Judgement Day, 2011?

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Judgement Day, 2011?

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri May 20, 2011 3:08 pm

I heard some guy is predicting the Rapture will commence tommorrow, May 21, 2011. Really? I remember that Matthew 24:36 says that no one knows the hour or the day.

This same guy predicted such in 1994, and inspired the Heaven's Gate Cult to kill themselves. Instead of beaming aboard the mothership, they will find themselves in a very dark place called Hell.

False prophets have arisen to deceive many, according to the Bible. All promise their followers some sort of reward for their faith....In the olden days, false prophets were stoned to death when their prophesies never came true. So, if we survive (which we will) and Sunday rolls around, I will be in church worshipping the true God.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Judgement Day, 2011?

Postby Roggamer22 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Haha! My friends and I were talking about 24:36 today because of that, actually! It's funny seeing idiots scream nonsense at other idiots.

Someone should start keeping count of all the 'end of the worlds' that have happened so far.
Do as I say, but not as I do.
It's perfectly safe, so keep going.
Follow me close, but not too close.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Rap Plus Vulture Minus Vul Equals...

Postby AmbushCat » Fri May 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Well, I know of these two E.O.T.Ws that columnist Dave Barry remarked on back in the late 80s, early 90s or so, but that's about it.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri May 20, 2011 10:37 pm

When Rome sacked Jerusalem and persecuted the Christians, many people believed the end of the world was coming. Black Plague, 14th Century, Middle Ages, Crusades, Reformation, and many other events came and went. Empires rose and fell, but one Kingdom will never end.

Many have tried to determine the end of the world. There must 1st be a falling away, and that is already happening. Many false prophets come to say "Here He is," yet they should not be trusted. No one knows the hour or the day, not the angels, or the Son of Man (Jesus), but God Himself knows.

Jesus told a parable of the wise and foolish virgins, preparing for a wedding feast. 5 maidens had plenty of oil in their lamps, and the foolish ones did not. When the foolish maidens went to get oil, the bridegroom was announced. The wise maidens went to the marriage supper at the appointed time, but the foolish ones could not enter.

Oh, the CDC is preparing for a possible zombie outbreak!
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun May 22, 2011 8:16 am

Well, May 21 has come and went, and I am typing this to inform you that i am still here. I survived by thr Grace of God. Now I need to get ready for church and hear what my pastor has to say about the weekend events.

There were no big earthquakes, no people suddenly leaving, FAIL!
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue May 24, 2011 9:55 am

In regard to this topic, no book of the bible could be better referenced than Daniel. Not only does it show how unnecessary living by the bible or congregating at churches are (which usually inspire this kind of nonsense), but how to be vigilant against the trickery of your fellow man. I mean, seriously. Doing anything beyond praying to god, in the name of your faith, might as well be the devil's work (or at the very least will simply lead one astray).

Kris_Roth wrote:When Rome sacked Jerusalem and persecuted the Christians,

I'm no history buff, but I'm almost certain that the Jews were the ones being persecuted at the time. If there were any Christians, I'd expect them to be quite a minority, considering Rome's attack on Jerusalem happened only a few decades after the death of Jesus.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Albedo » Tue May 24, 2011 7:44 pm

well there was persecution, just not quite yet.
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed May 25, 2011 3:55 pm

---post deleted by the user---
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Return to General Discussion