20%
Vampires.
60%
Will Smith pwns. :P
20%

Total votes : 5

For Those Who've Seen "I Am Legend"...

Postby Haylie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:49 pm

The infected personnel. Which do you think they are: Zombies, or vampires?

Zombish characteristics:
Enjoy human flesh.
Not all that smart.
Can almost be considered undead.
Brought about by a virus.
They're EVERYWHERE.

Vampish characteristics:
Hate sunlight.
Can still think.
Super-fast and strong.
Attracted to human blood.

You're welcome for the cop-out. :roll:
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: For Those Who've Seen "I Am Legend"...

Postby Ookalf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Vampires. The original book said so.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:00 pm

They're Vambees, of course! :P

But I won't go for the cop out, since I have the one, and true, answer.

They're a different kind of zombie from usual. I don't care what the book says: true vampires do not fear or get injured/killed by light, and do, in fact, live during the day like anyone else can. And without Rayburn sunglasses, at that. ;p
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:09 am

That is a perfect example of a movie that gets ruined in the last half hour... same with Babylon AD
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:42 am

Eh? Ruined in what way? The day that any movie with zombies and/or vampires doesn't suck, is the day when I can give birth to a blue whale. Which is never gonna happen. ;/
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 am

The endings of the book and movie were completely different.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Eh? Ruined in what way? The day that any movie with zombies and/or vampires doesn't suck, is the day when I can give birth to a blue whale. Which is never gonna happen. ;/

From Wikipedia

Alternate ending

The tone of the film's ending was altered before the film's release, especially the stand-off between Neville and the infected in his laboratory. Visual effects supervisor Janek Sirrs recounts the original ending starting with the stand-off: "At that point, Neville's—and the audience's—assumptions about the nature of these creatures are shown to be incorrect. We see that they have actually retained some of their humanity. There is a very important moment between the Alpha Male and Neville. The Alpha Male slapped his hand on the glass and smeared it revealing a butterfly shaped imprint." Neville realizes that the Alpha Male is identifying the infected woman he was experimenting on by a butterfly tattoo, and that the Alpha Male wants her back. Demonstrating that he will cease fighting and return her, Neville is allowed to approach them, with the Alpha Male ordering the infected not to touch him. Neville brings the Alpha Female back to consciousness, still infected due to him having removed the cure, and the Alpha Male embraces her; David Schaub stated, "Then, when Neville finally turns the Alpha Female over to the Alpha Male, there is this little love moment between the two of them." Neville and the Alpha Male then exchange stares; Neville apologizes to them, which the Alpha male acknowledges before the infected leave. He then looks at the photos of the infected he has experimented on and killed and realizes that he is the monster of their legends; the infected think of him as someone who hunts down and kills their people. The original final shot follows Neville, Anna, and Ethan as they cross the remnants of the George Washington Bridge in hopes of finding other survivors, accompanied by a recording from Anna telling possible survivors that there is hope
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Xia » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:58 am

it all depends on what type of zombie you are talking about

28 Days Later/I Am Legend types? hard sell, edge slightly to Vampires because of the advanced capacity for thought. Sure the zombies CAN think, but they don't necessarily do it effectively, so their strong point is their numbers, to which the Vampires are strong enough to mostly come even with. the capacity for thought makes Vampires much more dangerous

Standard Zombies? Vampires all the way. A vampire could kill several hundred zombies without noticing they were trying to fight back

as for I Am Legend, I liked it right up to the end...and not because of the difference in endings. Its a movie from a book, that happens. What I didn't like is...for a guy so smart, so well prepared...his preparedness just doesn't sync with what it should have been.
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:03 am

Xia wrote:What I didn't like is...for a guy so smart, so well prepared...his preparedness just doesn't sync with what it should have been.

Couldn't agree with you more.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Polls