Helel, Angel of Light and Heiress of Hellfire

Gah! It's a high-powered metamorphing green gelatinous blob! Or maybe it's something else. Who's your character? Post here!

Helel, Angel of Light and Heiress of Hellfire

Postby Helel » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:19 pm

Note: This first post is just an overview for people to have an idea of what Helel is like. The following posts go into significantly more detail.

Table of Contents (Use ctrl+f to search for these topics in the following posts)
First Post: Introduction
Second Post: Update on the Things to Come, along with a Checklist for Myself
Third Post: Overview of Helel's Raw Attributes and Abilities
Fourth Post: Interaction Analysis
Fifth Post: Helel's Personal Refuge and Planet: Elysium
Sixth Post: The Legacy of Slide: Hellfire

Introduction

Helel, Angel of Light and Heiress of Hellfire, Spiritual Twin of the Angel Aeris

Opening File on Known Angelic Being:
Classification: Concentrated Spiritual Manifestation in Corporal State
Codenamed: "Angel of Light", Heiress of Hellfire
Alias: Helel, Formerly known as Lukiferos Helel Omega

Visual Analysis
Height: 1.9 meters (6 feet, 2 inches)
Wingspan: 7.4 meters (24 feet)
Mass: She's probably heavy for a woman, given she's practically all lean muscle, solid bone, etc.
Build: Lean and Athletic, though Shapely regardless.
Hair Color: Silver
Hair Length: Long (To about her hips)
Eye Color: Bright Red
Complexion: Light Tan
Wing Color: Grey (denotes her status as a 'dirty' angel, but not an actual fallen angel)
Creation Date: Late 2006 (conceptually), Early 2007 (introduction)
Physical Age: 20ish
True Age: Three years (Details in 'Angelic Souls')

Angelic Souls: Helel gained Individuality from Lukiferos Helel, making her the 'child' of Lukiferos Helel, but is otherwise her own free entity in all ways, in addition to her own soul structure. She has been confirmed to have all seven of the primary angelic souls, but unlike normal angels of her race, the Hellfire within and a part of her means she is actually composed of many, many more souls. Current estimates (based off of Slide's efforts) numbers in the thousands, but given her recent activities collecting souls... this number has likely inflated significantly. Though originally the Hellfire was only one with Helel's 2nd soul, the 'omega soul' as it's called, it appears to have fully bonded to all of her souls, giving Helel greater control and interaction with Hellfire.

Purpose: To find a means to any task or situation, regardless of the end. (It can be considered that Helel's purpose is to not have a purpose, which embodies her fierce sense of free will and individuality, while attempting the perceivable 'impossible'.)

Dress: Helel isn't one to flaunt her body, and so often wears layered clothing when she's not out exploring or in combat. She does how ever like to wear colorful clothing, and rarely wears the same color of clothing two days in a row. Frequently in the warmer parts of the year, she wears pants and various t-shirts and tops, while in the winter months, she wears long coats, jackets, and sometimes cloaks. She's lately began to expand her collection of clothing, and occasionally wears skirts and blouses when she's not too active or just meeting with people. When she's out exploring various ruins, she is known to be dressed in an armored, light gray catsuit with reinforced chest plates and shoulder, forearm, and shin guards. The armored portions are easily noticeable due to thickness and darker gray color. Finally, Helel is well known for her magitech powered armor, which provides considerable protection against physical or supernatural blows, in addition to enhancing her other abilities with built in enchantments. Further details are listed in her panoply.

Demeanor: Helel is well known for her willful, aggressive attitude. It appears these tendencies may have to do with her various mental vulnerabilities, mainly surrounding her infamous family (the Lukiferos, the family of angels from the first Helel, better known as Lucifer or Dis) and her lack of knowledge about her fellow angels, due to her isolation from them, aside from Aeris, Xia, and Slide predominantly. Despite her vulnerabilities, she is often straightforward and direct to the point with others. Though she has an intuitive understanding of manners, she doesn't understand most social norms, at least not by a human's perspective. Helel is extremely focused, and is bent towards finding a means to any goal, and will go to great lengths to help what friends she has. When it comes to the 'unknown', Helel has a nearly unlimited curiosity, and can come across as ignorant or rude as she attempts to learn as much as she can, but this is balanced by her quick and intelligent mind.

Physical Makeup: Helel's composition was similar to Lukiferos Helel when she first began to appear, meaning she lacked mass and was made of entirely solidified light. With time, Helel (while she was still the Omega soul of Lukiferos Helel) has developed a stable, corporal body that has undergone various horrendous injuries over time, but it always seems to heal flawlessly. The majority of Helel's flesh and bone resembles that of a human's (a evolutionarily superior one at that) and is extremely resilient and powerful in comparison to a normal human. Her circulatory system follows the essence flows of Helel's soula, meaning her blood could be a potent supernatural ingredient, if collected. However, it should be noted that said blood is fiercely holy aligned, and is highly dangerous to creatures of "darkness." Hellfire makes up a portion of her physical makeup, but is generally unnoticeable as it only appears in very minute amounts ever since Helel gained control over it. However, when it manifests, it takes the form of a black flame that is incredibly corrosive, even to Helel's own body. How it doesn't consume her isn't fully understood, but it is believed that her fierce willpower and spiritual power helps contain the corrosive nature of Hellfire.

