The Chronicle of The Corrupt Light and Sacred Darkness

Gah! It's a high-powered metamorphing green gelatinous blob! Or maybe it's something else. Who's your character? Post here!

The Chronicle of The Corrupt Light and Sacred Darkness

Postby HikariOblivion » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:57 pm

"Quick Glance" Profile:

Name: Hikari "The Dark Light" Oblivon
Race: "Demon" (actually known as a Godkiller, but demons tend to fit in better, so Hikari calls herself one)
"Class": Soulmistress
Eye Color: Red
Hair Color: Dark blue
Skin Color: Blue
Skills/Talents: Soul control, Some alchemy, use of Painkiller, Energy Manipulation
Weaknesses: energy weaknesses can be exploited, and she has naive tendencies
Noticable Features: Snake tail for legs, a tattoo-like red marking on her back, and her blue skin

Name: "Dark Puni"
Race: Shadow Demon
"Class": Ex-Contract Demon
Eye Color: Red
Hair Color: Black
Skin Color: Pale White
Skills/Talents: Shadow Manipulation, Ability to forge shadow contracts
Weaknesses: Angelic Light, Fully lit areas
Noticable Features: Often in skimpy clothes with a trenchcoat poorly covering them, long blood-red fingernails

Name: "Puni Puni" Sakura
Race: Zombie
"Class": Insane
Eye Color: Dead green
Hair Color: Pale Pink
Skin Color: Pale, almost green
Skills/Talents: Confusing people, immortality
Noticable Features: insane and zombie-ish

Deep backstory:

At the beginning of time, a goddess of creation died - her name: Hkai-Rei. Very little is known about this event, except for the chaos that this death would spread, and the one who would seek to be her successor. However, before all this, comes the story of the gods. Six of them, Three of white, three of black.

On the side of the purest white, Light and Law sat, led by the holiest of gods, Good. Whereas in the Black and Night, were Darkness, Chaos, and Evil, with no such semblance of leadership or companionship.

Evil hated the things the others would create. Especially those pathetic little beings. Humans, they called them? They were just pathetic and weak. Evil would show the others how pathetic. Soon, he set out to destroy them. This act would start a war among the gods, pitting creation against creation, but soon it would end. Darkness was getting tired of all this, and she saw only one way to end it. Soon, Darkness' spear pierced through Evil, dealing a fatal injury.

Unfortunately, even gods must follow laws. One of these is that of balance. Good died soon after, and the side of light no longer had a leader, the two came together, and soon paid more attention to the mortal plane. They began to construct the Jewel of Ascension for if they ever need a mortal hero.

Gods never truly die, however, and Evil had corrupted a mortal, one foolish enough to engage in the corrupt art of Fleshmancy. Soon, Enigatia rose, and took the jewel, corrupting it into the Stone of Broken Legends through hundreds of bloody sacrifices.

She soon became more and more evil, more and more something not human. Her skin blue, her eyes a bright green, her face an insane look of twisted malevolent evil. More and more sacrifices occured in her name, and more and more did her powers grow. A virgin soul only known as Sarah (her name has been lost by time) demanded retribution, crying out as she was burned at the stake for Enigatia's evil.

And so, the gods acted. A priest was given visions of Enigatia's horrific sacrifices, and soon acted, sealing her into a Sarah's diary with the help of a mysterious figure known only as Cedric - Like with Sarah, nothing more is known.

The diary was buried, and for the longest time, Enigatia's evil wasn't even a footnote in history books. But nothing lasts forever.

Indeed, Our story starts far after these events. The Light Machinist was being trained in the way of machinery. Little of his actual life is known anymore - Every machinist is dead, and Hikari knows little of this life, but it was cut short. An archaologist friend of The Machinist's found a mysterious book, and The Machinist gave it to The Light Machinist....

Slowly, The Light Machinist went insane as he read through the book, each line read transferring a part of Enigatia's soul into his brain. He needed to read more and more until he hit the end of the book. At that point, Enigatia was on the verge of returning, more intelligent and evil than she had ever been, and now with a new pet. The Next month was hell for Light.

