nooooo!

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

nooooo!

Postby May-chan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:01 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15501096/

Bob Barker is retiring. You know, I was raised on Price is Right almost. As kids my sister and I always would be babysat throughout the day in the summer while dad was at work and mom was coaching her highschool track team which she probably loved more than us... Our babysitter was an awesome girl named Melissa, we watched Price is Right religiously and had a blast.

I haven't had a chance to watch the show for a long time because of either school or being unable to get up at the early hour of... 10AM...

QUICK! The Japanese need to make a Bob Barker robot so he never leaves...

and remember to have your pets spayed or neutered...
Lookit my art n' stuff >_< !!!
http://maychanlj.deviantart.com/
"No, the other May Chan, the Fort Knox of TG imagery." - Thorn
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/m ... %20Images/
May-chan
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:41 pm

I can't imagine who'd be able to replace him. The Price is Right was one of the few game shows that I enjoyed (whenever I got to watch it).
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Stellar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Match Game ftw! =D
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby May-chan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:21 pm

you cannot beat the pachinko (or however it is spelled) game
May-chan
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Anamnesis » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:25 pm

To add on to the 'NOOOO,' I hear that Le Chevalier D'Eon has been licensed ;-;
I grew up on The Price is Right, too...
I think you mean 'Plinko'
Helel: It's not murder if the person is an idiot. <_<
<Helel> Zeiss is a god.
Anamnesis
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:14 pm

I think this makes many of us. When we were little, my brother and I used to say that we "had lunch with Bob Barker" because we used to eat while we watched the show. We always watched it if possible.... I predict that this show will likely go off the air not long after he leaves. It just won't be the same without him as the host. He's one of a kind. I mean, there was already a hole from when Rod Roddy died. Losing the central figure might just bring it to an end. Very sad.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Celestial_Samurai » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:23 pm

Bob Barker can't retire. He is one of those people that should be forced to live forever and keep their healt and jobs.
I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it.
If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
Celestial_Samurai
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:27 pm

I would support that, if it were possible!
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Beyond » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:26 pm

wut?

o__o

I haven't seen that TV show, what is it about? A game show?
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby May-chan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:02 am

yes, as the name implies. It is all about guessing or rounding or adding up prices and whatnot. Each show has a certain order to it. Certain members of the crowd are called down to contestants' row at random. There are 4 positions on the row. And then on stage they introduce an item... it can be anything from silverware to encyclopedias to televisions to pets. Generally stuff under a few thousand dollars in value. Each contestant then guesses the price and the nearest person without going over wins the first game and goes up on stage (there can be no repeated bids, so usually if two people want to guess $700 the second person will bid $701 instead).

Once on stage they introduce another item, or multiple items. Ranging from cars to vacations to cash to appliances. And they play a game to win them... it is unpredictable which game is going to be played, but there have to be at least 30 different games in their repitoire... and certain games apply to certain prizes. Like there are car specific games and such. There are also painfully easy games and painfully difficult games, there even is a minigolf game. Then the person either wins or loses that prize and they go to commercials.

When they return they go back to contestants row and call another person down to fill the empty spot and they go through the same routine again, and then again another time. After three people have gone through they go to a giant wheel with numbers 5 to 100 printed on it. the numbers signify cents. The person nearest to a dollar gets to go on to the final round. Also on the wheel if anyone rolls a 100 on their first try they win $1000, and then get to roll again, on the second time if they land on 5 or 15 they win $5000, and if on 100 again they win $10,000! And if there are continued ties they have a roll-off. I've seen all three people win the $1000 and then 5 or 10,000 after that.

Then they return to the contestant row again, and go through the same motions again and return with 3 more people to the wheel. The winner of the wheel goes on to the final round with the winner of the first wheel spin.

The last round is called the "Showcase showdown" where the first winner is shown a whole ton of prizes and has the chance to bid on them or make the other person bid on it. And then they show a second showcase to the second person (or two the first person again if he passed). Once both contestants have a showcase and a bid they see which bid is the closest to the actual price of their showcase without going over... they win it. Sometimes neither person wins it.

The fun of the show is just the astounding amount of stuff the people can get. Also Bob's personality just makes it great.
May-chan
MSFer
MSFer

Return to General Discussion