Let's shoot the boot

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Let's shoot the boot

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 am

Exactly! So why pass up on an opportunity like that? ;)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Marky » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:06 pm

XD Well, sadly, I've already gone and cut my hair before you said that.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Which is probably a good thing, since the size of Nabeshin's ego can flatten lesser countries if made to explode.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Damn. Well, I certainly don't have an ego that big. XD
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:55 am

Hm, good point. You might need that, in order to have the "hair as arsenal" bit work....
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:36 am

Or just enough so you can wield a comb-axe. I hear it has a +777 against ladies.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Hmm....I MIGHT have enough for that...
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ninian » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:38 pm

When's the next time you're going to do something story or even caption related, Nikkou?
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Well, I'm working on some fan-fiction right now, as a bit of a stepping stone toward writing an original story. I tried writing something in between the two (original story, but based in someone's universe) late last year at Big Closet, but it turns out that it was a bit premature of me. Anyway, I'm nearing the end of my fan-fic, and I have a choice few original stories that I've had gathering dust for who knows how long waiting for me afterward. I'll probably switch between writing fan-fiction and original stories.

As for captions, I was actually contemplating making some the other day. Between a perceived lack of interest, and no longer wanting to use images that don't belong to me, I'm finding it difficult to find the drive to do anything on this front.

Also, the last income tax return I managed to get Acid Music Studio, so you may see some songs in the future, too. I've wanted to make my own music for about as long as I've been writing, but Touhou inspired me to "get with the program" and take some action toward securing the possibility. Learning to use the program seems like a daunting task, so I'll likely write several stories before I even get around to it.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ninian » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 am

Legally speaking, the issue of "misusing" pictures that don't belong to you is less severe in the fashion you do captioned images. You tend to not edit them to add a caption, but have the text be separate. I always liked that about yours.

And tell me about the perceived lack of interest. MSF is basically dead to anyone who is serious about creative endeavors. Still, sometimes I wish you or Lucky still wrote captions or short stories and don't know anywhere else I can find you.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 am

Still, I feel bad about my selfishness getting the better of me. The way I perceive it, I'm taking advantage of another's work for my own benefit, simply because I'm too lazy to put in the effort to make something myself. It's like... I'm turning their flower into manure in order to grow my own.

Well, as for me, I try not to expand my horizons lest I feel inspired to get too involved somewhere. Every time I do, it just ends up blowing up in my face, leaving me a wreck and with more things to condemn myself for than before. I don't like being lonely, but my brain isn't wired to facilitate being social; if anything, it's the reverse. Right now, I can handle some casual activity here and at Fukufics, but that's about it. Not that it really matters, since everything I do is an exercise in escapism at this point.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zilla » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Sometimes we need some escapism....

I understand your frustration with using someone else's art for your own thing, but honestly, that's nothing to worry over. EVERYTHING is a derivative work to some degree. Captions are a way to express yourself and to share an interesting perspective on a picture. They're enjoyable, and nothing to really make a big deal out of. It's using a prompt for writing a story, which there's absolutely nothing wrong with.

Heh, I'm creative, but I was always intimidated by this place. It seemed to massive and active and I always kinda felt like an outsider, never really integrated into the group. I felt like if I tried to do something, I'd get judged for it. Maybe I'll write some stuff...
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Eh... I might make some captions. It's not like I can think any less of myself, at this point, anyway.

I only got the nerve to come here and pollute the place with my posts because I wanted to make a caption and share it with people. I don't know what happened after that.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Previous

Return to General Discussion