Visions of red and blue, death, bloodshed, tortured souls, maiming, disembowelment, decapitation, mutilation... it was all here, and with every vision he felt more and more dead, soon he ran away from the workshop he had spent his entire life in. But the visions kept coming. He took refuge in a nearby city, and was in a school when it happened.

She returned, and was intent on killing him, and everything else in the city.

Zombies rose from the ground, and her special breed, "Children of Null", were brought to the location Light was in. Among the other children, he managed to make a stand, but she won. He was killed, tormented by final
visions as his soul was torn apart, never to be complete again...

At this point, the tormented screams from that city brought attention to the gods once again. Darkness decided to try and reassemble the soul, in the process adding parts of herself, of Enigatia, of various curses Enigatia placed on Light, and a few mysteriously appearing components. Darkness managed to do what Enigatia had so failed. She had reconstructed Hkai-Rei.. however, it was not only not perfect, but had Light Machinist's mind, or what was left of it. Mental decay slowly caused all memories of Light's life to fall from her memory. She was now known as Hikari Oblivion, or so the voice in her head told her. Darkness herself had various effects, becoming Darkness Oblivion.

Hikari attempted to fight Enigatia, but failed, and soon the gods began to seperate this area from the rest of reality, forever to be secluded from everything else. It was in this last minute Hikari managed a teleportation spell and made her way out. The plane Agony was then sealed away.

Hikari's teleportation was not perfect, however, and she found herself in a wide variety of places, only to end up going elsewhere in a mere day
. Soon she met and befriended a helpful mage known as Ramas who assisted her in completing the teleportation, and she found herself in a strange place...

This place, known as "Emesseff" to it's residents, appeared to be a gateway to many other planes. This place, indeed, would be most useful...

Soon, Hikari was befriending people, and found out about where Enigatia was... it was time to strike again

With some help from these friends she took down Enigatia, ripping the Stone of Broken Legends from her forehead and placing it on her own right hand. Somehow, it then was purified, into the Jewel of Ascension.

Slowly, she found others who would become her sisters: Alyta, Jayme, and Direka. And ended up adopting a daughter, Helel... And now knows, that the Enigatia she fought wasn't the real one, and is once again getting visions from her. Soon, the battle of souls and flesh shall resolve, and Hikari must stand victorious, or all creation itself will be risked - - - - -

I am aware that the presence of this seal grants Joseph Fanning ("Wraith-kun") the right to use my character and/or all original works for all current "MSF High" related projects current or future. In the event I am dissatisfied with the portrayal of my original character, I waive my right to pursue legal action or demand reparation.
Last edited by HikariOblivion on Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
c͋őͣ͑ͯ͗rr̓̎͌u̧ͬpt̔ ̽͗ͪ̇̒̏̌į̓́ͬ̐̏n̴ͭͩ̐̓feͯ̑͂ͩ͏s͛͆ͤ́̀̋t̆͌ ͣͦͭ̈́ͥc̨ͯo̷͒̿̏̓͌ņ̒̈́̌̄q̋͆̎ŭ͊̀ê͐͌͑͠ṙ͗ͪ̊ͫͤ ͜r͌̐́̑͌̿e͛ͧͮ̔̐͟pe͗͌͊̀̅ͧa̒ͫͫͤ̃̿̀̚t̋͋ͩ̓͜
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: After the end, before the beginning. The void that beckons.

Postby HikariOblivion » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:00 pm

The Missing

"Cedric"

In the 13th century, Cedric was a researcher of the darkest magic. Many of his writings on fleshmancy and use of Evil energy are still in use today - After around 28 years of findings, he went missing, his last known document being an encoded message inside his last diary entry, "Kill The Monster". Rumor has it that the 'Monster' refers to Enigatia, as popular rumor states he was struck down while helping Father Isaac seal her away.

