The irony of Thanksgiving for me...

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Helel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:51 am

Guendolen wrote:We solve the leftovers problem by having our next-door neighbor (who is like family and usually shares holidays with us) make homemade turkey noodle soup. I'm telling you, that stuff is out of this world.... Yum. :D Makes the stuff in a can seem like colored water in comparison.

I wish we had a neighbor like that... nothing against my mother. But her being able to figure out ways to feed us turkey-ish foods for nearly two weeks straight? Oh man, you get tired of it. XD;
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Raijin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:54 am

I'll eat salad, but yuck to broccili and spinage. I'll eat apples and most fruits but some stuff bugs me, needless to say I am not the best eatier myself yet I am also really small and hyper so really skinny -shrug- could eat and drink better. But eh veggies alone arnt good for you either IMO you need every thing bread, veggie, fruits and Meat yes meat we are meat eating people xP so Meat is good...I love meat >.> AND I am rambling woo!
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Christina Anikari » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:49 am

That italian rice dish would probably be risotto. At least that is a very famous italian dish based on rice, though there is much more to it...supposedly at least, i've never had it and i don't plan to anytime soon.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Helel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:08 am

Christina Anikari wrote:That italian rice dish would probably be risotto. At least that is a very famous italian dish based on rice, though there is much more to it...supposedly at least, i've never had it and i don't plan to anytime soon.

That's it. Since those eating with us have major Italian roots, they of course prepared it.

I tried it, and it didn't really appeal to be cause is kinda creamy. Though, they also said they didn't use the proper rice since they just used normal brown rice rather than the ideal kind since it's rare here.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:10 pm

Wow, that long? We usually manage to eat up leftovers in a couple of days. Granted, Mom sometimes uses it to make a casserole with broccoli and cheese and a sauce made from Miracle Whip and lemon and curry powder and a few other odd things (it usually uses chicken, and thus is referred to as chicken divan, but turkey works just as well), or Dad will make turkey salad or whatever. We're innovative, I guess. I'd get tired of it after two weeks, too....

Nokel wrote:
Guendolen wrote:We solve the leftovers problem by having our next-door neighbor (who is like family and usually shares holidays with us) make homemade turkey noodle soup. I'm telling you, that stuff is out of this world.... Yum. :D Makes the stuff in a can seem like colored water in comparison.

I wish we had a neighbor like that... nothing against my mother. But her being able to figure out ways to feed us turkey-ish foods for nearly two weeks straight? Oh man, you get tired of it. XD;
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Previous

Return to General Discussion