Hi-Lo!

If you're new, stop by and introduce yourself. You can also inform your friends of your departures and returns.

Moderator: Helel

Hi-Lo!

Postby Tabitha Anikerina » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:45 pm

(I love greeting people like that--it's pronounced "high-low")

Anyway, I'm obviously new to these boards. I call myself Steamboat, after the legendary professional wrestler Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

I love anime (duh), classic video games (mostly 8- and 16-bit eras, and the '80s arcade scene), and...uh...pro wrestling. (Not that I cheer for John Cena or anything. He's funny, yeah, but he sucks the big one--using the SAME six moves in the SAME order EVERY SINGLE MATCH...)

Sorry, I tend to rant. I'll try to keep that in check. I know these forums aren't meant for arguments.

I have a mental disorder called Asperger's Syndrome (it's a mild form of autism). That's one reason I'm so interested in the Eternals--it'd be nice to be able to rid myself of this stutter and rambling I've been cursed with--even though I'm now a guy. (I'd love to voluntarily join them, as per that "seminar" caption, just not yet. I need to learn more first.)

If you haven't seen the caption I'm talking about, look in Erick Guardian's section. That pic is still one of my favorites.

I hope to contribute a lot of stuff here. May Ryo-ohki's cuteness infect you all! :roll:

Edit: well, I got the Touch, so I'm Tabitha Aninikkou now! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Tabitha Anikerina on Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tabitha Anikerina
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:55 pm

Hello there! Welcome aboard. ;) May you find much happiness and contentment on these here boards. Don't mind the chaos, it's all part of the fun.... But enjoy lots of hugs and cookies. :)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Kara-chan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:55 pm

I've got a friend with Asperger's and well...yeah

But~ welcome to MSF! And have a cookie! I promise they don't TF...really...I swear!
Offically married to Neige by Rabbi Musa.
Kara-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Hira Kanaki » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:14 am

Hiya new peep, and as for the wrestling thing I blame it on Hulk Hogan, and the "Montreal Screwjob".
Hira Kanaki
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:36 am

Heya! Interested in Eternals, huh? Well, you've come to the next-to-best place to learn about them. Or maybe it's the best place... @_@ I wonder which caption that you mean, though. Can you disclose the captioneer? Otherwise, depending on whom you get your information from, you're likely to get varying ideas about them (other than bias/prejudice: you'll likely get the same core idea, but, beyond that, I wouldn't be surprised if you heard differing superficials and the like). Which is why I tend to just let others inform people about them... I've heard so many things that make me unsure as to what to say (mostly because I'm so indecisive and stuff), whether if it's for stories or the spiritual aspect. X_X

In any case, welcome, and may you never come across this Nikkou character. She's a forum's worst nightmare.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Beyond » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:50 am

Fae wrote:...and may you never come across this Nikkou character. She's a forum's worst nightmare.

DUN DUN DUN...

Welcome.
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Cow Belle » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:48 am

Yes, look out for Nikkou. She's has a sharp tooth with puns. :p

Anyways, have your self a good time here Steamboat. If you looking for some place to be creative, you found the place. If your looking for Role Playing, you found the place. If your looking for answers, you found the place. (They might not really be the best answers but there will be answers) If you looking for a place just to hang out and waste your time, then you don't need to look anymore.

I say unto you Steamboat, welcome to MSF. Have a cookie. ^_^

*gives an any flavor cookie*
Some stuff happen, and there was cow bell! And all was good.
Cow Belle
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Musashi » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:20 am

Howdy there, new person~ Welcome to MSF. It is a place full of delicious cheese and friendly ferrets. :D
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Raleigh » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:18 am

Hello Steamboat. Hope you enjoy yourself here with all the nutjobs that are roaming the place.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Sakura Fontis » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:42 pm

Hi! Welcome to MSF! Have some snacks!

*places a table with many snacks out, and the snacks might have a slight glow to them*

Umm.. >.> Ignore the glowing...
Sakura Fontis
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Location: By a pristine lake, looking up at the starry sky...

Postby Miyukicl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:57 pm

delicious cheese and friendly ferrets

I'm sure that it was Friendly Cheese and delicious Ferrets... :D of a form or other welcome to the MSF :D Steamboat!!!!!
Miyukicl
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Amy-chan » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:59 pm

Hihi Steamboat! myaaa! Welcome and enjoy. myaa
A stranger is just a friend that you haven't met yet.
Amy-chan
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Sophia Anieri » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:31 pm

*blinks* Another person with Asperger's Syndrome? Who is thinking of becoming an Eternal? Shades of deja vu here... :? Okay!

I was actually diagnosed with a mild case of Asperger's syndrome after becoming an Eternal. (My family and I had suspected for many years that I had it, since I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS before the Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis was in common use in the US, but it was never confirmed until last month.) My reasons for becoming an Eternal were probably unrelated to Asperger's -- more a listless depression and creative block than anything else. Being an Eternal is very precious to me -- I wouldn't trade it for anything; it's part of my inner nature -- but I do know enough to say that it isn't a cureall either.

I don't know enough about your situation in specific to know if the Eternal Touch, such as it exists here, would help you with your problems. It wouldn't make you un-Asperger's for sure -- I'm proof of that -- but it might cure some specific symptoms that make life more difficult for you, like the stuttering. I honestly don't know. You will have to decide if you want it enough to take a chance on something that would significantly alter your soul, while

Becoming an Eternal is a spiritually powerful experience, but in this First Realm it's watered down by the sheer impenetrability of this specific universe to Influence and other magical energies. As a result, when we Touch people over the Internet now, it's only a spiritual change, and nowhere to the same extent as in the stories. That said, it is spiritually powerful, kind of like a "born again" experience, I would think, though I've only experienced the Touch and not a Christian "born again" experience, so I don't really know.

I'm sorry if this doesn't seem helpful... I'm probably in the best position of anyone to answer your questions, being (probably) the only person with Asperger's Syndrome who has already undergone the Touch, but I'm hesitant to compare my situation as we are all different. Asperger's is just a name for certain personality traits that are outside what's considered the "norm," after all -- not fully autistic, but closer to autism than a neurotypical person. I wouldn't want a cure for it, ut I can understand how it can sometimes make life difficult.

Oh, and welcome to MSF! I hope this place is everything you dream it might be, and, where it isn't, I hope it can become that way! You will find what you are looking for. No, that's not a threat. It's a promise. ;)
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Raijin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:12 pm

Welcome ^^
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Greetings Steamboat. ^_^

I have a mild version of that I think. Although I think Asperger's in a tad overdiagnosed. It's more verbal anxiety and tension to express myself for me. I also have problems with staring at someone for long periods.

*zaps Steamboat female and cured* ^^ I'd adore to do that for you *hugs*
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Next

Return to Welcome Matt