Panoply: Helel's most well known items are her daiklave, and her powered armor. The daiklave, an orichalcum alloy with starmetal set into the blade, deals tremendous supernatural damage, often burning through common metal alloys, and the superheated blade cleaving through most mundane objects with little effort. Cuts upon her targets feel as though the strands of time slow for them when struck, before their wounds shock them back into reality. Her powered armor, on the other hand, has enchantments built in to increase her healing abilities, allowing her to fight longer, or to even shrug off minor wounds. The other discerned enchantment include shockwave emitters, which will send a sphere of pure spiritual energy outwards from Helel, often clearing lesser foes from her in great numbers. A recent addition to Helel's panoply includes an essence visor, which allows her to track energies and discern different energies with ease. This supplements her natural sensory charms at the cost of only a minute commitment of energy to power it. Furthermore, Helel has acquired an amulet which she has placed a supernatural gemstone into, which allows her to increase the amount of essence she regains by a significant amount (not a big deal when in combat, but it allows for significant essence regeneration beyond her natural respiration when at rest and such). Beyond these main artifacts, the angel is known for her assortment of clothing and several devices to assist ruin-diving and reconnaissance.

Combat Analysis: Helel has been noted to be an extremely potent warrior since her training with the angel Slide, giving her focus and drive rare in most even trained warriors. She fights ferociously with a mix of charm enhanced swordsmanship, and sorcerous spells at long range, easily tearing through mortals in large numbers, making her a threat to many supernaturals. Her various combat charms have been noted to increase her accuracy and precision of attacks, allow her to attack more frequently, increase her raw killing power by enhancing her raw strength significantly, and even commit a store of her energies to improve her overall fighting ability for the entirety of a battle. She appears to lack most forms of defensive augmenting charms, relying on her trained skill and angelic charms to cover this shortcoming. Her spells are generally light or holy aligned, searing away darkness of any variety. Her well known spells include "Seraphim's Glare" which releases a burst of holy energy under a land based target, and "Forblaze, the Holy Flame" which is able to totally incinerate anything caught in it's large destructive radius. Helel is also known for her "feather magic", a branch of her angelic charms, which is often used in conjunction with her typical melee and thrown attacks, creating shields of feathers, or releasing explosive feathers with blade like properties until their momentum is halted, setting them off. She is also adept at some supernatural martial arts forms, but hasn't mastered any of them. Forms include a sword based, quick draw form, a fire based, elemental form that permits the use of her armor and paired weapons, and a bare handed, yet quick and vicious offensive martial arts style.
In addition to her original techniques, Helel has been shown to exhibit a range of specialized techniques by utilizing Hellfire to burn anything away into nothing. These techniques are usually easy to spot, given they involve a swath of black flames being flung at her opponent- often burning everything in their path into nothing. Furthermore, due to the tenacious, consuming nature of Hellfire, Helel has also been shown to use more subtle sparks of Hellfire to catch opponents unaware that over time may consume the opponent completely if given the chance. Recently, Helel's mastery over Hellfire has risen to the point where she can combine it with her original essence techniques for devastating effect. This arises from the interaction from her angelic essence and Hellfire, which results in a matter anti-matter like interaction which causes the two to annihilate one another and release immense amounts of energy. This of course means an immense amount of focus is required to balance out her natural essence with the Hellfire, so this means she may not be as quick to react when using such powerful attacks. Despite this, she can easily resort to using one or the other reflexively should she find herself in a tight spot.

Backstory: Originally discovered as the pugnacious Omega soul of the angel Lukiferos Helel, Helel spent her early days in nearly constant conflict with beings such as Shadow, Reyn, Tyr, and others. With time and practice, Helel would come to calm her nerves, especially with the death of her 'brother' Lukiferos Helel Beta. For several months, she would fight others, explore the area, and investigate the death of Beta, until her actions caught the attention of Mayako, the daughter of Slide. Around this time, Helel had become close to Shade, Tyr, and Zeiss, but was still quite emotionally unstable and uncertain of her ability to choose when Slide took her in as a student, disappearing for some time. Eventually, she would rejoin her friends and companions after her training with Slide, which remains unknown to any except Slide, his family, and Helel herself. Following her training, her violent tendencies and instabilities seemed to have calmed and she began to exhibit a wider variety of human-like emotions.
Making new friends, including the human David, and meeting her 'sister' Aeris, she set about gaining entry into Yu-Shan for David, as a favor, but would first have to seek several geomantic stones, called hearthstones, to power a device called a "Calibration Key" in order to call the roving heavenly gate, known as the Calibration Gate, to enter Yu-Shan. During her adventures, she would encounter the dark angel, Nokel, and would suffer vicious mental attacks, often resulting in severe trauma for the angel, but would prove to be a means for Helel to bond with the embodiment of war known as Tyr. With help from Reyn and Corvus, most of her mental damage suffered from Nokel would be healed, allowing her to continue with her quest to find a means into Yu-Shan, which would eventually be accomplished successfully.
It is upon entering Yu-Shan with Tyr, shrouded in spiritual disguises, that Helel's nature would change completely. She came face to face with a figure of even greater terror than Nokel, the former archangel Gabriel. Though terrified, Helel revealed her desire to cleanse her scarred soul and to become a normal angel again. Gabriel then tasked her with dueling her friend Tyr with the overt purpose to test her. During their duel, Gabriel's ulterior motive was revealed as new energies surged through Helel as she achieved Individuality- seperation from Lukiferos Helel as an Omega soul, and the formation of a new Omega soul as her initial soul became an Alpha soul.

Later character history will be compiled and discussed in later entries.

OCC Inspirations for Helel: Exalted, Metroid, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, Evangelion, Fire Emblem, Tales of Symphonia, Claymore, Angel Sanctuary, Bleach, Kung-fu Hustle, Sword of Truth series, and X, due to his involvement with his character interactions with Helel for years now. Okay seriously, there's a lot of inspiration for Helel.

