In regard to musical artists...

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Which do you prefer most?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:25 pm

The musical artists who "rock" for decades.
100%
The musical artists who are hot one day and not the next.
No votes

Total votes : 7

In regard to musical artists...

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon May 12, 2008 4:25 pm

I was just wondering since a lot of my favorite bands started a long, long time ago... and are still producing music today. On the other hand, I rarely get to listen to new music, and I really don't care enough to try. I just don't see much of the appeal in most of the latest music produced these days.

For instance, some of the bands that I like most, such as Pink Floyd, Rush and Led Zeppelin, date back to near, at, or beyond four decades.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: In regard to musical artists...

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon May 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Oh, I definitely tend to gravitate towards older bands and musicians, especially those still actively producing music. Let me list some of the bands/musicians I've seen concerts of: Chicago, the Eagles, Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart, Elton John.... Yup, all individuals who got their start in the 60's or 70's. And they still rock today. I know modern stuff I like too, don't get me wrong. But most of my favorites tend to be more venerable.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Haylie » Mon May 12, 2008 8:27 pm

I think Switch Foot, Finger 11, and Blink-182 all count as older bands, right? But I don't really mind all the new-wave bands, either. The song Handlebars is fairly new, and it's pretty good.

Have I confused you yet? :twisted:
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Those who last longer, in my opinion, tend to have more musicality or general entertainment value than one-hit-wonders. I enjoy both, but honestly I tend to like more stuff from people who had more than fifteen minutes of fame.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Kether » Tue May 13, 2008 12:10 am

I gravitate towards musicians who speak to me, such as Johnathan Coulton with his songs about cyborg overlords and brain eating zombies..
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue May 13, 2008 7:50 am

I just like whatever sounds good; whatever happens to make a rapport and all that. The kind of music that tends to get more exposure these days, due to the music being culture-centric, tends to not interest me much. Rap, for instance, seems to be all about attitude, ego and male chauvinism; or, at least, that's how it seems to me. So I stay clear of that stuff.

As far as I can tell, the kind of music that I'm most attracted to is defined as being progressive. Overall, I just like listening to music. Lyrics aren't all that important to me. I'm sure I've heard plenty of songs hundreds of times and yet I still don't know much of their lyrics. Vocals just end up contributing to songs as another instrument, to me. So songs that focus more on getting a message across, instead of the music, tend to not interest me either.

So, for the most part, rap, gospel, Christian contemporary (and their ilk), most modern country and pop bands that feature the musical artists as centerpieces, are the kind of music that I'd rather not be subjected to. I enjoy elevator music a lot more. ;p

Of course, with all things, there are exceptions. Like this one.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Momoko » Tue May 13, 2008 2:30 pm

Music has never been my forte, so I'm probably very disloyal to any particular artist. My attention to music is based on instrumental work and production, so I guess if I hear a good melody or beat I would listen to it for a bit, before moving on to the next. So I'm guessing how long a band or artist or group has been around has never been important to me.
Slacking off on spreading pinkness since...?
Momoko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Helel » Tue May 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Depends on the songs. I don't really follow particular artists, I just follow the songs I like and acquire them as it pleases me. :O
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Hira Kanaki » Mon May 26, 2008 5:41 pm

As for me, it's pretty much anything, except Country, Pop, and most Rap music, I say most because current day rap sucks, I usually listen to the older rap music, there are a few exceptions of course but it's hard to find them.
Hira Kanaki
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Return to Polls