What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Have you "Come Out?"

Yeah, I have and everyone's cool about it! ^_^
22%
Yeah, although things ain't goin' too well now...
No votes
I'm still undecided on what to do...
6%
Nope, this forum and my account are my secret!
39%
Nope, I just call it a "gaming forum" or an "anime forum."
33%

Total votes : 18

Coming out MSF style

Postby Tiffany Grimm » Wed May 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Okay, I don't mean coming out and saying you're gay or something, (which I don't freaking care about, love who ya love), but seriously, how many of us have told our families we arepart of MSF? I know I haven't, I know they wouldn't understand, they'd actually probably just delete my account. As such, this site remains my secret. How many of you guys are like me in this regard?
2nd in command of the Redblades Student of Raleigh! Headmistress of the Tiffany Grimm Academy!
Check out my Characters: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums ... 32&t=11667
Tiffany Grimm
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: Coming out MSF style

Postby AshK » Wed May 28, 2008 7:19 pm

I've told Mom and Lee, because those are the two I see the most of. I never said what the Forum actually is about, But I did say I was part of MSF. They seem to be cool about it. As long as I don't spend an excessive amount of time on it.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Wed May 28, 2008 7:35 pm

I've only ever referred to it as generally an anime forum. After all, I'm just about the only person here not actively into TG- just general community. Therefore, I don't see the need to explain why I hang out here. I'm an adult anyway, so it's not like it's any business but mine, or any big deal, come to that. To me, it's just another social forum.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed May 28, 2008 8:20 pm

On a few occasions I've had to refer to it, since it does take up a substantial amount of my time each day, I usually say that I'm just administrating this or working on that. If I asked anyone in the house what the "site" and "messageboard" was about, they could probably only guess that it's about video games and/or anime, since those interests are out in the open.

I could probably tell my sister, but I don't see any reason to. She would more than likely spill it to my mother, anyway; someone that shouldn't know about it.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu May 29, 2008 7:36 am

Normally I just refer to it as "that one forum" like I have no idea what I'm talking about and people just stop asking. If they press it, though, I'll say it's a game forum that centers around Japanese games like Gundam.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Helel » Thu May 29, 2008 9:06 am

MSF is just another internet forum and IRC chat I frequent and it's not like my family needs to know what I do with my time online.

That said, it was my brother's fault (Aires Drake) that I ever came here in the first place, cause it sounded interesting.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby David » Thu May 29, 2008 3:15 pm

I don't think my family would care about what forums I visit or what IRC rooms I go to but to be honest, it's none of their business anyway.
David
Bad Taste in Hats
Bad Taste in Hats

Postby Mendi-chan » Thu May 29, 2008 3:36 pm

As I'd rather not deal with my mother or brother inquiring as to the site's nature, I've kept it completely hidden from them. I even go so far as to delete my temporary files and internet history to do my best to leave no trail. To be honest, it makes me feel kinda underhanded though. >_>
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu May 29, 2008 3:50 pm

If you're using the same computer as other members of your family, an underhanded move would be to set restrictive access without a password to certain places or do something so the computer won't recognize the url of the places you want unaccessible until you return. But, to start, you can just get have a password for your account (I'm assuming most do; have their own account, that is), although that's not a guarantee that the administrator account (in the case that the parent has one) can't be used to override that. But at least it wouldn't be underhanded. Otherwise, deleting your history is just common sense, what with what can happen if someone unsavory were to get a hold of it. Your history does have security issues, after all.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jaya » Thu May 29, 2008 4:08 pm

Simple answer: yes, if there was any chance of someone knowing what I do online, I would take efforts to hide this site. I'm not ready for the kinds of questions I'd have to answer if I told people about it.

Its not like I go out of the way to keep things secret...
If someone walked into the room, I'd tab to something different before they got close enough to really see what website I was on. Beyond that, its my personal laptop, and my room isn't exactly a public place where people would be walking in and seeing what I'm doing. So I'm hiding it through inaction really- I don't have any particular desire to go tell everyone the websites I use.
Randomly active every few millennium!
Jaya
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Selena Aninikkou » Fri May 30, 2008 3:35 am

Well, no one around here really cares what I do on the 'Net (as long as it's not illegal), and most of them accept the idea that even if they WERE interested, I could hide it better than they could find it anyway, so...

That's one of the advantages of being the local network administrator ;)

'Sides, I use the work I've done on the site here in my portfolio. So do I care what people think about me posting here? No, not really.
ImageImageImage
Popful Mail rules ^^
Selena Aninikkou
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Musashi » Fri May 30, 2008 4:36 am

Some of my friends know about it, but not my family, because they don't really care. XD I am 21, I can do what I want on the computerz. I just say I'm on a roleplaying/anime forum... cause I am. I mean, really, when I explain it to people, I just say what it is. An anime-based site with a transformation theme, cause TF can be fun and interesting. It's fantasy magic, it's in anime, books, video games, movies. *Shrug* But I don't always get that far into the explanation, cause people don't always get it, and it can be kinda awkward.
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mendi-chan » Fri May 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:...But, to start, you can just get have a password for your account (I'm assuming most do; have their own account, that is), although that's not a guarantee that the administrator account (in the case that the parent has one) can't be used to override that.

I'm just lucky that my mother is completely computer inept. Thus giving me Admin. privileges on my computer. ^_^
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri May 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Now that is underhanded. And to think that I tried to defend your actions last time.

I find you troublesome. U_U
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Fri May 30, 2008 10:25 pm

Everyone knows I just go about the net looking for places to rp and have some fun and most of them know where I usually end up. No one has any particular problems with me being here that I am aware of.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to Polls