A High-Powered Metamorphing Green Gelatinous Blob and others

Gah! It's a high-powered metamorphing green gelatinous blob! Or maybe it's something else. Who's your character? Post here!

A High-Powered Metamorphing Green Gelatinous Blob and others

Postby Karmelo » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Partially for IRC, mostly for Zal. EDITED: Now with slightly more readable style (stolen from some loser) and slightly more information! Oh boy!

Name: Karmis (nicknames: Karm, Karmelo, Sir Psycho Sexy [one might be made up])
Height: Good question. I usually envision him as fairly towering, around 6'3, but most of my drawings have him at like 5'8. Stupid inconsistencies.
Weight: Better question. Sometimes he's ridiculously heavy in my mind (500+), but most of the time he's probably 200-250.
Description: Ugh. Imagine a translucent humanoid form made out of jelly. Okay, now hollow it out and fill it with bright green acid. Okay, now place a nucleus, the only living part, inside the head of it. The nucleus has two flagella (allowing movement and functioning as the two halves of a brain), and growths for producing acids and absorbing nutrients. Now, slap two red eyes on the head, a bathrobe on the body, and sandals on the feet. Let's compare notes. Here's mine on the left. Let's see yours. Oh. Oh dear. See me after class.

The acid: Is potent and delicious (that last bit hasn't been confirmed), but Karm is NOT acidic to touch. As I point out time and time again, if he were, he'd be eating through to the middle of the earth. The gelatinous outer layer keeps all his acid inside. Then how does he eat/absorb things? Let's say he has a hamburger on his hand. Move extra gelatin over hamburger, move gelatin out from under hamburger, hamburger is exposed to acid and digested. The wonders of nature.

The nucleus: Although not connected to anything, can feel changes to the outer layer (in general, things like (lack of) heat/pressure). The outer layer is fire resilient, and the acid is slow to boil, leaving fire a poor choice for killing but a fun pastime.

The eyes: Are 'sensory organs', working as eyes, ears, and a mouth for him (he has no equivalences to the senses of smell and taste). They're also robotic at this point. About the mouth: Yes, his voice is coming out of both eyes at once (most times). Also, his voice mimics voices he first heard for the word, and not knowing language isn't pitch reliant, he imitates different voices for different contexts/moods. But I'm too lazy to ever detail this, so eh, right?
Personality: Ugh. Any and all of Karm's personality is faked, as his species is incapable of emotion. He merely reacts to situations with what he believes the correct imitation of emotion is. This is especially apparent when there's nothing to in particular to react to, and his responses will vary: helpful, playful, woeful, or just about anything at random. He's trying, is the point. He does what he believes is good, but only because he's been told he should. It's kinda a moral quandary thing. I'm trying, is the point.
Background: I still really don't know what to note here. Corvus, wanna help me here? I thought not.
Abilities/Equipment:
Being a Zero of Water (a close equivalent is a water spirit for most systems), Karm gets to have a lot of fun with water magic that for the most part only powerful water-focused mages can do. This is convenient for him, because he can't really do much magic without a 'hey, it's almost free' workaround.

Regardless, Karm rarely uses this for offensive stuff, partially due to his limited magical ability. It is much more frequently used to throw himself like a rag doll at incredible speeds (this would probably not go well in a human form, there'd probably be 'some' internal bleeding), and also often used to alleviate juggling. That's right, he cheats at that. He's still pretty good, though.

Karm always travels light, not having much consistent equipment. It's not rare for him to have various small treasures or knifes, but those come and go as often as he ehs. The consistent things about him are his robe, his sandals, and that's about it.