OOC Backstory: The concept of Lukiferos Helel Omega, as well as other alternate souls to angels in my mythos originally came to be after reading a bit too much about the Primordials in Exalted with their many, many component souls due to the vastness of their being. This, along with some brainstorming about how the original Helel that I RPed as, came to be, in addition to how I could reasonably come up with a way for angels of higher classes to not only be immensely powerful, but just as difficult to slay permanently. Hence, the idea of the multiple souls came to play. However, I ended up making a cap so that having multiple souls wouldn't devolve into just trying to get more souls. Regardless, once I had conceived an explanation about the multiple souls in angels, along with how to kill them, how multiple souls could be used, how angels could 'birth' new angels (something that is quite important in regards to Helel's overall story), I started with the concept of playing two of these souls: Beta and Omega, since the original (now called Lukiferos Helel Alpha) was sealed up in heaven in the 'fate' of a human girl (see Sora).
I originally didn't like Omega (Helel), cause frankly, she was a frigid bitch that would get POed at the drop of a hat due to her minimal social skills, which often resulted in her being defeated handily much to her further ire. Along the way, however, Beta was killed (and by killed, I meant forever, he's not coming back, ever) in some RPing to advance my plot further, resulting on further issues being laid upon Omega. Eventually, Helel as a character caught X's attention and we worked out a way for her to become Slide's protege of a sorts, which would refine her character immensely, and in the end made her far more entertaining to RP. Since then, her non-serious misadventures have continued to play on her still lacking social skills, while the serious adventures focus on her improving character due to her interactions and 'real life' experiences.
The most recent development of the character has resulted in Helel becoming a separate angel from 'Lukiferos Helel' which I will now refer to the original Helel I RPed as. This development, which I had been working towards for a while, resulted from Helel 'Omega' being separated from the other souls of Lukiferos Helel, and developing her own personality that didn't just fall into a soul archetype like the others. This, associated with free will that had been budding since her training with Slide, resulted in her 'birth' as a new angel. This is a little contorted, but I'm hoping to clarify things in the future as to make the confusing identities of Helel clearer.
Last Updated: August 15, 2010 - Updated a significant amount of data, especially combat related. Working on updating other stuff in other posts as well.
Last edited by Helel on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:46 am, edited 15 times in total.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

The upcoming update for Helel's character info.

Postby Helel » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:13 pm

A quick note, anything after this post goes into infinitely more detail about Helel than the initial post. You have been notedededed.

What's next for Helel!
A summary of what I'm working on for Helel.

An overview of Helel's raw attributes and abilities and such compared to humans. (DONE!)

A summary of the various charms she has at her disposal, with the ones she's used before and those she has yet to used. Ranging from non-specific charms that others could be taught by her, to her more specialized charms, which she has inherited from her previous 'incarnations', Lukiferos Helel and even Adam.

Finally, I'll give a brief explanation on the effects of Helel's 'second' soul on her abilities, which will also help explain how multiple souls are responsible for the power of angels in my mythos. I'll also go into detail about what Helel's physical body actually are, since from how Helel has developed, her physical species is not actually an 'angel' but rather a human based species, since she resembles a human.

Most of this is for my own benefit, since I'm trying to impose limits on what Helel can and cannot do, but also for others who may be curious about the powers and abilities of Helel and other angels from my mythos such as Helel's 'sister' Aeris, and even the terrifying Nokel.
Last edited by Helel on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Helel » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:06 pm

A quick note, anything in this post goes into infinitely more detail about Helel than the initial post, so you are in the wrong post if you just want a summary! You have been notedededed!

Overview of Helel's Raw Attributes and Abilities

A few notes before I continue

A few notes before I continue wrote:
First, Helel is still limited, for her raw attributes and abilities by her level of spiritual power and essence. As such, she is still restrained by basically human limits, but it should be noted that although she has human limitations, her actual supernatural abilities are what makes her far more powerful and that unlike most humans, she as achieved several 'peaks' of human ability that most humans could only say they've achieved in one. Regardless, the following is a gauge of Helel without using her energies to boost her abilities, so please bear this in mind as you read on.

Furthermore, for the attributes, I've tried to compare Helel's natural capabilities in comparison to humans and what they can do as a reference to what I think she can do. As for abilities, I've grouped her abilities (based off of Exalted, mechanically, really. Though I don't exactly explicitly state them, for some.) based off her relative skill levels: Lacking and Underdeveloped being things she either has no training in, or very little, Average being the things that could be 'normal' for a human to know, but don't necessarily have to be trained in, Above Average and Exceptional which of course hints that Helel is better than the overall curve in a given field or she is particularly adept in a field, and finally, Human Mastery where she has achieved training that a human could spend a lifetime achieving.

One last note, though this information is available for many to see, chances are, Helel has rarely shown the extent of her abilities to anyone (especially recently, in Muffinville), so take what's here with a grain of salt, as other characters' knowledge about Helel abilities is still limited by what they see.

Attributes
Physical: Originally being an Omega Soul to Lukiferos Helel, Helel was always martially inclined. As a result, the angel's raw strength and dexterity are the pinnacle of what a human could possibly hope to achieve, now matter what manner of mundane training one may undergo. Thus, Helel has as much strength as the greatest weight-lifters, yet the dexterity of an olympic gymnist.

