14%
Hooking(jk)
14%
Decide for yourself, idiot!
24%

Total votes : 21

Where should I seek employment?

Postby Axel Akutare » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:25 am

I'm looking for a job sos I can pay for my hobbies. But even though it's work, I have the right to enjoy my work, so I refuse to work in two types of establishment(Restaurants and Gas Stations). This leaves me with only a few options, so I'll let you decide for me!
Axel Akutare
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Metroidvania » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:35 am

Hey, there's nothing wrong with gas stations! >_<

But in all honesty, don't go back to Gamestop, their "forced" pre-order system leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm not sure about Blockbuster, it would probably work, and Kmart is, while probably not the best, acceptable.

Out of the choices listed, I would say Toy's R' Us....but it really depends on what you like to do, and getting transferred to that "section", i.e., checkout, returns, stocking, etc....
Spammaster Rank A
Metroidvania
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Axel Akutare » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:39 am

The reason behind the Gas Station limit is the fact that they all get robbed around here, coincidentally, I forgot to list my local Movie Theaters, which also get robbed all the time.
Axel Akutare
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:31 am

Eh? K-mart's still alive somewhere? ;p

I'd say either Blockbuster or Toys 'R' Us. Video (game) rental places are an easy enough job to begin with, though.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby SweetSophia » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:23 am

I'm really of the decide for yourself opinion. We could tell you where to go and what to do until the cows come home, but ultimately, the power is YOURS! Like Captain Planet, but with more clothes.
The awakening of the mind gives way to a world of possibilities.
SweetSophia
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:09 am

I'll say Blockbuster simply because all the Toy's R' Us's I've been too were filled with jerks, Gamestops don't seem to hire anyone, and Kmarts are most likely similar to Wal-Marts and I really wouldn't suggest anyone work for those kinds of places.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Helel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:10 pm

In America, you decide where you work! :O

Personally, I'd try to apply to any place you're willing to work. That way, you don't have all your eggs in one basket and have some more options if you end up with multiple possibilities.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Feng » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:51 pm

I know what you mean by restaraunts. As a former buser at a burger joint there is probably nothing worse than dealing with idiotic customers and coworkers who leave huge messes without even tipping.

Anywho GameStop seems like a cool place to work.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Comartemis » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:23 pm

The K-Mart in my area is almost always hiring and from what I hear the pay is really good. Whether that's a nation-wide thing or not I'm not sure, but whatever you do, stay away from Wal-Mart!
Comartemis
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:50 pm

I, myself, work in a rental store, and I don't find it all that difficult. Not Blockbuster, but still. If not that, then Toys R Us. I don't know about Gamestop. Having not worked there, I don't know for sure.

Hmm... I say Toys R Us.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Tiffany Grimm » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Not Tpys 'R' us, they frisk you at the end of every day! For real! I'd go Blockbuster myself..
2nd in command of the Redblades Student of Raleigh! Headmistress of the Tiffany Grimm Academy!
Check out my Characters: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums ... 32&t=11667
Tiffany Grimm
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Axel Akutare » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:05 am

Uh... yeah... my neighborhood ain't too great... Out of all the possible working conditions around here, Gamestop is the only place that really follows the national branch codes. Toys'R'us workers get first dibs on limited Video Game supply, the K-Mart around here only has like 10 people on the staff which get rid of their overstock items by "Super Blue Light Specials", and the Blockbuster workers get first dibs on their complete video game stock, for god's sake they only have a French copy of Halo 2 left for rent.
Axel Akutare
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Raijin » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:35 am

Mraa you should put best buy on that list, I know I am going to try there....meeh...really wish just win a billion dollars.
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Axel Akutare » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:43 am

Best Buy is the worst one around here. They do nothing but hire criminals who steal and get fired for it, but never prosecute.
Axel Akutare
MSFer
MSFer

Re: Where should I seek employment?

Postby Anamnesis » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:36 pm

I'd recommend trying to start up a monthly mailer...Find someone who can print for you, then get the post office to distribute...For 25000 magazines, at less than 3 ounces a magazine(32 pages is less), you can get is printed and distributed for $9000...However, If you sell ads right, say, 8 to a page for $80 a piece, that's 640 a page, times 32, for 32 pages, is 20480...And you just made yourself $10k+ in one month. The good thing to do is to get people to sign up for more than one month...I'm doing this, myself, in Florida, and the logistics work very well. You just have to gamble...No guarantee it'll make money, but you don't have to send the magazine to the printer until you reach a profit...So...>_>
Anamnesis
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Next

Return to Polls