Unraveling the mysteries of the universe...

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm sure to do it, non?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:42 pm

You might just be crazy enough to do it! :D
29%
Er... You're just plain too crazy. I doubt it. <_<;
14%
Knowing you, you'll discover something that has already been discovered and somehow convince everyone that it's a new discovery with your skewed logic. @_@
14%
Oops! Too late! No more mysteries to solve! ^_^ *Sneaks away to discover the mysteries for themselves, if there really are any left*
No votes
So... What happens when you unravel yourself? O_o;
43%

Total votes : 7

Unraveling the mysteries of the universe...

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Anyone who knows me knows that I think too much, about a great many things. And I come up with all sorts of strange ideas about things that people normally don't even consider... Of course, I also wonder if my creative thinking will lead to actual answers to actual questions that still need to expand out understanding of the universe.

Or will I continue to come up with silly ideas and arguments to merely pass the time and amuse myself? That is, indeed, the question...

I think I might unravel some of the mystery, at least. Otherwise there will be no meaning to my life. :?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Unraveling the mysteries of the universe...

Postby Helel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:49 am

While thinking does a lot of good, it has it's limits. Hence why science has proven a lot of the things that let's say Greek philosophy thought through, as false. :/

Which is unfortunate, Greek philosophy is pretty darn neat. If flawed.

Thinking is a good first step for solving mysteries, or explaining things... but it's not the end-all be-all to solving them.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:34 am

Eh? So I think, therefor I am not I am? Whut? *Confused*

The only thing from Greek philosophy that I knowingly agree with, is Chaos. Everything else is Greek to me. ;p
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Haylie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:59 pm

"You're a mystery, SpongeBob."

'Nuff said.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Sophia Anieri » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:08 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Eh? So I think, therefor I am not I am? Whut? *Confused*

The only thing from Greek philosophy that I knowingly agree with, is Chaos. Everything else is Greek to me. ;p

Chaos in Greek philosophy even means something completely different than "chaos" means in English. Which makes sense when you consider that the word usually translated as "chaos" actually means "empty space" or, a little more poetically, "void."
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:11 pm

I know what Chaos was to the Greeks. :O (There are a few versions, though, so don't be surprised if I focus on just one for simplicity's sake.)

Although I may not consider it exactly as they did, since it has a been a while and I can't remember all of the details. Basically, while in either the mythology or cosmology (I can't remember if they went hand in hand back then, or if they probably could be considered to be) it was believed that the fundamentals of existence came from Chaos. For me (and this is where I may differ), since Chaos has the seeds of all that exists, I believe that it can't be seen or comprehended because the disorder is really a mixture so complete that you can't distinguish one thing from another, and so it seems like a void despite the fact that non-void-like-things came from it. Kind of like how red and blue, when mixed together, will appear to be purple unless you can distinguish the two fundamental colors apart.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Polls