This upcoming week, and potentially beyond

If you're new, stop by and introduce yourself. You can also inform your friends of your departures and returns.

Moderator: Helel

This upcoming week, and potentially beyond

Postby Marky » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:07 pm

I bet most, if not all of you have noticed how much my activity has suffered since I got my summer job. Well, this upcoming week, I'm set to go into work for 10 hours each day, starting Tuesday, and I might even have to work on Saturday. That being said, I'm not sure how much I'm going to be seen this week. I'll try and be online and post, but I make no promises. The Labyrinth of Wonders thread, I'm going to try and update in a bit. When I do that, I might update some more, but after the last update I make tomorrow on it, I might not make any more updates on it until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest.

With this in mind, I'm contemplating being gone for about a month and a half, until I go back to college.. The main reason, it's just that the strain of work and then coming on and posting, has caused me to overreact a bit on a few things, caused me to have a hard time updating my only thread, and such. I highly doubt I can keep myself away from the forums that long, but, I don't know. Before the forums went down, this option seemed a bit more tempting to me, with the way I was. Maybe since my head is actually on straight, I've calmed down and am able to think more clearly.

Either way, just thought I'd let you all know about what's going to happen this week, and such, and if I just don't happen to show up, now you all know.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: This upcoming week, and potentially beyond

Postby Haylie » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Ten hours a day? Holy snipes, dude! :shock:

Well, here's hoping you can find some free time, at least. Good luck.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Marky » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah, and the last time, I believe, that I worked for 10 hours, was a couple of years ago, maybe, when I fell asleep at the wheel and messed up my car a bit. Hopefully I'm wrong, and hopefully I'll be able to stay awake both going there and on the way home, too.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:35 pm

You know, I had to say something about after this past week. Well, I know for sure that I'll at least be working 9 hours on Monday, possibly 10, once again, and I don't know for how long, either. We've got two big loads to finish up, so we're kinda split up at the moment, and, we're going to get another big load coming in Monday. And, if my dad is correct (which, I am REALLY hoping he is not), we're getting another one Wednesday AND Friday. And, basically...these loads, with two-three people working on them, takes about a week to do.

Now, knowing this, and noticing how horrible some of my posts seemed to me at times, I may actually not get online some days...I don't know. It's just I really noticed the quality of my posting went way down as I tried to post last week. However, knowing how badly I'm hooked to this place, I doubt I can even force myself to stay away if I tried. So...just bear with me for a while, I guess. At this rate, it may be for another month, until I go back to college. (hopefully I will be able to...)

Oh, one last note. At least I made it without any accident of any sort.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:36 pm

For those of you waiting on post from me in the Muffin Room, sorry. It's going to be tomorrow evening, at the earliest, that I'll be able to get to them. With having already worked 40 hours this week, in only four days (and last night's storm completely knocking me out for the rest of the night...), I am completely worn out, and was hardly able to scrounge up the ability to make the posts in the free form rp room. So, just please bear with me, as things are rough right now for me at work. If this keeps up, however, I may just have to drop off of the forum for about a month...as I don't know if I can keep up with the rate of posts in some threads and such. Just thought I'd let you all know.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Alright...it's been a little while since I've given an update, and things have changed a bit since then. I'm not sure if you all noticed, but, I've been disappearing for a day every now and then...or maybe it was just this once, yesterday, that I did. With work and such, I've lost track. But, either way, things have been bogging me down as of late, especially the news I got about college.

As of right now, I'm a little bit over $5000 short of being able to go back to college. That fact finally having settled its way into my brain has caused me to become depressed, to say the least, and has had a significant effect on what I've been able to do on the forum, lately. Compounding onto the writer's block that work has begun to cause me just from the strain and stress of it, alone, it caused me, last night, to be unable to even post, at all. I tried, but, last night, every time I tried, I either got nothing...or a headache.

That being said, those of you who are waiting on me to update the Labyrinth of Wonders thread, will have to wait a bit longer. I...kinda messed up on that when I set things up, causing me, now, to really have to almost set aside time to update the thread, and, depending on how well I am feeling when I update it, both physically and mentally, it takes a good deal of time on that. I'm not giving up on it, it's just, I haven't found the time to get to it. I was planning on trying to do so Sunday, but, as you all probably know, the forum was down for a good bit, then, ruining those plans.

So, the basic gist of this update is, well, things have gotten a bit worse for me, and, I'm probably going to be "day-to-day" on activity. One day, like today, I might be able to do one round on the forum, or more. Then the next, just might be like yesterday. I might (and I hope not...) have more than just a day-long stretch of inactivity, and I'm just letting you all know right now just what is going on and why, in case my inactivity halts progress in some things.

Hopefully things will work out and I will be able to go back to college...but, if not, around the first week of when my college is supposed to start, I might take that entire week off. We'll just see when the time comes, I guess.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Probably the last update in this thread that I'll make. ((And it's short and sweet! :o ))

Anyways, this one has some good news, and just a little bad news.

The good news: I'm going back to college! Woot!

The bad news: This week, I might be fairly inactive, at times, due to packing and getting ready to go back to college. So, if I do disappear/don't even show up online a night or two this week, that will be why. Then, late Friday into all-day Saturday, I'll be gone, going to make the 6-7 hour drive and spend time with some relatives about a half hour or so away from Knoxville. I'll then be back on Sunday.

Just thought I'd let you all know.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Return to Welcome Matt