Rough Times Ahead, Possibly

If you're new, stop by and introduce yourself. You can also inform your friends of your departures and returns.

Moderator: Helel

Rough Times Ahead, Possibly

Postby Marky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:53 am

The title, though, may be a severe understatement. I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, although, with the activity being kinda low in some ways lately, I'm not sure if anyone has really noticed my declining, or at least delaying in posting. Well, part of the reason is because for most of the week, since Monday night to be exact, I have had something weighing on my mind.

What it is scares me and worries me to death at the very same time.

What is it?

I think that I might have colon cancer, the same cancer that my grandmother first had, before it spread throughout her body and eventually killed her after a long-fought battle. I've looked up the symptoms and I've found that I have almost every single one for the local colon cancer on the about.com page for it.

So, today, I'm going to try and meet with a doctor here on campus and talk to him/her about it all and get an opinion on it and possibly set up an appointment to run tests and such. I hope that I don't have it, but from just looking at the list of symptoms, the chance of me not having it looks slimmer and slimmer each time I take a look at that page.

And to top it all off, my grandfather, not the one that was married to my grandmother that died, has another type of cancer, of which I can't quite remember at this moment.

Along with that, my grandfather who was married to my grandmother is in the hospital, currently, after having not eaten much, if any, in the past few days. He's been down in his back and his legs haven't been wanting to work ever since, much.

And so, yeah...just letting everyone know.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Rough Times Ahead, Possibly

Postby Ookalf » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:55 am

Oh, daang... Well, here's hoping it turns out to be nothing, eh?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Yeah. Well, a friend of mine talked me into setting up an appointment with the medical center just off campus. So, I'm going to try and do that. I called and left them a message, but I'm hoping to either get through when I call them back, or hope that they call back soon.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Well, that's depressing. I can't say much except sorry, and I hope you don't have cancer. And if you do, I hope you can get rid of it.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Marky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, a bit of good news. The doctor said I more than likely do not have cancer, and it's probably something else. I'm not completely out of the woods yet, but I'm going to be getting some things tested to see about it all. Then I'll go and have another appointment with him next Wednesday and go from there.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Well, I hope it all works out. I looked at some of the symptoms, and plenty of them can be symptoms of a number of other things. I guess it's just one of those things where it's best to make sure.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Like Nikkou, here's hoping that it's just a matter of mis-diagnosing..but it can't be a bad idea to check. If you do have it, hopefully you'll catch it sooner rather then later this way.

Whatever the matter though, best of luck.
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Haylie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Oh, good. Here's hoping it's really not cancer. Except for the zodiac sign, all cancer is bad.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Nope. Like I've said before, Cancer is bad, too. *Points to self*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Well, I hope it all works out. I looked at some of the symptoms, and plenty of them can be symptoms of a number of other things. I guess it's just one of those things where it's best to make sure.

Yeah, I was told that, and now I'm going to be doing a test to see for sure and I was also given some medicine in case it might be one of those other things.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:51 pm

An update that I was given just a bit ago about my grandfather that went into the hospital.

My dad called a little bit ago and told me that he has pneumonia, a kidney stone, and something else, and is going to have to go into a nursing home. So, yeah...
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Hope he goes to a good one. The nursing home my grandfather was sent to killed him.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Well, I have more bad news on both fronts, today.

With me, my symptoms have been continuing, and I am going to be setting up an appointment with a GI doctor soon. I'll know sometime in the next few days when that appointment is. Another thing, I have high blood pressure. Last friday, it was 130/110, and today, well, one was better, the other was worse. Today it was 156/90. And so, for the first time other than for drug tests for work, I'm going to have blood drawn, and, I'm not looking forward to it, with my dad having been known for passing out from such things, and me...well, not really being all that much better, but I've yet to pass out. *knock on wood* And, so, yeah, I'm going to be getting blood drawn tomorrow for that.

And now, with my grandfather. I told a few last night about this, but didn't post anything. Last night, I got a call from my dad that they're moving my grandfather into ICU, so, things are not looking good for him, either.

So, yay...with this semester coming to a close and me having an exam Friday and Monday, things are looking just peachy.../sarcasm.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Mon May 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Well, it's been a while since I updated things, and so, I thought I'd just let some things be known.

After all of the stuff with my blood pressure, the doctor and I decided it might be wise to go and at least put me on some low-dose blood pressure medicine for the time being, and maybe, in like a week and change, see how that goes. However, now I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do so without being stressed out in any way to have the blood pressure be up, but we'll see...especially since now I'm going to be having a colonoscopy done. If anyone knows what that is, yeah...the next few days, starting tomorrow, are going to be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. I start on a diet for tomorrow and Wednesday, and Thursday I can't have any solid food, whatsoever...so, I'll be struggling through my exam, possibly, on Thursday...with probably water and Jell-O filling me up for the day. >.< I'm having the colonoscopy on Friday, and, after talking to my dad, I may or may not be online that day, at all, depending on what I do afterward. If I head over to my uncle's house for the night, I won't be online, at all. If I come back to the college, there may be a chance that I'll be online, but...how well off I'll be, especially after the anesthesia (wow...I spelled that in one go, correctly...without looking it up. O.O). So, yeah...I've only got two finals, one on Thursday, then one the next Monday, and I'll be heading home Tuesday...HOPEFULLY...more on that below.

Now, about my grandfather. He's doing okay and is out of the hospital and in a nursing home, currently. When I get back home I'm going to try and get him into gear to where he'll be walking again, if he ain't that way by the time I get back, and hopefully after that, he'll be able to leave there.

Noooooooooow...there's a new front on things about my life. Well, not sure if any of you know, but West and Middle Tennessee got inundated with rain the past couple of days. I noticed someone talking about flooding, and yeah...there's been a lot of it. So much that I-40 and I-24, the two interstates to take to get from my home to Knoxville...without going so far out of the way that you'd be insane to do so...are CLOSED...SHUT DOWN...especially over by Nashville, where the two intersect. And so, if the roads are not open by next Tuesday, I'll be spending time over at my relatives...which one I am not sure at the moment, and one has internet, the other, well, doesn't. So...if things aren't cleared up by then, I may not have any internet come next Tuesday. And, also...for some odd reason, the internet at my house is currently out, saying something related to Nashville. Now...I honestly don't know what to say about that, other than I'm gonna be annoyed as hell if the internet isn't up when I get back home...and I have a feeling it's a widespread problem, too.

*sigh*
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Mon May 10, 2010 11:49 pm

Well, I'm heading home tomorrow, so I more than likely won't be online for much of tomorrow, if any. Good news, first. The flood waters have receded and I'm going to be able to head home, although going through Nashville might be a bit of a headache...also, the internet is back up at home, so I will have access to that. Hopefully, though, I won't have to reset the wireless or whatever. >.<

Now to the...sorta good news that could be bad news. Had the colonoscopy Friday and got some stuff to treat one of the problems that I got, which might just be 'eh' to talk about, but it's not serious. However, there was a colon polyp found and removed. I will know more about the polyp in about a week or so. Hopefully it will be benign instead of malignant or cancerous...since it does kinda worry me of a 21-year-old having something like that...and my dad had one, too, but, hell, he's gonna be 53, so...yeah. Kinda worried about that.

But, anyways, probably gonna run through the forums once more, head to bed, and get to packing when I wake up in the morning, so...see you all either tomorrow evening (or later this evening, for those in my current time zone. XD) or Wednesday!
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Welcome Matt