Stupid, over-rated plot device...

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

Who should get smacked?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:02 am

That stupid boy! He should be able to read the minds of girls, whom they have no understanding of at all!
No votes
That silly girl! Girls are supposed to have the motor mouths and be the most expressive!
No votes
Both of them. The cliche makes me sick of it all.
43%
Neither of them. Because I'm the one who's sick. ;/
57%

Total votes : 7

Stupid, over-rated plot device...

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:02 am

There's a guy and a gal. The guy shows no interest in the gal, who shows no obvious interest in the guy. The gal complains, to herself, and takes out her frustrations on said guy even though there's no real reason for her to not express her feelings to him.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Stupid, over-rated plot device...

Postby Helel » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Tsundere is awesome, what're you talking about. :P
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:15 pm

No... That's not exactly it. I wiki'ed it. ;p

Not that this Tsundere isn't stupid and over-rated, either. It makes no sense, so I don't see what the point is in taking it seriously in any serious developments. Either you like someone, or you don't. Unless you're brought up in some backwards (literally-speaking) culture, anyone would know that you don't act hateful and give reasons for the person that you like to dislike you. Duh. Modesty isn't an excuse. And in such a world where we already have trouble communicating, the last thing we need is for this irrational behavior to be a culturally-sound idea that people consciously practice. It's absurd, I tell you.

Okay, I'm done now.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Stellar » Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:Either you like someone, or you don't. Unless you're brought up in some backwards (literally-speaking) culture, anyone would know that you don't act hateful and give reasons for the person that you like to dislike you.

That's the situation to begin with though. If the boy doesn't even notice the girl to begin with, then it becomes easier to pick a fight with him so she at least gets acknowledgement rather then out of the blue say, "Hey, you don't know me at all but I like you and can't stop thinking about you." Doesn't that seem kinda stalkerish?

Just a belated 2 cents. Then again, I probly misunderstood the whole thing to begin with, but all in all, I don't find it over rated
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed May 07, 2008 12:31 pm

I honestly don't see the sense with picking fights. Like I said, if you like someone, don't do something that will inspire them to lower their opinion about you. It's not reverse psychology; it's just plain stupidity. Other than that, if not for people who come out with how they feel, we probably wouldn't be here. Or we would be seeing a lot more non-consensual sex.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Haylie » Wed May 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Neither. Because I'm a guy, and I follow the Guy Code. And Rule #1 of the Guy Code is:
NEVER under ANY circumstances talk about your feelings.

And that is relevant, dammit.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed May 07, 2008 8:33 pm

There's a reason why the Guy Code is unwritten: because it'd soon get torched if it had been. ;p

Overall I think it's all silly. I mean, even despite my shyness, paranoia and who knows what else, I was able to find a medium where the only significant thing that got in the way of expressing myself was my will power to do so. And since I'm both willful and honest, there's not much in the way to stop me.

I mean, honestly. And I thought I was the irrational one. Cultures these days are picking up more nonsensical garbage every day, it seems.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Polls