Ookalf's Characters (Updates Periodically)

Gah! It's a high-powered metamorphing green gelatinous blob! Or maybe it's something else. Who's your character? Post here!

Re: Ookalf's Characters (Updates Periodically)

Postby Tiffany Grimm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:07 pm

I love them! Very well thought out, and very detailed. I like the backstories and personalities. The cute pics help too. Very good job, can't wait for more!
2nd in command of the Redblades Student of Raleigh! Headmistress of the Tiffany Grimm Academy!
Check out my Characters: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums ... 32&t=11667
Tiffany Grimm
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ookalf » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Well, I can't really take credits for finding any of pics but Yoko's, but thanks for the comments!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:54 pm

I've added a new character, someone I've been hoping to introduce for a while now. I'm a little... iffy, on the way I wrote the bio, but hopefully it gets the info across okay.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Ookalf

Postby AshK » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Ookalf wrote:Name: Ryan Steinbeck/Kamen Rider Bioj

Font: This.

Sex: Male

Usual Clothes: Long-sleeved blue t-shirt with the ltters "HMD" wirtten on the front in white, and jeans.

Physical Appearance: Ryan has green eyes and long-ish brown hair with a few flecks of grey, tied back into a ponytail. As Bioj, he physically resembles an anthropromorphic lion-like creature.

Biography: The son of an average American couple, Ryan's family was forced to moved to Japan early in his life due to his father's work.

Ryan's early life was fairly normal, until one day, shortly after entering college, he was approached by a strange man who claimed to represent an ideological organization known as Geka. He told Ryan that the organization was dedicated to using a combination of magic and highly advanced science to figuratively "conquer the world", and make human society a much better place for all. Ryan, ever the eager young geek, offered to join immediately.

However, Ryan eventually came to regret his decision. He began to saeethat Geka was not the peaceful organization he had been lead to believe it was, and that they were willing to use any means necessary to accomplish their goals. He hid these doubts from all but one individual, one of the Geka projects he had been made to oversee, a wolf magically and scientifically modified to serve as a weapon in their conquest.

During his frequent talks with the wolf, he told her not only of his doubts, but of himself. His life, his dreams, his heroes... Everything. They eventually came to be close friends. One, day Ryan decided. "We have to get out of this."

In a highly complicated plan whose details are irrelevant to this story, Ryan freed several of Geka's experimental soldiers, including the wolf who had inspired him. Though he was never discovered to be the one behind the breakout, Ryan soon left the organization. He spent the next several years traveling the world, hoping to leave his past behind him.

One day, almost twenty years after Ryan left Geka, a distraught young man with no clothes appeared in his living room alongside a wolf's corpse. After Ryan calmed the man down and forced some clothes on him, he was treated to the man's strange tale. He claimed to have been raised by the wolf whose remnants he still carried, and that the wolf had only that morning been slaughtered by a pack of demons. Only then did Ryan recognize the body: it was the wolf he had freed all those years ago.

It was then that the man revealed the wolf's last request: that her remains be made into a belt. Confused, but eager to fulfill his old friend's dying wish, Ryan took the corpse and went to work. He toiled for hours, until at last, the Wolf Belt was complete. He brought it to the man, who then, not knowing what exactly he was doing took the belt and put it on. He then uttered that immortal word, the battle cry of those masked warriors, the Kamen Riders.

"Henshin."

The man was bathed by a mysterious light. When it cleared, the man was revealed to be clothed in a strange suit of armor. It was then that Ryan understood.

This man had been chosen by fate to combat the evils of Geka, which, as the pair would soon discover, was finally prepared to begin their conquest. Ryan dubbed the man, "Kamen Rider Ookalf."

Many weeks passed, during which Ookalf, with some guidance from Ryan, learned the ways of humanity and began his role as a hero. But one day, Ryan was captured by Geka.

They conducted cruel experiments on his body and mind, turning him into their newest and greatest soldier: Kamen Rider Bioj. While under Geka's influence, Ryan and Ookalf had many battles. Eventually, Ookalf uncovered a way to free Ryan from Geka's control, and the two were once again united as friends.

Several months went by, and eventually, the two discovered the location of Geka's new HQ.

They stormed the headquarters, slew Geka's demon soldiers, and defeated their leader. However, once the Geka leader was defeated, the base started to collapse. Although Ryan was able to escape, Ookalf was trapped inside.

When Ryan later came back to the ruins of the building to investigate, he came across the dimensional portal device Geka had used to summon their demons. When he found no sign of Ookalf's corpse, Ryan decided Ookalf must have escaped through a portal. He has spent the last several months trying to discover the workings of the machine, and use it to track down Ookalf.

His work is almost finished...

Personality: Ryan's kind of a big geek. Name a TV show or videogame, and he probably knows quite a bit about it. He's also something of a pervert, though he tries not to be open about it.

Equipment:

*Biobrace: A mechanical wristband worn on Ryan's right arm. When Ryan inserts a vial of "Biojuice" into a panel on its underside he is injected with the contents, initiating his transformation into Kamen Rider Bioj. When this is done, a voice from the brace announces "Bio In!". To transform back into his human form, Ryan uses another vial, this one filled with a substance he calls "Human Essence". This ellicits a cry of "Hum In!" from the Biobrace.

*Machine Bioter: Ryan's motorcycle. Top speed is 532km/h

Combat Techniques: To be filled out later.

The Bio looks great to me! Good work!
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Ookalf » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks. And I've added some info to Circe, Yoko, and Ryan's bios. *waits for people to question Circe's other name*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 am

"Vij"? I think I'm missing something.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Right on cue.

My thought process went something like this: Circe = Sir See. See = Sight. Sight =Vision. Vision = Vij.

...I never it made sense.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 am

...Well, it works. I guess.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:47 pm

If it makes you feel better, the name probably won't see much use.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoei » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Odysseus, Kotzchei if you want to go with symbolism
"Please continue stating the perfectly Obvious, it fills me with so much Confidence"-"John" Cavil, Battlestar Galatica
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:45 pm

You're gonna have to explain the second one.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoei » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:37 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei

Or to summarize, he's a mythic Slavic Sorcerer who steals young women
"Please continue stating the perfectly Obvious, it fills me with so much Confidence"-"John" Cavil, Battlestar Galatica
Zoei
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:20 pm

Much better name. I'll just go edit the post...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AshK » Fri May 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Maybe you should add Madea to your characters. Unless she is just a transformed version of Circe. Still you should add details for any other forms your characters take on. However, that is upto you.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Ookalf » Fri May 01, 2009 4:00 pm

I was planning to put some stuff on Medea up eventually, considering she's a semi-permanent. However, I doubt I'll be diong anything on minor variations.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to MSF's Most Wanted