Helel's stamina is almost as impressive as her strength and dexterity, and could compete against many long distance runners and win with relative ease- but there are some at the top who could out last her. Otherwise, she is also quite resilient to damage, but has not yet reached the peak of what a human could gain, stamina wise. As a result, Helel is physically almost perfect in comparison to humans, with few (very, very few, at that) humans boasting the raw physical prowess that the angel possesses naturally.

Social: Due to Helel's lack of experience with dealing with people, the angel's natural charisma is much of what she relies on, allowing her to make friends and allies as easily as she would making an enemy. (Something which I believe she has shown many, many times in the muffin room and IRC.) While Helel's honesty is generally above average given her natural charisma, Helel is very, very poor when it comes to being manipulative and is below average at any form of deceit.

Helel's one trump card (if it can be called such) is her appearance, which borders on supernaturally beautiful. Even when wounded, Helel is able to bear wounds with a practically noble demeanor. Despite Helel's appearance, she isn't always comfortable with flaunting it, and generally wears layered and non-revealing clothing, so her overall beauty and its effect in social confrontations is diminish by her nervousness and tendency to wear non-revealing clothing.

Update (11/10/08): With her increasing interactions with people, Helel has come to understand the less intuitive ways of dealing with people- which includes lying and other forms of deceit. This may have to do with the various dealing with spirits that she had never had the chance to interact with, and certainly due to her coming to understand the necessity misdirecting others and veiling her intentions.

Mental: As an angel, Helel has basically perfect senses compared to any human. Her perception being at a peak, Helel is able to detect subtleties or faint cues that most trained eyes would miss, even being more observant than classical detectives such as Sherlock Holmes. Regardless, noticing something doesn't mean Helel will always act upon it immediately, as she is rather quick thinking and will mentally store away information should it become useful later.

Living on the razor's edge of combat, Helel is able to formulate plans and tactics on the fly, with above average instincts that Helel is seeking to improve and one day perfect. Helel's overall intelligence is fairly impressive, despite her irrational tendencies, allowing her to learn and process new information rather quickly. Her intelligence is fueled by her curiosity, which may be of no surprise, though she happens to have little actual knowledge of mundane things. If she were given the initiative, she could easily improve her overall intelligence to the genius level- that seems unlikely for now.

Update (11/10/08): Helel's level of intelligence has certainly appeared to improve, given the magitech wonders she has been able to construct and experiment with ever since Tyr gave her Elysium as her new home. The best example is her advanced powered armor, which boasts many advanced systems though it requires a considerable amount of resources to keep operational. Her overall knowledge also has helped her to solve many mysteries about the occult and other matters, and to also formulate various... well, plans to advance her agenda: whatever it may be at any given time.

Abilities
Lacking and Underdeveloped Abilities: Helel is unskilled with most projectile weapons, such as guns and bows and most things in between, but this does not include thrown, ranged weapons, only weapons that are 'fired'; Helel has no experience with fighting in large numbers or directing large numbers of soldiers since she has always preferred fighting on her own; she has no experience with performing, whether for theater or plain acting and lying; since Helel requires little sustenance and is rarely in the wilderness for long periods of time, she is unskilled with finding food or shelter in the wild.

Helel has never attempted to steal anything and remained unnoticed in doing so, as she often resorts to force, so she has no skill in any form of larceny or lock picking and the like; Helel has no administrative experience to speak of, and will also generally just accept prices for goods that are offered, at times overpaying things greatly if she actually does barter with anyone; Helel is bad with animals and has never driven a vehicle of any sort in her life, and as such has no skill with either, in addition to sailing; finally, Helel is terrible with talking before large groups of people, and as such, is not good at socializing.

Average Abilities: None (Helel is quite the specialist, so what she's good at, she's GOOD at. If anything were to ever enter this category, it'd be from practicing her underdeveloped and lacking abilities.)

Above Average and Exceptional Abilities: Helel has an amazing amount of practice with thrown weapons, especially when it comes to her wings throwing her feathers like knives. However, she is proficient with speared thrown weapons in addition to all variety of throwing knives. Having suffered various mental attacks in her short life, Helel has trained her mental integrity to specifically resist such attacks, with the benefit of making it easier for her to ignore belittling remarks and social attacks, but continues to improve her integrity even more, as she knows she still isn't ready to face terrors like Nokel.

As a big scary angel, Helel commands a formidable force of presence that could either bend commoners to her will, or inspire friends and allies to press onwards against trials and battle fatigue. Helel has taught herself a limited amount of how to craft various objects, mainly metalwork, jewelry, and certain chemicals. With her combined training in these fields, she has above average expertise in magitech forging, and has indeed fielded several artifacts she has either made, or had assistance with creating, namely her daiklave, Lumoth.

Helel's curiosity is her most obvious sign of her investigative abilities, allowing her to drill question after question without end to gather information. This is also handy for when she is searching for specific details in her surroundings or when exploring in a place of interest. Though there have not been many cases before, Helel is adept at medicine and healing, capable of actually surgically treating wounds with a great deal of precision.

When Helel doesn't want to be found or noticed, she has the training to do so, utilizing a skill in stealth that puts her on par with some special or covert operations agents. Lastly, Helel is adept at languages, and has known several since her Individuality. She hasn't gone on to learn any others, for now, but knows four separate languages fluently: Heavenly Angelic, Basic (English), Fae, and Infernal. Helel knows bits and pieces of other languages, but is hardly passable with any of these.