"Sarah"

Shortly before Father Isaac was unwillingly recruited by the four gods, Sarah was burned at the stake. She was a victim of Enigatia's evil, and Them of Yellow was giving her visions and causing strange things to occur around her - one of her best friends, whose identity is not known, had her body almost completely obliterated by a flux in Them of Yellow. This action caused her to be watched closely, and soon she was burned at the stake for being a witch. Her terror as Father Frederick burned her is commonly thought of as what alerted the gods, though it is still not known.

"Janus"

Nothing is known about her. She is an enigmatic figure that often appears around where Enigatia strikes.
c͋őͣ͑ͯ͗rr̓̎͌u̧ͬpt̔ ̽͗ͪ̇̒̏̌į̓́ͬ̐̏n̴ͭͩ̐̓feͯ̑͂ͩ͏s͛͆ͤ́̀̋t̆͌ ͣͦͭ̈́ͥc̨ͯo̷͒̿̏̓͌ņ̒̈́̌̄q̋͆̎ŭ͊̀ê͐͌͑͠ṙ͗ͪ̊ͫͤ ͜r͌̐́̑͌̿e͛ͧͮ̔̐͟pe͗͌͊̀̅ͧa̒ͫͫͤ̃̿̀̚t̋͋ͩ̓͜
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby HikariOblivion » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:35 pm

Document
Cedric's Journal, Excerpt One: Starting a Jorunal (and the Soul Vehicle theory)

I am starting this journal as I have become aware today that it is imperative that my knowlege outlives me, should others have a cause like my own. The beast of white eats away at my body, but I must not give in. To do so would be to lose my own humanity.

Regardless, I must push on, and research further. My first entry in this journal will be regarding my finds as to the nature of the vessel we know as a soul.

I believe after my research that the soul is far smaller than many would believe - it's mostly made up of a strange form of energy that I have not been able to identify. There is a nucleus of sorts in the center, very small and round. I believe this is the soul itself, and the energy provides it with what it needs to continue functioning.

However, I am still working on learning more about the soul. It would of course, explain how creatures can gain energy from eating souls, as well as finding out exactly what this white beast has done to me.

Document
Them, scripture in the wall under the Black Monastery

They are many, and yet few. Eight of them there only are, yet at the same time thousands.

Black is the dececration and plague, granting immunity to it's deadly effects while desecrating the holy and spreading darkness.
White is the weak knowlege, granting immense intelligece while whittling
it's owner's health.

Red is the violent lust, giving immense strength and causing an addiction to blood.
Blue is the souls' bane, granting control of souls but causing the owner to need to consume them.

Green is the living death, giving immortality at the expense of other lives.
Yellow is the purest power, giving incredible powers but not control of them.

Purple is the regal hatrid, causing others to be drawn to the owner as their leader, but causing the person to slowly fall to self hate.
Brown is the fall of power, causing the victim to become good, but lose any semblance of strength they once had.

These eight must never leave this place. There is no stopping them if they do.
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

The Bug Bites

Postby Mr. Critick » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:19 pm

hmmmm. I going to dine... I mean review heavy on these fine characters presented here. Lets see here. I assume Hikari is your main as you and her share a name together. An a goddess..must control hand of death....sorry I have a thing about character saying they are a god or orginate from a god...that being said while it's an interesting orgin story that evolved, How does it effect your character now, How will it continue to effect your character and most importantly how do you not come off "I am god, you can't do anything to me for I am god" Please keep in mind that your versions of events might not hold true here.

Second why did Darkness care, usually in mytho darkness represent the hidden and things unseen. if anything Light and good would entervene to keep the balance as you seen to suggest there is a balance. If you read Dragonlance you can see that dispite the goddess of evil and Darkness attempts to take over the world, she was folded by the other gods as she was upsetting the balance. good themselves took a blow to uphold the blaance by dropping a meteor on a city was was doing too good of a job of destroying evil and began to forsake the gods.