The robe is a fairly standard bathrobe, with myriad pockets of various sizes on the inside. The belt is somewhat weighted (25+ pounds), because it's fun to hit people with it, let's be honest. And inside of his collar is a small acidproof knife no one knows about so he can off himself if he wants. Fun detail you guys would never know until it's too late. The sandals are even simpler, just being sandals with small boosters in them. He uses this when he's screwing around, especially to give booster to the face. I totally thought of it before Dr. McNinja, guys.
Last edited by Karmelo on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Re: A High-Powered Metamorphing Green Gelatinous Blob and others

Postby Karmelo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:56 pm

EDITED: With Corvus' better than Xia's layout.

Name: Daimiscius (Nicknames: Dai, that elf chick)
Height: Agh. I generally picture her somewhere in 5'6 to 5'10, but I draw her taller than Karm, I hate you
Weight: I don't know, she's an elf so she's slender, so I guess like 140 maybe? I'm not unreasonable, I know 160 is average
Description: She's an elf. Looks like this. Not much to note physically. Except she's crazy powerful I guess? Very powerful in terms of fields and energy magic. Fields I won't get into because who wants to bore you with my psuedoscience? I do, but I'm also lazy so maybe another day.
Personality: Probably the most normal of my characters, sadly. She's a lot like what Karm acts like he is, as they grew up together. She's fairly noble and caring, but she's also a bit cynical at times. Granted, even then, she always comes through for anyone depending on her, even if she doesn't like the idea. It's not rare for people (read: Corvus) to abuse this aspect of her, and more and more she tries to stay out of things that don't directly involve her as a result.
Background: She grew up in an elven village that was in a conflict with Karm's fae village (oh yeah, Karm was raised by fae, did I mention that?). However, she sensed Karm's Zero nature, and bonded with him. The two got the villages to not totally hate each other, and when she was of traveling age, she left with Karm to go explore the world. They had some fun for a while, then the other Zeroes found them. The group scared the two into joining them, though Karm eventually bailed via faking his death and Dai followed suit a while (like fifty years) later. There's a long while in there irrelevant to her or too long to type, then eventually they started traveling together and here we are.

As noted in her personality, she's often been a pawn in Corvus's plans, but I can't think of anything important to really note on an individual level. Maybe later.
Abilities/Equipment:
Time to bore you with my pseudoscience! So, fields. Ugh, fields. These are what separate normal humans from superhumans, as well as all sorts of other crap. Being the Zero of Energy, she can manipulate her fields. This means she can make herself more resilient as she strengthens it, make herself less noticeable by weakening it, or appearing like someone else energywise by changing it (although the only one she's learned is Helel, who is probably more sought after than her anyway).

With energy being as vague as it is, she's got an arsenal of deadly energy abilities on hand. She will on occasion fire bolts of energy if she is far away from her enemy, but most often she augments herself with varying strengths or using her touch to weaken an enemy's field. Also, she occasionally goes nuclear and just unleashes all her energy to incinerate the area/things around her, and then past out. With extra effort, she can cause things to become unstable and fall apart, often explosively because it's more awesome that way. She's pretty broken, but luckily she's not clever enough to explore her full potential.

She's got a metal bow that helps keep bolts together and is occasionally used in close-quarter combat to attack/defend, but most of the time she doesn't use it because she supposedly got rid of it. Other than that, nothing notable so far in.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Karmelo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Name: 'The Zero Hunter'
Height: He's supposed to be pretty imposing, so probably like 6'5. I might shrink him and let his personality do all the imposing at some point, but probably not
Weight: Uh. Well, probably about 200+ with the wings and whatnot? I don't know.
Description: Standard cubus like. I'm not going to be able to explain it, so here ya go. It's an old'un, and he's missing the standard cubus joint spikes which may or may not be part of the actual design, but it's a good'un. Also, he's like one of the most powerful characters in my universe, so you know.
Personality: Pretty stoic. He values the lives of all people, but despises the Zeroes, and is willing to sacrifice anything in his mad pursuit of his goal to wipe them all out. He's very strategic, and almost always weighs his options. He's pretty rational for the most part, although he gets pissed if a Zero talks down on him.
Background: Ugh. Growing up under an abusive father who was a Zero (or so the story goes), he eventually killed him and decided that all of the Zeroes are inhumane monsters. He spent countless years watching and wiping out Zeroes on several planets, destroying the planets in the process (one of THOSE villains). Eventually, he struck at Sote, Karm and Dai's home planet. He was capable of handling the Zeroes, but they managed to recruit the debatably most powerful mage in the universe, and sent him in the Void by accident. Everyone would assume this is where the story should end. It's not.