Human Mastery: Helel has immense experience and training with hand to hand combat, both armed and unarmed. As a result, Helel is practically unbeatable by practically any form of human martial artist or warrior, easily capable of laying them low with little effort or no contest. Furthermore, she is just as capable at teaching her 'mastery' to others, as she has demonstrated by agreeing to teach David and Sophia. Having fought so much, Helel also has incredible resistance to wounds and various poisons (including alcohol), allowing her to last longer in combat and in some cases, to completely absorb all damage without any form of apparent injury.

As an angel, Helel has considerable knowledge about occult and various sources of lore that few would know of, the result of which, makes her an expert of the supernatural, with knowledge on how to deal with many supernatural threats: with violence or not. Furthermore, being observant of ones surroundings allows one to act sooner, and as such, Helel's ambient awareness makes it difficult to launch a surprise attack on her, or to take action without her noticing. It generally isn't advisable to steal anything from her, as she would surely put her martial prowess into action against those that would try to act underhandedly against her.

Helel's final area of expertise takes the form of her acrobatics (it must be in the family, given her sister Aeris), which allows her to accomplish considerable athletic feats and avoiding danger. Through her training, she is able to avoid most physical attacks made on her with relative ease and minimal movement to permit retaliatory action. Also, due to her overall athletic capabilities, Helel has a dead weight lift of about 1200 pounds on her own without magical enhancement, and can leap a considerable distance without aid.

Wrap Up Note:
Anything in this post that conflicts with a previous posts about Helel overrides the previous post. Also, refer to the previous post to see what else I'm working on.
Last edited by Helel on Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Helel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:23 am

A quick note, anything in this post goes into infinitely more detail about Helel than the initial post, so you are in the wrong post if you just want a summary! You have been notedededed!

Interaction Analysis

As it's taking a hellaciously long time to compile all of Helel's supernatural abilities, in the interim, I figure I'll cover something else which I had been considering to bring up. Which happens to be mainly how Helel deals with engagements, loosely based off of the previous entry which outlined Helel's raw attributes and abilities. What I mean by this, is by dividing engagements (being used very loosely here) into three main categories: Physical, Social, and Mental.

It should be noted that the following is not necessarily widely known information, so please don't use this as a way to find a trump card to deal with Helel. This isn't meant for that. Rather, it's a reference for myself and anyone playing characters/avatars that interact with Helel so that OOCly we can know what I'm up to if something seems 'off' (And I admit there is a great deal that's off about Helel, that's for sure. There are reasons, which I hope to outline for people that don't know about them yet.)

Physical Engagements (Kinda Straight forward here. Physical combat with other things): Offensively, Helel is a ferocious and extremely focused warrior, and when in single combat, is a force to be reckoned with. Helel will engage enemies, particularly difficult ones, with a rough series of experiments to test their capabilities of power, accuracy, and energy reserves. In many cases, this has led to Helel's defeat when facing overall superior foes. However, upon reengagement with an opponent, Helel will execute extremely precise and efficient tactics to draw out an opponent's weak spots. Once a spot of weakness is exposed, Helel will generally strike with one of her few powerful 'combo'd' charms to tear a foe to shreds as soon as possible. Helel's temperament suggests she does not favor drawn out battles and prefers to end them immediately. As such, she does not hold back, and will generally go straight for the 'kill' from the beginning of combat.

A primary disadvantage is that Helel, when in a drawn out battle, will tire out and reach her limit. Once her limit is reached, she has been noted to go into excessive rages which drain her essence, her life blood in combat, quickly. When drained, Helel is only limited to what essence she may have committed originally towards battle, which includes supernatural precision and accuracy with her blows, inhuman strength, and other effects that result in supernaturally damaging blows or other effects. However, when exceptionally worn and drained, Helel will become discouraged from battle, especially in extremely unfavorable situations.

When placed on the defensive, Helel has significant natural agility and ability to soak a great deal of damage supernaturally. However, limited to only one defensive invulnerability charm which can only be activated when it suits her purpose (something which will be covered in detail in a later post) and can drain her essence unnecessarily. As a result, it should be noted that extremely powerful, one use attacks lack effectiveness against Helel, just as many, many weak blows will likely not shake the angel the least. However, combinations of heavy attacks, with intermittent weaker blows to catch Helel off guard will both drain her precious essence down, and eventually leave her vulnerable to physical damage. Helel's last, and sometimes most effective weapon and defense are her wings, which are supernaturally tough and sharp, and can be used as shields to avoid limited, weak attacks, or as additional appendages with separate attacking capabilities.

Against great numbers of enemies, or particularly large and powerful opponents, Helel will not hesitate to use her powerful sorceries to tear them to pieces. However, it should be noted that such sorceries, while powerful, difficult to defend against, and capable of great feats, take some time to shape, with her Sapphire and Adamant Circle spells taking two and three times longer to shape than her Emerald Circle spells. Helel generally makes a retreat should she deem it necessary to use her sorceries in combat, in order to give her more time to cast a spell in order to avoid an explosive interruption by an enemy. However, her countermagic and banishment spells seem to lack the time restraints of her normal spells, and can be used almost instantly. Helel only rarely does so, if she can avoid damaging effects or can deal with demons of one sort or another.

Social Interactions (Conversations with people, in essence. Talking, dancing, whatever): Helel is generally very inexperienced when it comes to dealing with people, and is just as quick to make enemies as she is to make allies. The primary cause is that she generally chooses to ignore straight up 'advice' from others, which has led to her getting into unnecessary fights on numerous occasions. Helel has become extremely good at lying lately, but is still easily put off when people become aggressive towards her in combinations, which she equally responds with nervousness, or anger. Helel lacks practice with controlling her tone, and will often come across differently from her intent, but is sometimes thick-skinned enough to blow off unusual (to her) replies.

