A rainy night

If you're new, stop by and introduce yourself. You can also inform your friends of your departures and returns.

Moderator: Helel

A rainy night

Postby Amaya » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:53 am

You see her standing under a streetlamp, tightly clutching an umbrella. Her long dark hair clings tightly to her damp, purple yukata, the red obi slightly discoloured due to the rain. Her downturned head makes her bangs hide her face, but the small smile can still be seen.

Hello there, I'm calling myself Amaya a lot of the time. It's a name I looked up way back, and it kind of stuck to me. If memories serves it means "night rain".
I'm native to Sweden, but I favour using English for most situations.
I'm a twenty-five year old aquarius, spending a lot of time with trying to manage my studies of social work.

I'm an aspiring author, but one without a muse (she took a hiatus several years ago, I'm still waiting for her to get back). While I probably will flutter about on the forums, I won't be found in the RP section.
I'm knowledgable on Ranma½ and have read more fanfiction on that than I care to admit. The TG-aspect of it is probably what drew me in.
I've read a fair share of TG-realted web comics, including Wotch and it's spin-off Cheer.
I'm not sure when I first stumbled on MSF, only that it was waaaaay back. I've been coming here from time to time since, even submitting captions at one point. Now I've registered to the forums, to share my insanity with the rest of you.

Well, if there's something you're dying to know, ask away, I might even answer. =P
Oh, and hello Matt! :roll:
"Black is the new black."
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Re: A rainy night

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:30 am

Welcome! You're right; Amaya does indeed mean "night rain." It's a name I've always rather liked, myself. :) Very nice to see you here. Settle in, play nice with the other kids, double-check all consumables other people give you before you east or drink them (especially beware anything violet, because it means your intellect is in danger), and have fun. :)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Ookalf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:54 am

Hello, Amaya! Enjoy your stay and, like Guen said, be extremely careful about what you eat. Also, have and ostrich! *hands Amaya the traditional welcome ostrich*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Millinescence » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:58 am

Welcome to MSF Amaya~! *gives you a saddle and reigns for your ostrich*
~deviantArt~ ~My characters~ ~The Haven of Æternalæ (yup, it's back!)~ (Φω~)b
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Amaya » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:13 pm

I think I'll stay away from the purple consummables then. I like my intellect where it is. *ish admitted to Mensa. <.<' *

Oohh, an ostrich, free dinner! *puts the saddle and reigns on the ostrich, before watching it run off* Hey! Get back here, bloody overgrown sparrow. *waves about the umbrella*
"Black is the new black."
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Amaya wrote:I think I'll stay away from the purple consummables then. I like my intellect where it is. *ish admitted to Mensa. <.<' *

Actually, Violet here is more of an off pink. No one's really sure why.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:58 pm

You submitted some captions? Did you go by the same name, or a different one? I'm curious since I might have handled putting them on the site. XD

Oh, and yo! I guess we're mortal enemies because my name means "sunshine." *_*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Amaya » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Ookalf wrote:
Amaya wrote:I think I'll stay away from the purple consummables then. I like my intellect where it is. *ish admitted to Mensa. <.<' *

Actually, Violet here is more of an off pink. No one's really sure why.
Ookalf, it looks rather like pink, I'll admit. It isn't pink though, wrong hue. It's scary that I actually know that. @.@

Mitera Nikkou wrote:You submitted some captions? Did you go by the same name, or a different one? I'm curious since I might have handled putting them on the site. XD

Oh, and yo! I guess we're mortal enemies because my name means "sunshine." *_*
Aye, I submitted captions before the massive overhaul of the page, under a different name. I won't tell which. =P

Somehow I think it'd be a rather unfair battle. <.<' After all, there's always sunshine during day, even if it is above the clouds. Rainy nights aren't all that common in my experience.
I might as well expand on the name I created back then; 'Yuukuno Amaya' or 'Night rain of sorrow' ((It wasn't the best time in my life *cough* but the name is still nice.))
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Well, welcome to the forums, Amaya! Glad to see a new face!
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 pm

I bet I could find out which name you used, if I wanted to, but I am teh lazies! XD

Well, there wouldn't be rain without sunshine, so... I ownz j00! Oh, noes! But, worry not, for I treat all of my subjects warmly. :P
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Amaya » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Marky wrote:Well, welcome to the forums, Amaya! Glad to see a new face!
*eyes avatar* Right... I'll take your word for it. *gulp*

Mitera Nikkou wrote:I bet I could find out which name you used, if I wanted to, but I am teh lazies! XD

Well, there wouldn't be rain without sunshine, so... I ownz j00! Oh, noes! But, worry not, for I treat all of my subjects warmly. :P
Perhaps after I post a few new captions, otherwise it'd be a bit hard. I used a vastly different name back then. :wink:
Why not turn it around? No sunshine without rain. =P
And since I'm Swedish I know that sunshine can bring cold weather as easily as warm weather. A sunny winter day is a lot colder than a cloudy one.
But, well, it brings up another thing where I'm defeated. You'll seldom see a rainy winter day or night, but sunny ones are not all that uncommon, as long as the sun indeed does rise above the horizon.
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:15 pm

No, I'm pretty sure that I could tell which old captions are yours. For one, I know most of the people who made captions, in some form or another. That narrows it down to a handful of people. For another, I have E-mails that can give me a hint, if not the answer. And, of course... my well-trained eye! Mwa-ha-ha! >:D

And atmospheric temperature is different from being in direct sunlight. The hydrologic cycle exists because of the sun, and a part of that is, of course, cloud formation and rain. Yay for the power of science! But, hey, when we work together, we can form rainbows. :D

Oh, yeah. If you're interested in an avatar, you can PM me and I can fix you up with one, no prob. You can do it yourself, of course, but I figure offering wouldn't hurt. ;p
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Amaya » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Sadly I lost the original image for the avatar I would want to use, so I'll do some digging around within a few days, I really should be reading a book by C. Trotter at the moment. <.<'

Well, e-mails would be your only chance then, I think I still use the same one. =P
Edit; I dug around in my mail and found the one I sent back then. I used the full name I mentioned above apparently.

Oh, and yay for rainbows. ^^
Last edited by Amaya on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Haylie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Greetings! My name is Haylie, or hay meadow! Exciting! :mrgreen:

I suppose we'd be friends, since you could keep me nice and hydrated. :)

... I just realized how wrong that sounds.

Anyway, pleased to meet you, avoid the food, and caption away. I just wish you'd join us in the RP's. Oh, well. Can't have 'em all. Nice to see you anyway.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Amaya » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Haylie wrote:Greetings! My name is Haylie, or hay meadow! Exciting! :mrgreen:

I suppose we'd be friends, since you could keep me nice and hydrated. :)

... I just realized how wrong that sounds.

Anyway, pleased to meet you, avoid the food, and caption away. I just wish you'd join us in the RP's. Oh, well. Can't have 'em all. Nice to see you anyway.
I don't have enough dedication to RP, otherwise I probably would.

I'll try not to giggle when next I make the world a better and wetter place. =P
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Next

Return to Welcome Matt