Suggestions for a fitting name

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 am

I don't think there ever was a time where I didn't like your input, Autumn... Even when you suggested that I shouldn't use bold text for everything I wrote, back when I first came to MSF. ;p

Yes, sound advice here and now...

Mr. Conehead: "Stellar will enjoy it."

I'll have to try and remember that if I ever get around to changing my own name. Although I'll probably just not give a poo and change it to "Nekkid", or something silly like that.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby May-chan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:05 am

well here's more from me, having a commonality with Autumn... and because my own chosen middle name is May ^_^.

I just sorta knew my first name (Laura) for a long time, I don't know how I came up with it, simple, common trite (so is my birthname) but it just was like I had always known it... you might or might not have the same feeling. Another thing I did was peeked in my baby book to see what my parent's would have named me had I been born GG... I was not too impressed with what I saw... "Edith"... who in this day and age would want such an old lady name?!

my birth middle name was my father's first name... blah... I chose May for my middle name because I love the month, my birthmonth. and Laura May sounded good together, I think there are even people with Laura-May as a first name but that seems kind of southern hickish... certainly something to avoid.

also Laura May sounds good along side my little sister's who is Hanna Marie... so maybe if you are like me and have a sibling you love, keep in mind how your names sound together since parents often adopt a pattern in their childrens names.

as for my last name, I was going to change it to the german spelling, because as with Autumn I didn't like associating with my deadbeat dad. But I settled on keeping it, as you've seen in my little comic... I like the last name. I know from my mother, changing your last name is a pain, companies get confused so easily. Keep that in mind.
Lookit my art n' stuff >_< !!!
http://maychanlj.deviantart.com/
"No, the other May Chan, the Fort Knox of TG imagery." - Thorn
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/m ... %20Images/
May-chan
MSFer
MSFer

Previous

Return to General Discussion