Some Villain of the Week (Ciriziel? I don't remember) was annoyed with Dai and Karm's interference, and decided to fetch someone to destroy them. Zero Hunter (along with Devix, but eh him) was recruited from the Void to destroy them. He really screwed the two over, but quickly came to realize this area is different than ones he's used to as he lost his legs to Beyond's portal abilities. Since that encounter, he has mostly hung out in the background, with the other agents after recovered communication with them. They might be up to something, who knows?
Abilities/Equipment:
Zero Hunter is a cunning and educated individual, making him a nightmare to battle. His knowledge of fighting styles and magics make him even more dangerous, not to mention his body is heavily augmented with ancient magics. The only real weakness he has is losing his cool when Zeroes act better than him, but neither Karm and Dai are in that vein of thought so they're generally screwed in one-on-ones with him.

His knowledge extends into the field of engineering and design, where he has created several concepts for effectively combating Zeroes. The most noticeable is the Anti-Zero Energy Tank (AZET). The AZET mimicks several abilities of an Energy Zero, being able to create a thick forcefield and fire powerful bursts of energy. It is also outfitted with several standard weapons. In general, they are driven by experienced drivers, although recent desperation has led to ones driven by AIs created by Weapon Goddess.

Zero Hunter does not carry any weapons, preferrably hand-to-hand combat. Recent events have required him to invest in a dimensional crusher made by Weapon Goddess, disabling teleportation or portals within a certain range of his person. Have fun with that.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Karmelo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Because I should probably have some consistent information on the Agents.
Name: Tiamat
Height: Oh, I don't know this one. Probably just under six foot? Definitely taller than Dai, definitely shorter than Zero Hunter. In humanoid form(s). In draconic form(s), she's probably like what, 120 feet head to tail?
Weight: Probably about 200 due to wings and whatnot in humanoid forms. Dragon form is, well, a lot.
Description: We'll go ahead and just give you the picture and save my awkward phrasing: here ya go. Ugh, that's an old'un (Also, pretty sure her hands and feet aren't also way humanoid). Anyway. In general, she's usually humanoid with some draconic features. Each form has distinct looks that are usually pretty obviously thematic, and I might detail a bit more down in the post. Each form also has a distinct draconic form, and she is capable of shifting into a draconic form that combines all the individual ones. In short, hax.
Personality: Dependent on form somewhat, but usually a fairly sympathetic and energetic figure. She's a martyr for the draconic causes, driven by her desire for vengeance, although this does not dominate her personality at all so I guess I shouldn't mention it here.
Background: Yay, backstory. So way back in the day, the gods were complete douches to the mortal races. Some of the servants of the gods had decided that the mortal races were actually cooler than the gods, and decided to protect them. Some clans of the elder races (including elves and dragons) decided to support them as well. Naturally, when the gods had enough of their tomfoolery, the end result was not happy. Tiamat watched many of those close to her were slaughtered while Bahamut, the god who had created the dragons (among others), refused to intervene and just ran away. So she's held a grudge against the dude for like ever.
Abilities/Equipment: Oh boy, more pseudoscience. I'll try to skip the boring parts. So pretty much she's got an item that allows her to absorb an infinite amount of energy if she creates an alternate body to host it. It's complicated to explain but it doesn't violate the laws of my universe so that's really all that matters?. Anyway, currently she's got five forms.