The angel is generally most comfortable with asking questions about various things, and only rarely runs out of ideas for new questions unless interrupted or is in a hurry. Helel generally chooses to not tell much about herself, and if possible, acts like she prefers being seen as a human, without her wings. However, due to her brash nature, she is quick to blow her cover and reveal herself. She is very uncomfortable when people recognize the true meaning of her being a dirty angel (which results in her having gray feathered wings and has several other connotations that she would rather not share).

Helel generally dislikes extremely young children, as angels such as herself never go through such a 'bothersome' stage of growth. However, she has been noted to have a soft spot for intelligent or shy children, for no apparent reason. Most teenagers and adults are treated about the same by Helel, depending on her interactions with them, but she generally thinks of people critically.

Curiously, she seems to favor no race or species over one another, having associated with many demons in the past, while only a limited number of angels like herself. She seems to not hold herself as an angel in any higher regard than humans, at times even lower, because of her sometimes low self esteem as a dirty angel. Again, it is fortunate that few are aware of the correct implications of her being a dirty angel, but is often enraged when called a fallen angel, possibly the greatest insult to her.

Mental Pursuits (Analysis of information, learning new things, and scholarly focuses): Observant, Helel is very skilled at gathering information, though often forward and brash about doing so. As a result, one of her greatest hobbies takes the form of archaeology and ruin diving the constructions of various ancient fortresses, as well as forbidden places of interest. Helel also has extensive knowledge and capacity to learn about the occult and related matters of the supernatural. Helel lacks a good deal of knowledge about mundane matters, but feverishly pursues such matters all the same. Unfortunately as a loner of sorts, Helel will disregard even favorable teamwork in favor of continuing forward towards learning more.

Helel's curiosity could be seen as a mask of sorts when she systematically goes about extracting information from others, usually considering new possibilities on the fly. It could be reasoned that Helel can apply new concepts intuitively, even without practice on a particular subject. However, as always, when applying knowledge about mundane matters, Helel seems to be at a disadvantage.
And there you have it, a new analysis on Helel's tactics and ideologies towards those three main areas, based off of the previous post. As always, this post overrides anything in previous posts.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Re: Helel, Angel of Light, Spiritual Twin of the Angel Aeris

Postby Helel » Thu May 29, 2008 9:32 am

Helel's Personal Refuge and Planet: Elysium

Some time ago, Tyr granted Helel one of the greatest gifts imaginable: an entire planet, to be hers alone. Originally one of the many worlds Tyr had conquered, he took special care to not ruin the planet in the process, carefully preserving the ecosystem and the planet's vast network of geomantic nodes which powered a powerful planatary shield and various other sorcerous constructs on the surface.

By accepting this gift, Helel gained a vast source of resources to advance her agenda, in addition to an immensely secure refuge for her to recover from various activities, often times leaving her hanging near the brink of death on several times.

The Planet's Geomancy: Heavily Aligned with Helel's energies, most creatures that would generally be uncomfortable in 'holy' environments, will notice that Helel's planet does not force them away and is instead relatively neutral. As a result, even Shadow has moved his castle to Helel's planet after his city was overrun by a dragon. Furthermore, across the planet are thousands upon thousands of structures which Helel refers to as 'manses' which channel and focus the geomancy of the planet for various practical uses, such as defending the planet, powering factories, or keeping the lands fertile. The uses of these manses are virtually endless, and as the Mistress of Elysium, Helel holds total and complete control over these resources, making her nearly unbeatable on the planet. Helel accomplished such by 'attuning' to the Central Manse, a huge structure that Helel also uses as her main base of operations and her home.

The Central Manse: Enormous yet beautiful, this structure was constructed by the prior inhabitants of Elysium (before Tyr killed them off, anyways) as a focal point for the planet's geomantic resources, used by the King to protect his people and insure their prosperity. Too bad his will wasn't sufficient to guide the planet's people against ruin, but since Helel took over, she's begun the process of reshaping the original seat of power on the planet to suit her own tastes and needs. Though not noticeable from the outside, beneath the manse in what was once a vast chapel, Helel has converted the space into a sort of factory cathedral, where the playing of 'music' allows her to focus and construct various wonders for her uses. Items she has been working on include her incomplete powered armor, a device which can split Essence to its original components by using an ancient beast's crystalized essence as the catalyst, artificial wombs that she used to create her original guardians, and a stockpile of weapons that are in some manner of disassembly or reassembly.

The Wilds:
Carefully preserved from when Tyr took over the planet originally, he made sure to not harm any of the creatures or plants away from the cities, which don't appear to have noticed any particular change with the planet, despite the abrupt change in populance. Though known to few, Helel even has an extent of control over the plants, animals and the very land in the Wilds, as they are all linked to the geomancy of Elysium, and if needed, encourage them to act in a particular manner or urge them to move away from areas for whatever reason. Otherwise, the Wilds make a nice place to walk.

Inhabitants of Elysium: In addition to the various animals that are native to Elysium, Helel has steadily created a variety of artificial life forms for her own purposes. Most notable among these are the constructs like Typhon which Helel has created, using unknown magical arts and soul experimentation. These beings are known to possess immense destructive potential, and are more than capable at defending Elysium when their mistress is away.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Re: Helel, Angel of Light and Heiress of Hellfire

Postby Helel » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:43 am

The Legacy of Slide: Hellfire

Right, so this is actually Xia's shtick, I'm still trying to work this out with her, and learn all the little details about Helel's new... asset? Curse? Depends on how you look at it. Anyways, the following is a bit of an explanation of Helel's unique 'inheritance' from her master when she killed Slide. That said, anything that is said here is absolutely NOT widely known- there were at most three books that contained any details about Hellfire- one has been already destroyed, and the other two are in possession of Xia and Tokio. Even if one were to somehow obtain a copy of the books, they're written in a cryptic and otherwise unknown language, except to Xia and Tokio, perhaps.

