This is evil!

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

This is evil!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:32 pm

There are so few orange-haired anime/manga/video game girls out there... I thought that there'd be a decent amount of them, but I've even seen more olive green hair. Of all of the colors of the rainbow, the least of all used is orange, by far. I just don't get it. I wonder if anyone else has noticed the same thing, or have seen more things to think otherwise.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:33 pm

I don't know about this, but one thing I've noticed is that there are almost no anime girls with both glasses and red or even blonde hair. Almost all the glasses-girls have brown, black, or unnaturally colored hair. It seems weird to almost totally leave out two colors that way, isn't it? And I've seen some girls with orangey (or at least gingery) colored hair. Not a whole lot, but as it's a color I'm not exactly crazy about, I had never really noticed before now. Maybe that's it. Orange is actually one of the least popular colors; a lot of people don't like it. Perhaps that's an influencing factor.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:27 pm

I didn't know that orange was an unpopular color. Huh. It was my favorite as a kid, and now I just don't care either way about any color. ;p Of course, I've probably come across more multicolored hair than orange, too. But that's different from the iridescent hair that I'm really looking out for, of which I think I've found one, maybe two.

Yeah, glasses tend to get girls with dark/cool-colored hair. I guess it's one way of seeing drone minds at work.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Beyond » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:41 pm

Naa. I don't believe it.

There are plenty characters out there, and neither orange or glasses are unpopular.

You may need more H games.
Last edited by Beyond on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sasha » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:42 pm

Hair color doesn't matter to me but it nice to see non normal colors and besides you gotta have blue hair. its like an unspoken law.
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Nashiko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:50 pm

Lita wrote:Hair color doesn't matter to me but it nice to see non normal colors and besides you gotta have blue hair. its like an unspoken law.

....Green hair/eyes for the win....and it doesn't really matter if a character has an interesting personality....
Plant goddess!
IM me anytime...i get lonely
The Parasol Warrior G.M.D!
Nashiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:51 am

Beyond wrote:You may need more H games.

I shouldn't have to need them. XD;; I mean, sure, they're usually made to have a variety of girls... But I'm not into that kind of stuff. I'd just like to see more on your more run-of-the-mill girls, not the ones that should have "put it in" flashing on their foreheads. <.<; I mean, right off of the top of my head, I can only think of Nami (from One piece), Lina Inverse (from Slayers), and that girl in Vampire hunter D. I feel like I should remember a few more, but my brain is a meanie.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jeanette » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:44 pm

Well, Nikkou. Other other girls can't compete with Nami and Lina's awesomeness, so they don't try to have the same hair color.
Jeanette
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Oh, and I just remembered Excel. What about her, Jeanette? ;p
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Sophia Anieri » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:32 pm

I've seen plenty of blondes with glasses. They used to be my usual avatars.
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:48 am

Orange hair:

Just a few off the top of my head (^.~)

-- Saotome Yumi (Tokimemo, though pics vary through most of the shades between brown and crimson)
-- what's-her-name from GS Mikami
-- Kisaragi Ayaka (Phantom Quest Corp)
-- what's-her-name from Tekkaman Blade II
-- random villains from Sailor Moon (including one of the Amazons and one from the 'Busters) and sporadic MotD (I think)
-- what's-her-name from Fushigi Yuugi (or what's-his-name -- sometime's they're hard to tell)
-- what's-her-name from St.Tail (though, typically more brown than orange)

Bah. Bad with names. What's yours again? Mikkou, right? :p
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:47 pm

Sailor moon: But they're evil. ;p

Fushigi Yuugi: That's Tasuki, and he's not a gal. Though, if I were looking for orange-haired dudes, there'd probably be less than the girls... Other than Tasuki, I can only think of Ichigo, from Bleach. X_X

Saint Tail: Don't even get me started with Meimi... Between the mediums where she can be found, it's hard to tell if her hair is supposed to be brown, auburn, or orange. -_-;

Oh, and I remembered another orange-haired girl... Seras Victoria, from Hellsing. Sheesh... I don't know why it's taking me so long to remember some of these... <.<;

And it's Nikkou! You know that! U_U
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kalm » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:05 am

There's also Tokiha Mai in Mai HiME and Mai Otome
Kalm
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:19 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:And it's Nikkou! You know that! U_U

Yeah, but you change your name so often, it's hard to tell! I'll be on the lookout for orange haired girls in anything I see.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:38 pm

I just remembered Asuka, from you-know-what. Another obvious character that I forgot about...

And if anyone wants to keep an eye out for anything, above all you must detect the iridescent types of hair. Which is different from multicolored...
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to General Discussion