Poll ended at Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:46 pm

Yup
44%
Nope
56%

Total votes : 9

Big Bang Theory

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I don't think the Big Bang Theory explains much of anything of importance, so I don't believe in it.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Big Bang Theory

Postby Haylie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:43 pm

No. For several reasons I don't feel I should state, if only to avoid religious disputes.

So it's not totally brown-nosing.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Religious issues aside, I don't think the Big Bang Theory gives any substantial evidence to support its claim. In the end, it seems that it boils down to this impossible equation.

Nothing + Time = Something

I don't think so...
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:43 pm

Well, I don't think anyone will be able to conceive how anything exists at all. Because it always goes back to a common denominator that can't itself be explained. Whether it's the existence of God or the four elements that somehow broke down to cause the Big Bang, how did the things before the creation of the universe come to be? How can something always (or never) be?

My solution has been to think of everything as nothing, and that that nothing is actually something. Chaos, basically. My basis for it lies within how everything seems to have a duality, where something can be one thing, or its opposite, at any given time. It even shows up in our concepts, with such things as: for a left there is a right, for a good there is an evil, and for a right there is a wrong.

So, why don't I believe in the Big Bang Theory? It only addresses the expansion of the universe, and leaves out the contraction. It assumes that the universe existed some odd years ago based on the evidence of the beginning of just one expansion. But if you look around the universe, it's full of stars exploding and then coalescing into new stars. And yet scientists expect the universe to end once the expansion spreads to a certain point. Who's to say that everything won't then start to contract until it reaches the point before the "big bang" and do it all over again? I mean, isn't everything else that we see cycles and processes? Why not existence, too? That's the sort of chaotic thing that I can believe in: not in an infinite or finite universe, but a universe that is infinite in its finiteness.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Sasha » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:44 pm

I vote for pie
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:02 pm

You can't! So shut your pie hole! :lol:
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:49 am

Well, I personally think it would be important. If we work out what happened we may be able to work out WHY it happened.

Mendokusee wrote:Religious issues aside, I don't think the Big Bang Theory gives any substantial evidence to support its claim. In the end, it seems that it boils down to this impossible equation.

Nothing + Time = Something

I don't think so...

Nothing + Time = Profit!!

I have worked out everything!!
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sasha » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:You can't! So shut your pie hole! :lol:

NO U *hits Nikkou in the face with a cream pie.*
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:30 pm

*Eats it*

This pie hole was made for eating pie! Foolish mortal~

And to those who believe the big bang explains the creation of the universe: I feel for you. I really do. But we all can't be "winners", can we? :P
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:54 am

A theory is a theory, not a law. So I'll leave the big bang as such. :D
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:28 am

That doesn't stop theories from being used as laws, though. Still, a good (if somewhat evasive) answer.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Selena Aninikkou » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:48 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Who's to say that everything won't then start to contract until it reaches the point before the "big bang" and do it all over again?

There was a time when scientists seriously thought this would be the ultimate fate of the universe. However, there is just too much mass moving outwards from the center for the galaxies to reverse their outward motion, so...
ImageImageImage
Popful Mail rules ^^
Selena Aninikkou
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:16 am

Or so they think. I know what one of their theories is on that, about how things are speeding up and in a long time nothing but protons will exist. I don't buy it. It doesn't make sense for existence, which no one can figure out the beginning of, to have an end. All that they know is that stuff started to expand at a certain point, but not how that stuff got there in the first place. Besides, if that were the end, then it would make the beginning evident; and it works the other way around, too. I still see no eureka moment, or even an explanation for the vast majority of mass/gravity/energy that we notice the presence of but can't see.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:That doesn't stop theories from being used as laws, though.

Yes it does, that's why science bothers to make such a distinction between things that can't be conclusively proven (yet), and laws which have been proven.

It's why there's the LHC. If nothing happens, then oh well. If something haaaaaaaaaappens, then there may be some revisions to theories, postulates, and maybe a new law or five.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Polls