to bitch because this isn't something that one person can fix and, even if it were, certainly no one like me. As it is there's only so much I can do by myself, which is the same with PvP file sharing: more life with more seeds and peers! But what we have is a bunch of leeching.

Yeah, I said it. Wanna make something of it? ;/
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: MSF...

Postby Ookalf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:14 pm

It's certainly hit a bit of a decline, but I wouldn't exactly call MSF dead.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Depends on your definition of death, I suppose. MSF is (and should be) a lot more than just some RPing and silliness. But if that's generally all that there is to it, at the very least it's in a coma, or dead with a window still available to get the heart started again.

I've seen MSF go through plenty of phases over the course of time that I've been here, but this is just the worse that it's ever been. ~_~
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:29 pm

I won't deny that MSF must've seen much better days. However, as long as people are still coming here and enjoying it, I'll still consider MSF to be alive, in a sense.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:07 pm

It's definately been in slow decline since at least the time I joined up. Now it's just kind of in a slump. Hopefully new people will come in and rejuvinate the place...

Though, I think most of the problem stems from lack of a main page where people can view content and stuff. That's what brought me here.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Ookalf wrote:to be alive, in a sense.

Oh? Like the Nine Riders are alive? ;p

Shadowmaster wrote:Though, I think most of the problem stems from lack of a main page where people can view content and stuff. That's what brought me here.

Yeah, that's been vexing me since the old site got archived and was poorly replaced. Still, I don't think that would help too much. What people we have are, for the most part, polarized to certain areas. So our efficiency/affect by number is greatly reduced from its potential. I'm one of the few people, and perhaps the only active one, that tries to produce and support activity in most places, if possible. :?
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:21 pm

My main point was that without a main page, people may not find their way here as easily as if we had one.

Well, it's also not helping that most of the people who actually contributed to the site have moved on. It's not going to do much good having a main page if there's nothing there to showcase.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:56 pm

Perhaps. I honestly couldn't tell you if a new site will really attract much more activity, since there wasn't much just prior to having the site we had archived. The only exception was my little venture with Fukufics, during that time, which attracted a number of people from there to here. Some of them have moved on, but I don't know if the Muffin room would be as lively as it is today if it hadn't been for them, and those that continue to stick around.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm thinking we just need more advertising.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:07 pm

I wouldn't bother advertising without a product. :?
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Well, we need some way to get people here.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 pm

No, no, no... "If you build it, they will come." :P I don't think a new site will necessarily do that. We need something with more substance. A site with a good story being written exclusively for it, for example. But, really, the general lack of comments given in the creative corner doesn't exactly encourage anyone to do/make/write anything for MSF or anyone here. ;/
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:39 pm

That's true. MSF used to have a bunch of stories and art and captions on the site...

We should have a recruitment force! Send some MSFers out there and get them to fetch fresh, new talent. Then, with new people contibuting art and discussion, even more new people will flow in. It's as easy as that...right?

At the very least, a new site will bring with it the promise of new content, or a place to put new content. And it'll look better than just a forum.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:50 pm

We just need a set of shockpaddles for MSF and EVERYTHING will be better.
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Helel » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:56 pm

Aires Drake wrote:We just need a set of shockpaddles for MSF and EVERYTHING will be better.

You would say that about ANYTHING. Same for guns, explosions, and tanks. :P

Also, I find it odd that a poll just popped up, given the last month or so has been one of the most active that I've seen in a while- both here on the forums with the return of some oldies, and also on IRC which has seen a LOT more people popping on lately who have been gone doing that college or real life thing.

Could MSF be in better shape if our front page was fully operational, and we could advertise, or send super secret sleeper agents to convert more MSFers? Sure. But while some factors may be out of a normal poster's control here at MSF, they can still continue to be active to post, to do stuff, whatever. And be patient with those that may not have as much free time on their hands, because really, not being bored is a terrible disease.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Next

Return to Polls