No votes
Tales
No votes
Wild Arms
15%

Total votes : 13

Of choices and reasons

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:28 am

Imagine that you had the chance to choose another universe to live in, and have a chance to experience the same sort of things the characters within might. For instance, let's say you'd choose Final Fantasy 6 because you'd like to be half-esper, or Breath of Fire (most of them) because you'd like to have the ability to transform into a dragon.

The universes that you have to choose from are based mostly on what I'm familiar with, so... Don't complain if the one you'd really like isn't there. Just choose the best of the lot, you lazy bum. :P
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Of choices and reasons

Postby Haylie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:35 am

Being a dragon sounds like fun. We'll go with that one. :mrgreen:
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Tiffany Grimm » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:40 pm

...No Fire Emblem? Rip-Off! *Curses loudly*
2nd in command of the Redblades Student of Raleigh! Headmistress of the Tiffany Grimm Academy!
Check out my Characters: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums ... 32&t=11667
Tiffany Grimm
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby ZeroForever » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:55 pm

honestly the choices are rather generic and don't really define enough as most of the series have games that are independent enough from each other retaining only a few traits that its hard to judge.

i choose disgaea overall, though FF and PSO work just as well.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Dracos » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:02 pm

`Ar! That be a good choice, matey! Have ye a cookie.

*Dracos hands Zero a cookie in the shape of a flintlock pistol*
When the fate of the world is resting on your shoulders... How can you afford not to stop and get a massage?
Dracos
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:55 pm

I knew I was forgetting something. Well, I had planned on it, but it had somehow slipped my mind. Anyway, Fire Emblem is now there, although that addition kind of reset the poll, so... XD;; I was kind of hoping it wouldn't since the re-vote option was checked.

Zero:

That's the point. It doesn't make it harder to judge, though; it just gives more choices. If indecision is what makes it harder, that's to be expected. ;p

And by calling them generic you might as well call RPGs generic, even though that's pretty much the truth. I didn't choose them just because I knew them, but also because they all fit the general description of an RPG. You don't see the likes of Zelda or Megaman up there because they're more action/adventure than RPG.

Anyway, I'm torn between Breath of Fire, Disgaea and Fire Emblem. In Breath of Fire I could make use of the shamans in the second one, I could be an ultra-powerful demon in Disgaea, and I could be a Laguz in Fire Emblem. Decisions, decisions...
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Tiffany Grimm » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Sorry! :oops: I chose Fire Emblem.
2nd in command of the Redblades Student of Raleigh! Headmistress of the Tiffany Grimm Academy!
Check out my Characters: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums ... 32&t=11667
Tiffany Grimm
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:22 pm

So unfair, such good choices. As much as I absolutely love the Breath of Fire series, its the only reason I got into rpgs after all, I picked Wild Arms. I love the setting, stories, items, enemies, and in general everything about the first game in particular. The second one was good too and I've rather enjoyed the fourth as well. The third didn't win me over and I've not had a chance with the fifth. XF is also a good option. All around its been the most consistent series for me to like. Breath of Fire comes in second because of the tarnish of Dragon Quarter and while I liked a lot of stuff in BOF 2 I didn't like the way the dragon spells wiped out your magic with practically no good way to replenish it without spending about three hours on the net looking up the cooking recipe to make WiseBls.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Xia » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:12 am

Final Fantasy Tactics (Not Advanced of course :o)

You can just recruit a normal soldier from a town and make them to be powerful enough to fight demons of legend! I always liked that about FFT, with a little work, you could take your normal peeps and make them on par with (most of. the Thunder God is named so for a reason ^^) your special characters. Its nice to be mostly normal humans and be able to go far.

Alot of the other Final Fantasy Universes you've got way to many not so normal people
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:35 am

(Not Advanced of course :o)

Funny you should say that, since that was the game that inspired this poll. ;p

But, yeah, I did like that about Tactics. I could get the best weapons in the ninth level of the Deep Dungeon by catching what the ninja threw. And I loved getting the calculator skills because characters could practically play God with it... Well, as a second skill, at least (because the stats for the calculator class sucks).

