Which is your preferred method of entry?

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Which one?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Go in guns blazing! Sod stealth! I just want to introduce myself the only way I know how, via heavy weaponry and punches to the face.
25%
Act casual and cool whilst disguised and maybe, avoid unwanted conflict/attention.
25%
Ditch the stupid acts altogether and just enter as normal and natural as you can be.
25%
I couldn't think of a fourth option to give this poll so I'm just going to say that in C&C Tiberian Sun, the engineer sounds like a retarded scottish robot. I guess by choosing this option you agree with me.
25%

Total votes : 4

Which is your preferred method of entry?

Postby David » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:26 pm

This may or may not have an impact on something I might do here but you can also take it as one of those personality things I suppose, never really understood those myself.
This signature is bad and will only lead to disappointment and shame, read about David or read his crappy journal by clicking those links and later wishing you didn't.
David
Bad Taste in Hats
Bad Taste in Hats

Re: Which is your preferred method of entry?

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:13 pm

It really depends on just what it is that I'm entering. Would I be known? A stranger? Am I an opponent? An ally? I can't treat just any situation the same way, or else I'd be mad and incarcerated/dead already.

*Comes home to greet the wife*

"Falcon puuuuuuuunch!"

*Sends wife flying*

"What's for dinner, honey?"

"...Honey?"

:P

None of the options really cover what I'd do. If I were welcome in the place that I would be entering (or at least not seen as a threat), of course I'd act natural; I'd have no reason to gun people down and/or commit my fist to the art of brutal plastic surgery. If I weren't welcome, but had to do some dirty work, I wouldn't draw attention to myself unless it didn't compromise my reason for being present.

It seems like the question is geared toward something militaristic, but it's not so clear. Even if it were, there are still a few general bases left to cover in the poll, that you didn't think of.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Haylie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Jamie Hynerman:
"When in doubt... C4."
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Helel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:07 pm

"A got a present for their tree!"

It depends on what I have available. Generally for roleplaying (or just playing) one particular person, I stick with stealth, manipulation and playing it cool to get needs to be done. And then probably assassinate my enemies.

However, I'm a very impatient person, so it's really easy for me to just say to hell with being subtle or taking my time, and just charge in with overwhelming violence to wipe everyone and their uncle out swiftly.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Polls