That being said. You need to pull back to think what makes Hikari, Hikari and drop some elements that don't agree with the core concept. generally gods and demons are opposite so why count yourself as one now. Also how did this Enigatia get here, you said yourself that you character Hikari got here though a special teleport spell.

A last note before I sample.. review the others While Hikari and this Enigatia might be the most powerful character in your universe, tihs is somewhere totally different with it one rules, laws and idea about how powerful a person is. Especially with a foe that be ready to fight her mortal enermy. Only in hollywood movies and chessy animes will the villian be that dense to let the hero walk in and save the day.
Mr. Critick

the bug bites continues.

Postby Mr. Critick » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:31 pm

since Dark Puni and the zombie Puni Puni Sakura (related?) are simple characters I look them over in one go. You state one of Dark Puni abilites is to make a shadow contract but you list her as an Ex-Contract Demon, wouldn't she get into trouble for continuing making contracts and won't that void the contracts when it is discovered???

I can't really comment on Puni Puni Sakura (why does that anme sound familar) not knowing the character but some commen tips about Zombie characters. usually Zombies don't have as define of motor skill as humans, but that is usually base on how preserved they are. A perfectly perserve zombie would look human but stink of embombing fluid.
Mr. Critick

Re: The Bug Bites

Postby HikariOblivion » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:50 pm

Mr. Critick wrote: How does it effect your character now, How will it continue to effect your character and most importantly how do you not come off "I am god, you can't do anything to me for I am god" Please keep in mind that your versions of events might not hold true here.

if you mean the Hkai-Rei part, this part is no longer very relevant, i included it as it is part of the official history, but is not exactly 'point #1' in anything except timeline

as for how it effects things, very little.. Hikari has little to no clue as to what to call herself, and 'Goddess' isn't exactly high on the list

Mr. Critick wrote:Second why did Darkness care, usually in mytho darkness represent the hidden and things unseen. if anything Light and good would entervene to keep the balance as you seen to suggest there is a balance. If you read Dragonlance you can see that dispite the goddess of evil and Darkness attempts to take over the world, she was folded by the other gods as she was upsetting the balance. good themselves took a blow to uphold the blaance by dropping a meteor on a city was was doing too good of a job of destroying evil and began to forsake the gods.

Darkness, in this particular story/universe also happens to be the god/dess with the most initiative and desire to act.. Hikari was the 'vessel' of Enigatia, and Darkness wanted to keep her around because simply it was possibly a very advantagous thing to do

That being said. You need to pull back to think what makes Hikari, Hikari and drop some elements that don't agree with the core concept. generally gods and demons are opposite so why count yourself as one now. Also how did this Enigatia get here, you said yourself that you character Hikari got here though a special teleport spell.

first off, i don't see gods and demons as opposite, so it makes sense to me.. and she is technically not a demon, but is dark-aligned and has a demonic nature, so decided to go with what fit instead of worry with the specifics of being such a unique being

as for how Enigatia got here, she didn't, though through her link with Hikari her presence is here

While Hikari and this Enigatia might be the most powerful character in your universe, tihs is somewhere totally different with it one rules, laws and idea about how powerful a person is. Especially with a foe that be ready to fight her mortal enermy. Only in hollywood movies and chessy animes will the villian be that dense to let the hero walk in and save the day.

not entirely sure if this is a question, but Enigatia isn't dense.. she's more obsessed, the nature of which will probably be added at a later time

(related?)

