Tired.

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tired.

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:49 am

Yeah. I just feel so... tired. Disinterested. Brain not sure whether it wants to make things up or just go home, and now it's stuck halfway.

Got a few things in progress in Muffinville. I shouldn't be disinterested in continuing them. I really shouldn't. I should just keep going. Just keep being stubborn. Imagination's working fine, can't transfer it to paper. Ah, but I'm rambling.

I want to continue. I really do. I want to get life's major issues out of the way and just plod along.

Acutus ought to be fighting Viridi by now. Amber ought to be giving Whyte the "what are your intentions towards my Pokemon" speech by now. Zapana ought to be packing it in and going home after getting her tail kicked in bowling. Missy ought to be blanketing Muffinville in the world's stupidest crime wave. Ought to be, oughta be, ougtabe, augh.

But it doesn't change the fact that I feel so tired. Just wanna sleep and wake up when it stops storming out there. Kinda feel like the polar bear that walks out of an iceberg, chugs a bottle of Coke, declares his day is done, then decides to go back to bed. Or I would, if I still drank Coke.

Still rambling. Sorry. Sleepy-time, kitty go bye-bye, wake up happy. Nonsense words, stuff that don't make sense.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Tired.

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:05 am

Hope you feel better, A.C. Feelting tired and unmotivated sucks. I know that one all too well.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:22 am

I can definitely sympathize with that feeling. I've been struggling with feeling tired and unmotivated for a number of my own interests lately, and it can just get into a discouraging spiral, particularly if there's other stressors contributing to things.

I do hope that things look up for you, though. I know I haven't been very active here myself lately, but I've always enjoyed your presence in the forums in the past. Good luck with everything~
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Brnin8r » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Advice is free because there's no telling whether it's useless or not to the receiver -- so please take or discard at your leisure. This sounds either like depression or being burnt out. One of the first things you shouldn't do is feel guilty. Because that tends to exacerbate things.

On my end? I've been dealing with something similar and I've been really trying to do something else other than work and my usual play -- primarily since both of those things involve sitting in front of my computer screen for much too long.

I started small. Reading a physical book and taking a daily walk around my apartment complex. Not much, but it helped distract me from that spiral.

There were a couple things that, after reflection, I had to cut out. I recently stopped running my weekly Hackmaster game. A lot of factors went into the decision. Ultimately I wasn't having fun. The sessions started getting sloppy, I wasn't planning anything anymore, etc. But I was avoiding it because I felt that I'd be letting everyone down. But when I finally admitted to it, my players were super cool and recognized that I needed a break.

Sounds like you need a good break and a good support system. There are plenty of folks here willing to cheer you up if needed.

Being tired is ok. It's running yourself ragged that'll get you.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:41 pm

I'm certainly no stranger to the feeling of knowing what should be written, but being unable to write it. Or getting tired of being around here in general. For me, at least, there's some kind of undefinable pressure involved with wanting to respond to a bunch of threads but having not done so and it can leave me feeling unable to do so. At times it's kept me from even being willing to open the forum's front page for weeks to months. I can't say that there is any specific cure that works, at least not for me; the feeling itself more or less forces me to step back for some period of time until I feel better about it. After all, I at least tend to come here for enjoyment, so if trying to come here causes stress then it's doing the opposite of what it's supposed to.

Anyway, I don't know whether I have a point but I do hope things get better. And I'll understand if you do need to step back or anything like that.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm kind of stuck in the same rut I can't even figure how to sto satr things.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Return to General Discussion