So, where was I?

If you're new, stop by and introduce yourself. You can also inform your friends of your departures and returns.

Moderator: Helel

So, where was I?

Postby muffinstud » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Well, I regret having to post this in any part of the forums, but this seems like the most appropriate part to do it.

This time, my hiatus is permanent.

My previous goings away were all leading to this, unfortunately. I've been putting away the inevitable in the hopes of sticking around here as long as I could. But real life has been pushing me farther and farther along a track that just can't include the time needed to keep up the many things I'd like to do here. The most I could hope for would be to lurk about once a month or so, and that's just as bad as not being here at all. I really regret having to say goodbye and I realize it's not exactly the best timing what with the different little projects I had started with you guys. In my book, there never really is good timing for a farewell.

I've really enjoyed my time here, and I feel I've made some good lasting friendships. When I get the chance, I still plan to hop onto IRC and catch up with all of you when I can. I just won't have time to roleplay, which is giving me a frowny face.

My caption days are over. I don't know how photobucket works, but I know that eventually my account might go inactive. Before that happens, I'd like to see my captions backed up either on the reincarnation of the site or at someone else's photodump. There is precious little clean material in our field of interest, and it would be a shame for my little contribution to disappear through my own inactivity. The same goes for my stories, or what tidbits could count as stories.

Someone needs to keep making caption prompts. I can't stress this enough. Captions are what brought me out of my lurkerhood, and I've seen others following suit. This place used to thrive on fun, interesting, and poignant captions. Make the thread a sticky so it won't take up as much space, or find something else a little more permanent. Either way, as long as there is a doorway for new captioneers, they will come and there will continue to be new content. Once the site is more than a forum again, this will be very important for grabbing pageviews since there isn't anywhere on the net with the quality of captions on display here.

As for the roleplays I've started, I'd like to see them continue. I have no fear that the RP Nexus will continue on as it has through my many absences. I just ask that the players cut Kaizer some slack and contribute a little more to the GMing as well. It was never meant to have a single GM, and I wouldn't wish GMing that beast on my worst enemy. I also give permission to do a reboot/alternate rp of the same style to allow new players to come in and play in a fresh new world.

If there is anyone who is interested in seeing the Great Anime Harem RP to its end, please PM me. I have everything laid out already. The only thing a GM would have to do would be to describe the transformations and decide what situations they'd like to put the players into after the tournament is over.

Also, since there were people who were interested in the MegaMan event for the Muffin Room, I also have extensive notes on that as well. Looking at how much would be involved, you might want to go into that one with a friend before picking it up.

So, now that I'm done stroking my ego to the point that I think everyone absolutely loves everything I've done and wants it all to continue just like I would, I must take my leave. Once again, I regret to leave a forum filled with as many friends as this, but I will keep in touch as best I can.

Can't say I didn't go out with a bang
Last edited by muffinstud on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Sadness...

Postby Haylie » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Wow. I... don't really know what I can say to that. I'm really sorry to see you go. You're a writing genius, you're really creative, and you have the most awesome set of avatars I've ever seen. There's just nothing more I can say.

You leave behind a legacy. Know that. MSF doesn't forget those that contribute this much. Just wish we didn't have to see it end. Fair travels, good buddy, wherever you may go.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Well, that sucks. And I was so looking forward to seeing you around, again. I guess we'll just have to live onward in your heart. Should have you a heart attack, it wasn't us. We don't wear clogs.

Anyway, if I have anything to say about it, your captions will live on. The Men's Warehouse guarantees it.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Muffin, dont go! D:

Im gonna miss you man, I cant thank you enough for everything you've done. Especially RP Nexus. I'll do my best to keep your legacy alive. Im still in shock to see you go. I just wish I could hug you! Please dont give up, and keep fightning on. You'll always have a home here in the forums and I know it sounds corny, but I'm a bit chocked up. I mean... wow... all the good times we spent on IRC. I wont wish you a good bye, but I will say Cya later. Good luck on your future endevors and Excelsior or however you spell it.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Millinescence » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Oh...that is so sad~! I'm sorry to see you go. ;_;
I'm certain that your muffin-ness will live on in all of us here at MSF, and we'll all miss you. I've only joined here several months ago, and I barely got to see you on much. But I can see that you have done so much for this community. I wish you luck with your endeavors and hope that things will eventually get better and slow down for you.
...*sniff, waves* Bye Kittybread~
~deviantArt~ ~My characters~ ~The Haven of Æternalæ (yup, it's back!)~ (Φω~)b
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Blaze » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 am

Damn...

