No votes
Tales
No votes
Wild Arms
15%

Total votes : 13

Re: Of choices and reasons

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:20 am

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:Especally since Grandia and Lunar didn't make it in the cut. Course we don't have the Personas, Valkyrie profiles, or XenoGears/sagas either.

Out of those (except Xenogears, since I still don't know how that and Xenosaga correlate), I've only played the two Lunar games. But, by the time I considered it, I didn't really think it offered anything significantly different from the other games I had picked out.

So in the end I guess my answer has to be: Kingdom Hearts! XD It's the best of everything. Seriously.

Also didn't make the list because it wasn't a standard RPG. But that's even assuming you're the lucky fellow that leaves your little universe to follow some key-wielding weirdo around. :P Or, at least, from what little I saw played I don't recall just anyone being able to travel to other universes. So, in the end, you might as well end up choosing a Final Fantasy or Disney setting, and since Final Fantasy is already up there, and the Disney universes are, primarily, movies and not games...

Musashi wrote:But but but. Where's Suikoden? D: If that was on the list, hells yeah I'd pick it. Especially if I could narrow it down to Suikoden 2, though 1 and 5 are also very good.

I did consider Suikoden, but I've only played the first game and I couldn't really think of anything significant that it would add, aside from amassing a bunch of people, and putting together your own headquarters and army. I mean, individually, a lot of characters weren't all that helpful, and even the good ones were pretty restricted. A team of six doesn't even match the flexibility of one character in plenty of games that have come before it.

Ugh... I still can't decide on one. Well, actually, I think I'll go with Disgaea. If I were there, human or demon/angel, there would be more opportunities for growth and transformation. Which would be the best of the two worlds that I'm after. And speaking of worlds, I would also be able to travel to other universes and such.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:26 am

I choose Kingdom Hearts because anyone can travel from one world to another. You just need a Gummi ship, or specail powers.

Remember: The Final Fantasy people started in 'Radiant Garden', but you first meet them in 'Transverse Town' They could litterly travel to the worlds with you if they wanted, but obviously Square couldn't have that happen as it'd mess up the game mechanics.

Also Beast from Beauty and the Beast left his world when it was being destoried to travel to Hallow Baistion to rescue Belle.

For the game, Square and Disney only wanted Goofy and Donald actually traveling from one world to another with you. So party members you get on other worlds, had to stay there.

Given the type of power/abilities you can gain from the Kingdom Hearts 'universe' and the fact that it's possible there could be 'MORE' worlds out there. Including links to all sorts of anime/videogames/comics/etc.

It's defently the best choice for someone like me.

Really there aren't too many video game worlds period, that I'd want to spend the rest of my life in. Not even sure MegaMan would count.

Animes are another story.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:17 am

Don't think I said good ninja. I merely see no reason to raise cannon fodder to be uber when I can give the same skills to already uber characters to begin with. Personally I tend to equip whatever is on hand to them, I don't worry too much about the stats, but that is a bad habit I have in a lot of games. All sword skillers, except Beowulf, get knight swords. I've noticed his attack effectiveness actually takes a dive when using anything but a regular sword.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Xia » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:34 am

easy answer for that actually

Knight Swords do damage based on PATK and Brave.

Beowolf's brave starts at like...45 (out of 100). So if you do nothing to increase his brave, yeah, his attack with a knight sword is gonna suck balls
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:58 pm

I was referring to his spell abilities. Drain and all of that doesn't do as much damage as well as the fact that his sleep and other stat inducing ones fail more often with a knight sword or so it has appeared to me.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Xia » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:10 pm

huh, thats odd, it really has nothing to do with the actual weapon, aside from needing a Sword/Knight Sword equipped to work

Success/Power is based off of his MATK and Faith versus the enemy's Faith (and the zodiac compatibility)
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:28 pm

I know but that was why I was so confused by it but its been my finding on both versions of the game. I will say I've never seen the zodiac compatibility have a noticeable effect on anything.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Xia » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Ok, now I'm really confused, and I've played both versions of the game more times than Nikkou has posts

I've always had a huge effect from Zodiac compats, and when done right, Beowulf does fantastic (with a high faith and high matk)
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Keima Xia wrote:and I've played both versions of the game more times than Nikkou has posts

Heresy!

Anyway, I never noticed any effects from the zodiacs either. (And what's this second version of the game? On a GBA/DS or PSP?)
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Xia » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:53 pm

PSP

Great little remake, my only complaint is that multiplayer is ad hoc, not internet.

And I cant believe you two, I've always been able to exploit Zodiac compats
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:46 pm

I am not happy with its multiplayer part for that as well but also I miss the spell quotes.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Xia » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:17 pm

yeah...I would be fine if they didn't make some of the multiplayer missions so awesome.

LIFE IS SHORT...BURY

Steady Sword :3
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:52 pm

Well, I believe us two. I was never able to figure out what significance it played, other than, perhaps, affect the chance of being charmed.

And I meet your stasis sword (was that it?) with my dark holy. Because it is more awesome. :O

Aurora, exhale bloody air! Dark Holy!

Yeah, I have no life.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Xia » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:07 pm

ah the good old days

I need to get my emulator working again...just for that.

And I believe myself and countless game mechanics guides over you two :o
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 pm

Ahh Dark Holy. The only thing from Final Fantasy Tactics I ever LIKED.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Polls