PuniPuniSakura is from the past, Dark Puni is the present self.. PPS is listed more because her state is fun to play so i pull her out occasionally

You state one of Dark Puni abilites is to make a shadow contract but you list her as an Ex-Contract Demon, wouldn't she get into trouble for continuing making contracts and won't that void the contracts when it is discovered???

it takes some cunning and a lot of talent, but at the point Puni's at, yes she'd get in trouble if found out, but the contracts would be nigh-impossible to find to be voided

I can't really comment on Puni Puni Sakura (why does that anme sound familar) not knowing the character but some commen tips about Zombie characters. usually Zombies don't have as define of motor skill as humans, but that is usually base on how preserved they are. A perfectly perserve zombie would look human but stink of embombing fluid.

in Puni's case, both her death and her state are curse enduced, so no embalming was used.. she's mostly human except for her extreme paleness and an overall dead look to her features
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mr. Critick » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:10 am

Hikari Oblivion wrote:if you mean the Hkai-Rei part, this part is no longer very relevant, i included it as it is part of the official history, but is not exactly 'point #1' in anything except timeline

than how about a name change to seperate Hikari from Hkai-Rei. If it's only relevent for the purpose of story, than might I suggest a little reworking and to seperate your character from the goddess. As it stands It seem a little big of yourself to name a goddess after yourself.

first off, i don't see gods and demons as opposite, so it makes sense to me.. and she is technically not a demon, but is dark-aligned and has a demonic nature, so decided to go with what fit instead of worry with the specifics of being such a unique being

Generally well most evil gods would use demons for there bidding. Gods inherant nature is Order even if you have a god of choas. Gods were created to rationalize the world and allow humans and other creatures a since that things are orderly. Even a choatic natured god is ruled by his domain and is has guidelines he or she has to follow. Demons on the other hand are basic nature with choas and form from the Aether. If a demon could he overthrow the god that is trying to use him and plot to do so. But dispite their choatic nature demons are very cache set and usually go with like groups of likes with only seeing themselves or there cache as superior.

it takes some cunning and a lot of talent, but at the point Puni's at, yes she'd get in trouble if found out, but the contracts would be nigh-impossible to find to be voided

hmm, while there some interesting Rping there to be had. There are a bunch of red flags that go up becuase of the high-impossible to find part. The main thing that leaps to mind is the protential abuse and godmod aspect. Even if OOC consent is given to do that sort of RP. It does not give any excuse to walk all over them and put them at your mercy with a impossible to break contract. The person clearly needs to know that there an out at all times so they can do other things and get into other situations. Since Dark Puni is doing this illegal in demon standards than her contract shouldn't hold much binding power if a person wants to break from it. Also that should also limit what Puni can do for contracts as to high a profile change and that will alert those that watch for that.
Mr. Critick

Postby HikariOblivion » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:29 pm

Mr. Critick wrote:than how about a name change to seperate Hikari from Hkai-Rei. If it's only relevent for the purpose of story, than might I suggest a little reworking and to seperate your character from the goddess. As it stands It seem a little big of yourself to name a goddess after yourself.

the character was directly linked to the goddess' remaining energy, "Hkai-Rei Of Oblivion" was ringing through her head when she had no idea of what her name was, so she picked it up in an english tongue(Hikari Oblivion) and used it as a name

Generally well most evil gods would use demons for there bidding. Gods inherant nature is Order even if you have a god of choas. Gods were created to rationalize the world and allow humans and other creatures a since that things are orderly. Even a choatic natured god is ruled by his domain and is has guidelines he or she has to follow. Demons on the other hand are basic nature with choas and form from the Aether. If a demon could he overthrow the god that is trying to use him and plot to do so. But dispite their choatic nature demons are very cache set and usually go with like groups of likes with only seeing themselves or there cache as superior.

depends on universe, all i'm going to say

hmm, while there some interesting Rping there to be had. There are a bunch of red flags that go up becuase of the high-impossible to find part. The main thing that leaps to mind is the protential abuse and godmod aspect. Even if OOC consent is given to do that sort of RP. It does not give any excuse to walk all over them and put them at your mercy with a impossible to break contract. The person clearly needs to know that there an out at all times so they can do other things and get into other situations. Since Dark Puni is doing this illegal in demon standards than her contract shouldn't hold much binding power if a person wants to break from it. Also that should also limit what Puni can do for contracts as to high a profile change and that will alert those that watch for that.

if they accept it, they accept it, they can always ask OOCly later if they want it purged
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Return to MSF's Most Wanted