Which will prevail?

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Choose you must~

Poll ended at Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:04 am

More people will place their faith in their religion first.
11%
More people will support their country first.
44%
More people won't have the guts to show/admit what side they're on.
44%

Total votes : 9

Which will prevail?

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:04 am

With the various reactions to recent happenings at Obama's now-former church, I began to wonder which people would be more loyal to if torn both ways by religion and nationalism/patriotism. (And for those who somehow managed to miss what has gone on, all that one needs to know, for this here, is that some sermons have been, or seemed, anti-American (among other things).)

So, what's your take/understanding of the American people? Do you think that most would forsake the country for their faith, or vice versa? I'm still thinking about things so my choice in the poll will be forthcoming.

Please keep in mind that this is based on whether someone's decision would have them at odds with one or the other of the two. There is no decision, except to abandon interest and participation of both, that would reach a reconciliation.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Which will prevail?

Postby Gee-chan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:11 am

As far as I can tell, you guys in the US promote patriotism like there is no tomorrow so I think that is what most people will flock to. Then again, the US is also very religious isn't it? Ohh, i don't know.

As for me. I don't like religion and my patriotism could be compared to a dead parrot. If there is a civil war then it is already agreed that I will name Withernwick a free-state until the trouble has passed....Anyone care to join me?
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Haylie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:05 am

I'm gonna say people like their country. I mean, it's where they live and stuff, right?
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Well, after some thought, I think the last option is the one to go with. People try to avoid conflict when it's against their interests, so they deny, hide, lie or distance themselves as much as they can. They will try to stick to what they are loyal to in secret, if they can. I don't think too many are willing to just abandon what they truly believe in unless the risks far outweigh the cause and they realize that they should probably abandon their loyalty and try for something better, whether if they're honest about it or not.

In most cases this is what happens with polls, where most will vote without making a post to tell anyone which option they chose. Case in point, everyone (aside from me) who chose the third option, ironically (or not), didn't say that they did in a post. It could just be due to laziness or something, sure, but I know that it's common enough in our nature to fear being too candid, and to be cautious about what we tell people (sometimes however insignificant).

As for myself, despite being paranoid to one degree or another, I believe that what you believe in isn't worth anything unless you can share it with others. Why else would we fight for the right to hold our own opinions openly? Because there isn't much to them (except, perhaps, in the case of religious ideas) unless they have the power to have a place among others in the world, rather than hiding out in a corner of our minds.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Tiffany Grimm » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:48 pm

Being a pessimist, I voted for the last option. That's what I see people as doing unfortunately.
2nd in command of the Redblades Student of Raleigh! Headmistress of the Tiffany Grimm Academy!
Check out my Characters: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums ... 32&t=11667
Tiffany Grimm
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Helel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Angie wrote:Being a pessimist, I voted for the last option. That's what I see people as doing unfortunately.

Luckily for me, I live in a community that happens to have common sense and actually votes for the country, not for religion or other non sense. Hopefully the same will occur this November in general.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Polls