Mercury 21

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Question below!

Poll ended at Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:00 am

Just...act natural! Maybe no one will notice!
No votes
Wait...this must be a guerrilla theatre thing! Fall over and feign death for the crowd!
No votes
Darn kids and there pranks. Just trudge back up to the lab and grow yourself an extra head.
100%
As you are about to call for vengeance...the taste of your own gray matter dribbling down onto your lip, makes you pause. Test the limits of cannibalism, and try some sandwich with your brain instead of marzipan.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Mercury 21

Postby Alissa of Someday » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:00 am

You could be wrong, but a little voice inside of your head seems to tell you that this is not, perhaps, the best of days that you have ever had. Sure, it started well enough, with all the usual things--the sun, for instance, rose this the morning, which is something that you have always found reassuring.
You had a fairly pleasant breakfast, and proceeded, without unusual difficulty, to work. It's was tough commute, but it always is, up to the Heights. After that, you settled into your job--the Doctor was out today, so things were a fairly light load, even if the Machine was being cranky, (as it usually was, without its master to sate it). Still though, it was a rather pleasant day up through that point.
Yes...Everything was going fine, actually. Until lunch, that is.
Thing was...well...you decided to go out and eat a lunch from a shop just down the hill. That's when things
started to go all sour, like something having the acid taste or smell of, or as if of
fermentation.
Or...like spoilt milk.
First of all--horror of horrors--you stepped on a piece of gum. With your nice shoes, too, You scraped it off on the cement, but boy did that irk you.
Next..even worse--the line at the sandwich shop was twice as long as normal! Your stomach hungered much in that line. And then--even after that, when you received it, and were walking back to the lab, you notice that they forgot the marzipan! That was half the reason that you even went out there, why you had half a mind to charge right back there, and--
At this point, you lost your train of thought for a moment, as you noticed the pitchfork that had slammed entirely unexpected and uninvited through the back of your skull. That's kind of what tipped it over for you, from a 'good' day to a 'bad' one. Maybe you were just being too sensitive.
The odd thing is...you seemed to still be standing.
It's not your field of research really, but you always had had the vague notion that when people had pointy metal objects jammed through there skulls, they generally would fall over, and commence with the whole dying bit.
What to do...?
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Mercury 21

Postby Helel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:07 am

I'll have to grow myself a new head and then surgically replace my old head with the new one.

And then I'll experience a personality shift and become a raging killer with a genius intellect no less!
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Haylie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:04 am

My next thought would probably be, "Eh, whatever."

Now if that was the first thing that had happened, I might have thought something along the lines of, "WHAT THE HELL?!" or, "HOLY CRAP!" or, possibly, "OH MY GOD!" Y'know, something along those lines.

But after all that, a pitchfork to the brain would feel fairly typical.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:32 am

If I hadn't died by then, then I would be disappointed.

Other than that, plenty of people have had big, metal objects jammed through their skulls and, in the end, weren't affected by it much. And with the spacing between the three pointy things, there's a good chance that just one of them is sticking in your head. Beyond that, if this is a typical pitchfork we're talking about (all covered in rust and whatnot), I'd be more worried about Tetanus.

But, since I'm poor, I'd find a sideshow to make some extra money.

Barker: "Hurry, hurry, hurry! Step right up and feast your eyes upon the idiot that left a pitchfork in their head! Believe me, this is a sales pitch that can't be made up! Just fork over a buck and be prepared for a visual haymaker!"

(See what I did there? Yeah, I know you did. Just pretend that this is someone else's post. Consider it charity. Yup.)
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Polls