Damn... Now I want to play it again. As if I haven't played it enough already. <_<;
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:15 am

My choices are actually kinda limited.

Hated Disgaea. Never played a Fire Emblem, Phantasy Star, or Dragon Quest game in my life. (well I did play a bit of Dragon Warrior, but bleh I didn't like it.)

Only ever played Breath of Fire 3 for that series, and got about half way through Wild Arms 1 before I had to move and since it was my roomate's copy. There went that. So my choices are pretty much Tales, or Final Fantasy.

Especally since Grandia and Lunar didn't make it in the cut. Course we don't have the Personas, Valkyrie profiles, or XenoGears/sagas either.

Though to be honest, I doubt that'd help my decision. I mean being in an RPG world and being given the abilites of that world is nice and all, but I can't find one that I'd find it worth it.

Much as I like the Tales games, I've sadly yet to beat many of them. That and the abilities of those games just aren't good enough to warrent spending the rest of my life in. I think I'd like to visit the world of Phantasia, but mainly to meet the characters.

If there was a chance I could romance Yuffie, I might go with Final Fantasy VII. Would be cool to hang out with Cloud, Vincent and the lot. Plus if I got to fight along side Cloud against Sephiroth, that'd just be awsome.

Except I'd just as much like to hang out with the cast of Final Fantasy VIII, it being my favorite Final Fantasy ever. I'd DEFENTLY secure a Ragnarok airship for myself. It was the best friggen one ever. I always found the SeeD gardens to be a neat idea too.

So in the end I guess my answer has to be: Kingdom Hearts! XD It's the best of everything. Seriously.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Ahh FFT. I like that one but for the opposite reasons of you two. I like it because of all the uber special characters I can get. Who needs a generic faceless twit with no name when I can get a named character, spiffy normal look, and all the normal skills and abilities on them as well as their unique skills? I mean T.G. Cid is just as good a ninja as faceless nobody number 73 so why not use him as a ninja with equip knight sword and his sword skills as a secondary command?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Xia » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Raleigh wrote:Ahh FFT. I like that one but for the opposite reasons of you two. I like it because of all the uber special characters I can get. Who needs a generic faceless twit with no name when I can get a named character, spiffy normal look, and all the normal skills and abilities on them as well as their unique skills? I mean T.G. Cid is just as good a ninja as faceless nobody number 73 so why not use him as a ninja with equip knight sword and his sword skills as a secondary command?

Because Equip Sword doesn't allow for the equipping of Knight Swords? ^^ (Of course, you can still use Sword Skills with regular swords...but why? Sword Skill damage is based on weapon power and patk)

Also, the Ninja class looks cool enough to to be used with a generic character, the special characters never really change their appearance :o

And why the hell would you make the Thunder God a ninja? and "as good a ninja"? He's so much better than a ninja, so much to the point that the only time Ninja comes up in my mind for the Count is to get him the Duel Wield support skill :o
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Musashi » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:27 pm

I picked Final Fantasy for FFT. That game was the shiznit, man. XD I loved making my little army. The original FFT is my favorite, but I did enjoy some of the job classes in FFTA.

I was also torn between Wild ARMs and Disgaea. WA, especially the first one, has a special place in my heart... the first game was actually the first Playstation game I owned. And Disgaea is just great, and I could start out as a girl character and become a boy one! :D

But but but. Where's Suikoden? D: If that was on the list, hells yeah I'd pick it. Especially if I could narrow it down to Suikoden 2, though 1 and 5 are also very good.
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Helel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:39 pm

Having the most experience with FE games, I'd have to go with Fire Emblem, since I love the way it's possible to turn people into utter monsters, capable of slaying GODS. That's totally worth it in my book. I mean, look at Ike at the end of Radiant Dawn. Daaaaaaaaaaayum.

I wanna do that too. :P
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Next

Return to Polls