A brief history of Hellfire: Hellfire was original created as an experiment of 13 individuals, in the mysteries of pocket dimensions with the object to create a dimension of unlimited power. Though they succeeded in their attempt, 11 of their souls were ripped from their body due to a miscalculation of the power they were harnessing. Of the two survivors, one was Slide, who was spared the experience of having his soul being ripped from his body due to his soul not inhabiting his body. The second survivor became the first bearer of Hellfire. One would think that becoming the bearer of unlimited power would then set out to do as any with great power: set forth and conquer, be corrupted, etc. Neither of these appeared to happen because while Hellfire is unlimited power, gaining access to it is not without a cost: the eternal agony of having your soul and body consumed from within due to becoming the bearer, no, the gateway to Hellfire.

In time, the first bearer was consumed by Hellfire, and Slide came to be the second bearer. During the time that Slide possessed Hellfire, he set forth to reinforce the gateway to Hellfire within him, by means of how it was originally established: souls. The original eleven souls, and thousands thereafter became the supports to the gateway to Hellfire within Slide's body. The exact number is of course, unknown, but it is undisputed that Slide gained immense power by strengthening the gateway to Hellfire. Later, much later, Slide engaged in a final duel with his latest apprentice, Helel and was slain by her. But before his death, he cast Hellfire into Helel's young omega soul and so consumed it, ensuring the Legacy would continue on in the young Helel.

Since then, Helel has had to establish her resolve and gain control over Hellfire, taking a great deal of time to do so, all the while suffering as her body and souls were constantly being consumed by Hellfire. At last, Helel forged a measure control over Hellfire, and the consumption of her body ended though the Hellfire, apparently sentient in some form, began a war of wills within Helel, for control over her body. Eventually, this battle manifested physically as Helel's powers went out of control for a time, laying waste to the forest as Hellfire gained control for a time- before Helel asserted herself and gained Hellfire's obedience. Since then, Helel has begun to train herself in ways to utilize Hellfire to her advantage, while also learning of the Legacy of the thousands within her and the gateway to unlimited power based on an imperfect theory of dimensions.

Capabilities of Hellfire: Like normal fire, Hellfire burns. But unlike normal fire, Hellfire burns anything, including souls and generally not-combustable things, making it devastatingly destructive and difficult to protect against. Furthermore, Hellfire possesses a measure of sentience, which seeks to spread and consume- but not so much so that it will let itself cease to exist. As a result, Hellfire has a tenacious desire to 'be' and if it's desire to consume would conflict with existing, it will bide it's time. For now, its current host in the form of Helel is more than sufficient and bends to her will- for now. Due to its strong, primal urges, Hellfire is also incredibly difficult to control, but since Helel's recent disappearance from common interaction with MSF, her control over Hellfire has improved exponentially... especially as she has gathered a huge numbers of souls to strengthen the gateway to Hellfire. More disturbingly Helel has been shown to resurrect dead or dying individuals using Hellfire- resulting in people such as Maris and Reya, who are bonded to Helel as subsouls, similar to her original angelic souls and become empowered to superhuman capabilities as a result. The exact number and matured power of these subsouls is unknown, but the key requirements appear to be a preexisting strong will and soul that is capable of retaining individuality despite becoming a part of Hellfire, and a compatibility with Helel's natural essence. Rare qualities indeed. As Helel continues to mature and strengthen her bonds with Hellfire, the capabilities of Hellfire will continue to expand.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Helel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Other 'Incarnations' of Helel

This is under construction, but I'll be using this to archive the spin off 'Helel's' that are not the current one canonically.

Anyel - The result of Helel being Anya'd in the Code Geass thread, she's one of the guardians for Princess Lepremia and appears as a much fuller and mature looking Anya than the Code Geass character, and also sports knightly armor and a pair of neat angelic wings. I'd say she has acute vision, superior strength, and the ability to fly, but otherwise, she doesn't have much ability wise. She's generally quiet and a slower talker as well in addition to being an elite mecha pilot, though she hasn't been in one since her various... changes.

Haruhelel - A dimension warping (if unintentionally) school girl with far too much energy, she tends to force her own reality on others.

Lukiferos Helel/Sora - the original original Helel, who the current one spawned from, and I have no intent of reviving for now, either. Even if he is nicer. :D

Whisper - A human girl with apparently no abilities, Helel has recently taken this form in IRC due to various circumstances and a fairly long and complicated chain of events. She has minor pyromancy though she doesn't know she can do such a thing yet. Very quiet as her name would suggest, and also shy, she's easily surprised, and lacks knowledge about a great many things.

Update: Whisper has technically become Helel's Beta Soul, and as a result, is no longer considered a spin off persona.