I hate to see you go Muffin. You were one of my favorite people both here and IRC. Endlessly creative and fun.

Saying goodbye is always bittersweet. Good luck on all your endeavors and try not to forget about us folk here on MSF
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Marky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 am

Man...it's really sad to see you have to go, Muffin. Hopefully, somehow, someway, you can return in the future. I know many of us will be looking forward to it.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Rodney » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:01 pm

I, like many others, am very sorry to see you go.

You are the reference by which I have always judged the RP I GMed.
Your point on the captions is extremely valid as it is captions that lured me to this site and later convinced me to join it.

Maybe in the future you will find yourself with some time to post either a 200 pages RP or just few random posts.
In any case, I would be very happy to see your account name pop up on the update list.

In order to lure you back, I solemnly swear that I am up to no good and will produce at least 10 captions before the end of the month of May, and post them on the forum. :twisted:
Last edited by Rodney on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Just some lady » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Sadness indeed to see you go, Muffin. Your creativity, and the strength of your writing has ever been something that I have strived to match up to in my own posting, and like many, I will miss you.

That said, I understand of course that this is not a post that you make lightly, and life certainly takes precedence, so I hope that all goes well for you, Muffin.

*Snuuugs*

And sometime soon I'll see about getting your captions onto my photobucket, if someone else doesn't do it first--I'm sure there are many who would be happy too.
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Amaya » Sat May 01, 2010 8:16 am

Sad to see you go. You were one of the best captioneers back when I started visiting the site. Your caption prompts are what got me to register instead of just lurking about from time to time.

Photobucket will inactivate an account after 90days without a login. It reactivates from just one login, from what I've understood at least. I'll try and make sure I storage what I can find of your captions, they are good and deserve to be kept for posterity.

If I was at my normal PC I would already have made a few captions and put them on the forums. I am, however, likely to start putting up captions before the end of next week. It's in it's planning stage, and I just need to actually write my many ideas. Not too hard when I actually have some spare time.

I'll see about making caption prompts myself. I'm starting to feel more interested in finding captionworthy pictures, for both my and others' sake.

Hope to see you back for a visit at some point.
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby David » Sat May 01, 2010 12:02 pm

This pig is very upset to see you go! I wish you luck in all your future endeavours!
This signature is bad and will only lead to disappointment and shame, read about David or read his crappy journal by clicking those links and later wishing you didn't.
David
Bad Taste in Hats
Bad Taste in Hats

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Sat May 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Good luck Muffinstud. Try to visit if you ever can, and we'll keep a spot open for you.
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Good luck in all your endeavors Muffin, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't creeped out every now and then by looking of baked goods and seeing cat faces on it because of your avatars! :)

I didn't RP with you much but I did enjoy your captions. And for that, even if you are gone, you will lurk on in my heart! [/celine dion]

Edit - After further consideration of your contribution and having enjoyed Rodney's captions in your honor I figure I could resume working on one of my stories in your honor. Your pick. It will take me a moment to locate the muse which inspired it and re-channel her though, I have so many of them flying around in my head it can be hard to keep track sometimes ;p
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby AshK » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Oh man Muffin, I am so sorry to see you go also. We never did get to finish our RP via PM where you were helping me. Oh well. Good luck in all you do. Take these cookies as a departure present from me. *Hands Muffin some virtual cookies.* I am going to miss you man! Good luck in all you do. Hope to see you again sometime on here if it will ever be possible.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:49 am

Okay, now I'm just rubbing it in.

But I can't just leave all your heartfelt support and goodbyes just go into the inky void. Thank you all for the kind replies and butt-kissing. Rodney especially gets my internets for following through with his caption promise, and kicking major butt by making them really fun. Now that you all have seen how easy it can be, I expect to be able to lurk here in a month or so and see many more captions by many more of you.

And Octavia? From one lurker to another, I'd much appreciate seeing "A Walk in the Park" get finished, if only because it's already a full on story. While I really enjoy the premises you have (Especially the one for Gladia, hint hint) that one deserves an ending after being in the middle for so long.

I'm not necessarily back off of hiatus, but I can officially lurk once in a blue moon now. So keep the content coming, or CeilingMuffin will eat you.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Next

Return to Welcome Matt