Easter Break: A Time of Healing

If you're new, stop by and introduce yourself. You can also inform your friends of your departures and returns.

Moderator: Helel

Easter Break: A Time of Healing

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Hey, folks....just to let you know, I was let go by Staples on this Wednesday afternoon after 4 years of service, so I am offically unemployed....I am really feeling down right now, and a bit bitter. I'm going to work with some BVR agency that helps people with disabilities, since I was diagnosed with ADD/Right Brain Deficit....
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Easter Break: A Time of Healing

Postby Rodney » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:33 pm

That's too bad. I hope you will be able to find back an activity that you can have interest in.
Good luck and best wishes.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:20 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this. I went through a lengthy period of unemployment not so long ago; seriously, it just alleviated a couple weeks ago, and only in a long-ish term temp job at that. So I know exactly how you feel, as being let go from the previous permanent job was a seriously nasty experience. So if you need to talk, you can contact me, all right? I've been in your shoes, after all.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby AshK » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Kris. I hope you get back on your feet soon. It seems like a lot of places are letting employees go. Curse the Economy that George W Bush left in Shambles! I hope Obama can fix things. Good luck in finding a job. Sorry for your position. I'm sure you will find another job soon!

Good luck from all four of us.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Queen Octavia » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:12 pm

*Bakes you some hot cross buns*

Here, eat these, they'll make you feel better... and I swear they won't turn you into a bunny girl or anything :mrgreen: .

Too bad the economy is causing you grief, hopefully you'll get a spot of luck sooner rather than later.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Marky » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Dang. Sure hope you can get back up on your feet and get a job, soon. I can understand, as both of my parents lost their jobs at the same time a few years back. My dad luckily found a job shortly thereafter, but my mom hasn't been able to find much of anything, since, mainly cause we live in a fairly rural setting. Dad's having to go to work an hour+ away, and I had to do the same for my summer job...((same company, actually, different building than what dad was working in.))

Hopefully you'll find something soon.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:15 pm

I've been attending Easter services at local churches yesterday and today, and they had some sort of Good Friday service tonight. I'm headed down to my grandmother's this weekend to heal and think about what ideas I can think up for the BVR representative. Thanks for your support. I shouldn't think of this as the end; I should think of this as a fresh start. I was very unhappy at that last job, to tell you the truth.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:48 am

Unhappy it may have been, but having it unceremoniously yanked out from under you, especially in an economy such as this one, is still jarring and hurtful. As I said, I know from personal experience. I was very unhappy in my previous job, and in fact was starting to look for another one; that's why they fabricated a crazy (but unprovable) excuse to let me go. It's difficult to see things positively, in a position like that. Especially knowing that finding a new one is likely to be difficult, in the current climate. I do hope you get plenty of ideas this weekend, and even more that they bear fruit.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Return to Welcome Matt