Water - Her base form, being raised underwater. This is supposed to be her most common form, but that's when she's not active, and she's usually active in these stories so it doesn't see a lot of use. Partially because the personality is very standard so not very fun to write. Balanced between magic and fighting skills.

Light/Shadow - Her first alternate form. She was unaware she had to keep creating alternate forms, so it's two forms in one that change randomly. Light is unsympathetic and unmotivated, Shadow is bubbling and energetic. It seemed creative like ten years ago when I first wrote it. Both are heavily focused on long-range.

Poison - Her most dominant form, heavily focused on close-range. Cocky and violent, clearly my favorite to write. Her touch in this form can have various forms of poisonous and corrosive effects, and she passively corrodes any nonorganic material around her. She is capable of directing this effect from a distance, but at a high cost.

Control - Her least dominant form, heavily focused on surveillance. Very meak and shy, and tries to avoid any direct conflict. Her abilities that pertain to combat are based largely around removing enhancements and disabling abilities (IE debuffing). Her abilities also tend to interfere with electronics, preventing her from hanging out with Weapon Goddess in this form.

Energy - Her least defined form, on so many levels. This form tends to be kinda plot glue for me. It's largely about redirecting energy (mostly magical) into various shapes. Think nuclear physics. Dr. Manhattan, I guess. This tends to be saved after battles where there's tons to manipulate, so it doesn't see much use. Being pure energy, this form is resilient to a lot of effects, but highly costly to be in per second so she prefers to stay out of it to save energy.

She's accumulated tons of energy over the years, and is probably one of the top ten most powerful characters in my storyverse, and definitely the most powerful I'll bring here. But she's another character that's too blind to see the full potential of her power, so that's something, I guess.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Karmelo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Name: Weapon Goddess
Height: Uh. Probably the shortest here, just above 5' I guess.
Weight: A lot, because she's mostly metal?
Description: Another old drawing instead of description! Wow, what the hell, perspective? Anyway! So yeah she's a metal lady.
Personality: Weapon Goddess is easily the most stable of the Agents, she's easily the most in lines with standard morals, and she's easily the most trusting. She tends to be the confidant for the other Agents, and she can get stern if the situation requires her to. In short, she's kinda a motherly figure.
Background: She was a rising inventor in nanotechnology, which her competitors did not care for, so they tried to kill her. However, she was able to keep herself alive via her inventions, and quickly got her revenge. As she rose in power, she invested her spare time and money in human(?)itarian efforts, and took a local girl as a surrogate daughter. However, she drew the attention from even larger enemies at this point, who tried to wipe out everything she was involved in. Eventually she was left dying as her surrogate daughter hunted down the people responsible, and then she was offered a second chance at life.
Abilities/Equipment: She's pretty much all nanites at this point so she can modify her arsenal pretty easily. Her knowledge of machinery and electronics is exceptional, of course (although her abilites in AI aren't impressive). She is also able to wirelessly control her nanites, allowing her to control the actions and abilities of machines that they can get their nanohands on. Not much more to write that I can think of.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Karmelo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Name: Fenrir
Height: Between five and six? I don't know.
Weight: He's muscular, so like somewhere over two hundred I guess.
Description: A largely doglike man with unkempt hair and clothes. If you want your outdated picture, I've never quite been able to capture his personality, so here's a chibi.
Personality: Violent and incapable of proper communication, but still rational. If he knows he won't win a fight, he'll retreat. That's really all that's important to him.
Background: Fenrir went through a rough childhood that broke him emotionally. He was given the chance to remove his emotions, which only left him with his innate hunger. Eh. There's a bit more, but it all involves characters that don't have involvement in these plots, so I'm leaving them out, because otherwise I'd do it with every other character this topic would be like six trillion words longer.
Abilities/Equipment: Fenrir is a fairly powerful but more importantly merciless. He's not really a danger to anyone's PCs, as best serving as an annoyance to most of them. But man, NPCs better watch out. Yeah, I guess that's it.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Return to MSF's Most Wanted