Let's shoot the boot

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Let's shoot the boot

Postby Marky » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:09 pm

It didn't throw me for a loop, mainly cause I couldn't concentrate enough to read it fully. X_____________X Darn Ibuprofen PM, reading, studying, and homework throwing me for a loop.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:51 pm

FruityLoops would have been a different story.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:26 pm

That's for sure. (This response has been cut short due to the maker of this post considering doing a campaign to get rid of one of his professors in place of a better one for one of his classes.)
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:33 am

Professor Sacked, in the college, with a text book!?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:23 am

Yep! Sounds about right! :D
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Ah yes. Sometimes we do wish we could get the occasional prof to which we could give the literal boot.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm

For my sister, it was the professor for some religious studies class or something like that, a few years back. She showed me an essay that got her a failing grade once, which looked fine to me, except it didn't put the subject into a positive light.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Wow, I think I would've been quite annoyed with that, myself.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Especially since my sister isn't exactly a fan of religion. Well, more specifically, monotheism. She doesn't seem to mind Wicca, or Native American shamanism. In fact, it was just the day before last that one of my guardians went to where my sister lives to do something about a poltergeist.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:24 pm

*blinkblinks* Wow...a poltergeist? Really?
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:30 am

I guess so. I didn't pay attention to the details, since I wasn't interested. I just recall there being an unknown, recurrent disturbance with something, and they thought it was a poltergeist. I guess I can ask if it worked, or whatever. *Shrugs*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:05 am

That would actually be interesting to know.... And huh, looks like that particular prof really only ever wanted the students to agree with their opinions. Feh. A good teacher is one who encourages the students to think and process, not caring whether they're all in idea-lockstep or not.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Marky » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Yeah...that would be interesting to know what happened and such. And I agree. My professor I have a complaint about also is so big on the 'obvious' that she thinks you're an idiot if you can't get some things...
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Well, I got the details. My sister lives with three others at a dorm house, and one of them had a recurring problem with sensations of being touched, sometimes inappropriately, when trying to sleep. She didn't know what to think about it, or what to do. It was brought to light when one of the other girls, who had stayed home while my sister and the other two had gone to the movies, because she heard my sister moving about the house, doing things that my sister usually did, even though she wasn't there. She was pretty freaked when my sister got home with the other two, said what happened, and I guess the other girl told them her experiences since she felt more secure about not being the only one to go through something like that. So my sister contacted my guardians and they went down there and performed a smudging ceremony.

As for the professor and teaching, there's one thing that I can blame religion for: it has a tendency to make people put reason and logic in the back seat in order to feel secure about what they believe in, like a child clinging to a security blanket. Fear and uncertainty are strong motivators for irrational thought and behavior, and many people need to feel safe and secure about their environment, their life and what awaits them after death. Then, of course, there's the person's ego, and needing justification to show off how safe and secure they are, because they have the "answer" to something important.

That's my opinion, anyway. And I've had enough arguments of a religious nature to know that going any further into the subject would be meaningless, an act of futility, and would likely pose too tempting of a target for some religious person to insert themselves and put on the guise of a victim to either get attention, use emotion in an argument to make me seem immoral (thus wrong, regardless of what I've said (where's the logic in that!?)), or both.

I suppose I should add something else to talk about, in case any of the above is too awkward to pursue any further. Let's see... Well, it looks like I'll be cleaning myself up soon, since I'm actually planning on leaving the house sometime this week. Though it depends on whether the people I want to see will even be available this weekend. Woooo...~
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Wow. Well, that was...certainly interesting.

Not touching the religion one with a forty-and-a-half-foot pole.

Ah...I see. Well, I need to get my hair cut...when it gets longer than normal, it starts curling...especially on the sides, and I don't like it. X___________X
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion