Theme Songs?

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Theme Songs?

Postby Blaze » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:33 pm

So, I was bored yesterday since I was one of the poor people who was still unable to access the forums, but that's another story. Anyway, in my fit of boredom, I started deciding on theme songs for my characters. Here's what I got.

Blaze: Here Come the Fuzz
Jean: Pollyanna
Lucy: Cherry Blossom Shower
Okuni: Because I Love You
Logos: Heavy Violence
Alex: Get it Together
Felix: Guns and Roses
Nova: It's So Wonderful
Fimbulvetr: Frost

Anyway, I was wondering what other people think their character's theme songs would be.
Last edited by Blaze on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Theme Songs?

Postby Helel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 am

I have a nice long list of theme songs for characters, including situational stuff!

....but I can't find it now. I'll have to look into it more later, but from what I can think of off the top of my head:

Helel Main Theme: One of a Kind by Hiroshi Yamaguchi in Battle: Rundas by Kenji Yamamato and for Hellfire: M24 by Kalafina/Kajiura Yuki

Ligel General Theme: You Won't See Me Coming by Jean Jacques Burnel and for when she's being a Ninja: Shinobi Dance by Tenpei Sato

Reya General Theme: Dive into the 9 by Ishii Yasushi

Aeris Silliness: 12 Comedian's Gallopby by Kabalevsky OR when she's being 'serious': Player by Origa/Yoko Kanno OR Decide in the Eyes cause lord knows she's the fastest thing this side of NASCAR :P

Seven: Sokki Genten by Iuchi Maiko

Nokel Main Theme: Sixth Devil King by Chamy Ishikawa On the Approach: In My Spirit by Sagisu Shirou and for Battles: The Wilderness of Sadness by Motoi Sakuraba

Some characters don't really have theme songs (like Maris and Nebilael), while others shouldn't (Adam). Yeah, that's all I have for now. :P
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Blaze » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:46 am

Argh, now I have to find battle music for my characters too ffffffffffffffff

Blaze: Assault
Jean: Protecting my Devotion for her regular form, Riders of the Light for her overdrive form
Lucy: A Chapel
Okuni: Spirit Extermination
Logos: Crimson Shura God
Alex: Do Your Best Girl!
Felix: Bad Dog No Biscuits
Nova: Critical Break ~ Breaking Boundaries
Fimbulvetr: The True Nature of All
Last edited by Blaze on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:11 am

Okay....after seeing your awesome list, Blaze, I need to contribute one of my own.

When I write especially, I have a habit of framing everything around my music, so this is the kind of thing I"ve put some thought into.

Julia (and this is original Julia, mind you)
Theme:Don't Fence Me In by David Byrne and Civilization by Danny Kae and the Andrews Sisters
Winning Battle: Ty Cobb by Soundgarden ((Warning: Language)) or Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy
Desperate Battle: Reach for the Sky by Social Distortion

Nathan
Theme: Money by Pink Floyd and Well Respected Man by the Kinks
Winning Battle: Gerudo Valley
Desperate Battle: The Queen is Dead by The Smiths

Rosetta
Theme: Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant
Winning Battle: Meta Knight's Revenge
Desperate Battle: Iron Blue Intention

Carl
Theme: Loser by Beck
Winning Battle: Who are you kidding? Carl doesn't win battles.

Light: All his music is Final Fantasy because...well...that's where he comes from.
Theme: Locke's Theme
Winning Battle: Protect My Devotion
Desperate Battle: Trisection

Roman
Theme: Mr. Bad Guy by Freddie Mercury
Winning Battle: Ace of Spades by Motorhead

The Man in White
Theme: For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica
Winning Battle: Final Bowser Battle
Losing Battle: Satan by Beast
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Helel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Blaze wrote:Argh, now I have to find battle music for my characters too ffffffffffffffff

Mwhahaha, everyone knows a character has to have a battle theme!

Thinking about it, for Reya at least, she'll likely use Art du Sabre by Ko Otani

Still thinking about the others. Probably have a bunch of other themes that I'd use for Nokel, especially with plotted plots that I have in store for him- and the forums. ^_________^

But overall, I find it helpful to try to use as many artists as possible for the music, since it gives a more diverse feel for characters overall. As long as themes are similar, awesomeness.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm

I thought I'd give this a go, even though it's something I tend to stay away from. I figured it would be good to do it from the perspective of what Elliot/Ellie would hear in their heads as they went about things, as they both see the world quite differently to how it actually is. Ellie especially loves her music, 80's pop is constantly playing on her ipod.

Elliot's Theme (or, atleast what he hears in his head. Blaze already pointed out he's nowhere near bad-ass enough for such a theme, but I can soo picture him imaging this as he wanders around, looking at everything through narrowed eyes!)

What's going on inside Elliot's head when walking to work (He works with Julia)

Elliot's Battle Theme Elliot is a huge fan of comic book super heroes, as well as rock music. This would totally be going through his head when he gets himself into a fight he's deluded himself into thinking he can win.

Elliot has a job working for Raleigh, for which he's turned into a cat girl. He can end up in all kinds of outfits, but the standard is a sailor fuku. While he IS very embarrassed about it all, he still finds himself singing and dancing to this in his head.

Ellie's general daydreaming theme

Ellie's Battle Theme This is typical of what's going through her head when casually carrying out contract killings.

Ellie's Victory Theme Yeah, she pictures the dancers too.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Musashi » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm sure I had plenty, back in the day. Musa has gone through a lot of changes and retcons and revamps. Probably because Musa wasn't originally intended to be an actual character. That was just the name I picked, and then stuck a ninja boy picture to one day because I wanted to JOIN THE CROWD and have an avatar. XD

But anyway, this was always a theme I liked as a battle theme for Musa, when he actually gets serious and goes all ninja: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBUWLMbuTgo

Haha, this was one for Tyr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY3LAFJbKyY

And that's all for now. :O
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 am

Wow...I tend to use a lot of music themes for my charactersas well, and so much has influenced them over time. Now I need to go thru those files and find what I used at the time to create them...gonna edit his in a bit but here is a quick one for the light mote Del( his theme song and battle music...;)...)
And his partner Echi and Delphi to start...(*^_^*)
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Xia » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:25 am

~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Blaze » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:48 pm

SO!

I compiled a list of songs for the Exorcists as a whole. >.>

The theme for the whole group is The Divine Spirit of Language

When they get into a fight together: Those Who Fight Further (Black Mages Remix)

When they're sneaking around: Museum

When they fight amongst themselves: Their Own Flesh and Blood

During those sappy heartwarming moments: A Little Friendship

When they're just chilling together: Relaxing Within the Campground Lodge
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zilla » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:06 pm

I used to do this a lot more with my characters, and they wouldn't even just have one song. Lots of songs were selected to show different sides of their character. It really helped build character depth.
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh, thanks for bringing this back to my attention. I was meaning to do something here way back at some point in time.

Well, it took me some time to figure out what kind of theme song would go with someone with only one "character," and one that often professes to be everyone, but I think this kind of song is right up my/their/everyone's alley. Whatever.

STOP STARING AT ME.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to General Discussion