Avatar Fleamarket (First post has information.)

If you're new, stop by and introduce yourself. You can also inform your friends of your departures and returns.

Moderator: Helel

Avatar Fleamarket (First post has information.)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:03 am

Alrighty! I finally got around to doing this.

This place is now open for anyone who wants to give avatars to anyone asking.

If anyone has a certain type of avatar that they're looking for and would like there to be a permanent notation, PM me and I'll edit into this post. I'd recommend doing that if what you're looking for is hard to find. If it's something common than please request normally since it's likely to not take long for someone to find you something that's common.

If you want to give out avatars but don't have a place to host them and don't want to just give an un-avatared image from somewhere off of the Internet, then PM anyone listed below and ask them to host it. That's where you'll find out how to send the avatar to them.

And if you want to host avatars for other people, simply PM me and I'll add you to the list.

Hosts:

Thread creator (Went with that since my name changes all of the time.)

Perma-searches:

Sweet Sophia: Dark skin and/or glasses; hippies; beatniks.

Temet nosce: Pale-skinned, silver-colored haired, silver-eyed female; with cold/amused look, dressed in black, with angel wings. Prefers shortness. (Or anything that even comes somewhat close to that.)

Nashiko: Green-haired and/or green-eyed girls/guys.
Last edited by Mitera Nikkou on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:57 am

Then I request pictures of girls with moles on their cheeks.

Ha ^o^

That should keep you busy for a while!
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:44 am

You can offer candidates for me! You know what I like- preferably red or unnaturally colored hair, fantasy-faerie-quirky style (although given the recent icon I've been gifted with due to the local virus, someone in a sailor fuku would be appropriate too), and not too cutesy or girlie. No pink, except for small highlights, like flowers or something. I like cool colors better, overall. Have fun coming up with candidates!
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Nashiko » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:32 pm

i have been lookin for avatars....i haven't found enough to change every 2 days anyway...

well...the only things i asks for are
1. short green haired girls with green eyes as well
or
2. anything (male/female) with an umbrella/parasol (gotta maintain the parasol warrior image)

there...you have your mission nikkou...
Plant goddess!
IM me anytime...i get lonely
The Parasol Warrior G.M.D!
Nashiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:55 pm

Kurohime:

Meh... I found a picture bearing a mole immediately. XD And no, it wasn't doctored. ^_^; Anyway, this is for avatars, not images. But since you asked, I have delivered one.

Gwen:

Well, as you know, we don't exactly see "cute" in the same way. Such as this one... I would consider "young." And she seems serious anyway. But double-red and a school outfit isn't half bad, eh? And it has some surrealism there with the pendant and the fire. But if it's no good I can find soemthing else, but know this: although I knew what image to look for, I had to browse through 9000 images before I found it. And thus my guilt card is played. ;p

Pear:

The only image that I ever had that had both double-green and a parasol, I have already found for you to use in the past. XD So I hope this one will do. I am keeping an eye out for dudes, but green and dudes and umbrellas in any combination is not common. ^_^;

Now, as usual, clicking on the images brings up the original. These are generally over the 120x120 limit, so copy the addresses and paste them into the off-site avatar section if you decide to use one.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:57 pm

???? wrote:Kurohime:

Meh... I found a picture bearing a mole immediately. XD And no, it wasn't doctored. ^_^; Anyway, this is for avatars, not images. But since you asked, I have delivered one.

Ah, but can you find another that's more lady like and less girly like?
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Nashiko » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:07 pm

*looks at his avatar, looks at instructions....brain gives out on him*....what?....*still too dumb about internet options to figure this stuff out*

And Pear?....
Plant goddess!
Nashiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Sierra_Rune » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:27 pm

How about some dryad images? Shouldn't be too hard. :p
Make a habit of imprisoning Fascists without trial, and perhaps the process won’t stop at Fascists." - George Orwell, The Freedom of the Press
Sierra_Rune
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Teddy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:07 am

I'll take anything that's creepy in a good way. Like dark creepy. Not Nikkou creepy.
Ohahaha. Oh, Xia.
I think if I ever met the Troubled Hubble lead singer, I would look into his eyes, then lean in and kiss him passionately. Several times. -Karubidiumeleaux`
Teddy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Jeanette » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:33 pm

Kurohime wrote:Then I request pictures of girls with moles on their cheeks.

Ha ^o^

That should keep you busy for a while!

Jeanette
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:17 pm

As a matter of fact, I love it! In fact, I added that image to my collection not too long ago. It hadn't occured to me to icon-ize it, though, so you picked good for me. Young is fine. What I don't want is frilly. :)

Gwen:

Well, as you know, we don't exactly see "cute" in the same way. Such as this one... I would consider "young." And she seems serious anyway. But double-red and a school outfit isn't half bad, eh? And it has some surrealism there with the pendant and the fire. But if it's no good I can find soemthing else, but know this: although I knew what image to look for, I had to browse through 9000 images before I found it. And thus my guilt card is played. ;p

Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:13 pm

Kurohime:

I know I said that I wanted to cure my boredom, but in a constructive way. ^_^; And I don't think anyone would use just any image because there's a mole... Anyway, I can get another image, but I'm too lazy to take the screen capture required. XD I'll get back to it. ;p

Pear:

Yes, Pear, since it sounds the same as the begining of parasol. Or I can just call you Nashiko (pear child). ;p

Anyway, in your profile there are three text boxes for an avatar. The bottom one is where you put the address of the avatar above. If you don't know how to get the address, just right-click the image, go to properties, then use the cursor to highlight the address and, when you have it highlighted, copy it so you can paste it into the text box.

Rune:

Are you even interested in having a dryad avatar? Or are you being like the evil Kurohime of DOOMAGE? *_* Either way, I decided to capture one of sorts.

MoS:

Aww... But I could have given you the mutant grain that attacks Greenpeace! Or this:

But how about this?

Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:17 pm

Jeanette wrote:Image

Danke!
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Nashiko » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Pear:

Yes, Pear, since it sounds the same as the begining of parasol. Or I can just call you Nashiko (pear child). ;p

Anyway, in your profile there are three text boxes for an avatar. The bottom one is where you put the address of the avatar above. If you don't know how to get the address, just right-click the image, go to properties, then use the cursor to highlight the address and, when you have it highlighted, copy it so you can paste it into the text box.

....*tries this* i don't see properties when i right click the thing....what am i doing wrong?!?! *wonders why computers hate him*

and Nashiko......*looks around, steals name*
Plant goddess!
Nashiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:00 pm

Are you using Windows? Because that's all that I'm familiar with. When you right-click it should bring up a little menu of things to do. Properties should be at the bottom of the list. Clciking on properties should bring up a little window displaying the address.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Welcome Matt