More to come!
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Kether » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Anyel would probably be good at piloting mecha.. if it ever comes up
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Helel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Excordis Poendare wrote:Anyel would probably be good at piloting mecha.. if it ever comes up

Yeah, I'll have to remember that as I go back and fill things in. And come up with other things to talk about with regards to her.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Helel » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Sub Souls of Helel/Hellfire (in progress)

Reya Nina Antalk
Reincarnated Human, Subsoul of Helel
Mysterious Woman from the West

Visual Analysis
Species: Human
Height: 1.73 meters (5 feet, 8 inches)
Mass: Would you ask a young woman her weight? Really?
Build: Lean but Shapely
Hair Color: Blonde
Hair Length: Short, to stay out her eyes and her way.
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Fair
Dress: Reya doesn't seem to particularly favor any sort of clothing, but rather prefers to dress meticulously for any given occasion. She's been found to dress in tank tops and shorts in the summer time in 'cool' colors, with the occasional swimsuit when she wishes to sunbathe or heaven forbid, swim, which she seems to be fond of.
Demeanor: Generally a calm and collected young woman, Reya is still getting used to MSF and as a result has been thrown off rather consistently since her arrival. She tries to be friendly and at times is even forceful, but can become flustered and agitated if people try to tease her (I'm looking at you, Shadow and Corvus :D).
Backstory: A young woman from the western lands of the continent East of the Muffin Continent, Reya's upbringing and history are currently unknown. But what is known is that at one point she was killed at the hands of Nokel's armies as they marched through the Western Lands, eradicating everyone. After the attack however, Helel arrived to resurrected Reya with Hellfire and her own essence and the next time she awakened, she was running and on fire. She found herself to have lost her memories and in a place filled with supernaturals. She made friends with several people, including Corvus and Zeiss in particular, and with them, discovered the truth of her death and revival... and her connection to Helel. Since then, she has been given a new purpose... whatever that is, and began to learn how to make use of her new found power... and how to control it.

Maris
Reincarnated Human, Subsoul of Helel
Ward of Corvus and Aeris

Visual Analysis
Species: Human
Height: 1.29 meters (4 feet, 3 inches)
Mass: 25.9 kilograms (57 pounds)
Build: Average
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Length: Mid-length to her neck
Eye Color: Brown-Red
Complexion: Fair
Dress: Maris seems to prefer dresses given to her by either Corvus or 'Pretty Lady Aeris'. That means there's a rather significant variation in the style and kind of dresses... but at least she looks pretty, in her opinion.
Demeanor: An energetic young girl, Maris is friendly and rather naive. She's easily startled, but is quick to adjust to changes around her and will surely do so with a smile on her face.
Backstory: Maris arrived with no memories or recollection of even her name. Corvus changed that, giving her a name, and a friend/father figure to bond to, and she eventually met Aeris as well. Since meeting Helel for the first time, and realizing her connection to her, Maris has spent a great deal of time with 'pretty lady' Aeris, but for what reasons... is

More to come!
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Helel » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:00 am

Ligel
Fifth Soul of Helel
Stealth, Infiltration, and Subterfuge Specialist

Visual Analysis
Height: 1.9 meters (6 feet, 2 inches)
Mass: She's probably heavy for a woman, given she's practically all lean muscle, solid bone, etc.
Build: Lean and Athletic, though Shapely regardless.
Hair Length: Medium - Long (Not quite as long as Helel's hair, but significantly straighter too)
Wing Color: Grey
Physical Age: 20ish
Dress: Ligel doesn't seem to have many reservations that Helel seems to exhibit when it comes to clothing herself, so generally dresses in more flashy or revealing clothing than what Helel would. She reeeeally seems to like bright colors as well, with an emphasis on warm colors, like reds, oranges, and yellows. When she's on missions from Helel, Ligel prefers the same style of armored catsuit Helel uses a lot in order to maximize her mobility and to dampen any noise her movements may make.
Demeanor: Generally exuding an aura of playfulness, Ligel takes few things seriously when she's around people and otherwise seems relaxed. Unfortunately (for some?) she can be rather affectionate towards those she likes and will make sure they know it by either physical contact (unheard of when it comes to Helel herself, usually), or blatantly unveiling her opinion of her relationship with another. This has resulted in a number of awkward relationships since her arrival. When on a mission she's all business, and takes her work very, VERY seriously, but can sometimes come off as vain as a result.
Angelic Soul Specialization: Ligel is known for randomly appearing and disappearing from people's vision, and for good reason. Her skill set seems focused toward stealth, infiltration, and subterfuge, with a variety of powerful charms and spells at her disposal to aid her. She seems to only have a rudimentary knowledge in real combat, as she would rather stab someone in the back rather than engaging someone directly or flee outright.

Nebilael
Seventh Soul of Helel (supposedly the last REAL angelic soul at that)
Youngest Soul of Helel

Visual Analysis
Height: 1.8 meters (5 feet, 11 inches)
Mass: 68 kilograms (150lbs)
Build: Unknown, but probably Lean
Hair Length: Medium (To just past her neck)
Wing Color: Grey
Physical Age: Late Teens
Dress: Nebilael still isn't very comfortable with being a female, having start out as a male, so she often covers herself rather thoroughly with heavy or baggy clothing with her increasingly favoring gothic styled clothing. Colors are generally muted so as to not draw attention to her.
Demeanor: Withdrawn, skittish, and otherwise naive, Nebilael is in many ways, unlike Helel. However, the fact remains that Nebilael has gone through a lot despite her relative youth, so this may all be understandable. She's shown the ability to be friendly once she's gotten used to someone, and is very curious about the world around her that she knows so little about. Overall, Nebilael seems to be a mixed bag.
Angelic Soul Specialization: Nebilael doesn't seem to have exhibited any particular specialization in magicks or the like, so what her exact specialization will ultimately be is a mystery for now.

I'll be adding more about other souls of Helel, such as Whisper, the infamous 'Omega' Soul, and perhaps hints about those souls who haven't popped up yet, but time will tell!
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to MSF's Most Wanted