I don't get it.

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:13 pm

Is that really a lot of space? O.o How much space does a laptop/notepad usually have, Kerina? Last that I heard, you were using one of those instead of a desktop?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:17 am

My Laptop has 40 gigs.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Cow Belle » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:57 am

Ok, ok...

Computers work fast, really fast. There's a little problem your hard drive is the slowest thing in your computer. So the hard drive works fast to save and open files. However there is little problem, your hard drive is sloppy. :p When you have a file that is longer then the space has for it, the hard drive splits your files and puts part of it here and there. (Just like a teenger boy). After a while all your files are split up all over the hard drive and that's what makes your computer slow down over time. (No matter how much ram you have)

So defragmenting is more or less like "teenage mom yelling at 20 year old teenage boy to pick up his room and get a job". So the hard drive cleens up the files and puts them all togetter again. (and then get's a job) ^_^
Last edited by Cow Belle on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some stuff happen, and there was cow bell! And all was good.
Cow Belle
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:03 pm

I see, I see... That's good to know. Now that my stash is in order, it's a pirate's life for me! :O
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Celestial_Samurai » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:56 am

I was going to make an analagy of trying to find a certian series of books in a library orginized by book title is before. Then trying to find a series of books after everything has been orginized by author for after. Although the room works fine as well. Thats defragmenting. OR you can take it by the word peices.
De: to undo something
Fragment: Peices of an object
Ing: An suffix the makes something an action in progress.
Defragmenting: Putting things in order and fragments together with like objects.
I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it.
If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
Celestial_Samurai
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Previous

Return to General Discussion