Our Universe Is Wha?

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Our Universe Is Wha?

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:13 pm

So apparently, scientists are now saying that our universe is contained within a black hole, and that this black hole is part of a different universe. Say what?

Does that mean that those other black holes contain universes, and that multiple universes exist with multiple chains of black holes? @_@
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Our Universe Is Wha?

Postby Kether » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Everyone knows our universe is being used to power Desus Royal warstrider
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Helel » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Lian wrote:Everyone knows our universe is being used to power Desus Royal warstrider

There's only a couple of other people here that would get that. I have alerted them for laughs. :D
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:29 pm

I thought our universe was in my butthole. Go figure.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:37 am

Well, you gotta realize that a black hole comes about when a star collapses on itself when it goes supernova. All that mass is condensed into a singularity, so dense it warps space. So it could be kinda feasible...

/nerktalk
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 am

... true; there's so many different unknowns out there that who knows how farfetched some things can be.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:43 pm

On the one hand, the part of me that is a nerd thinks this is fascinating and amusing. The other part, even more of a nerd, argues a slight 'duh' to the information and twirls its finger in the air in a sarcastic whoopdedoo move. Amusingly there is a third that simply wants to say 'so?' to it. I'm at odds trying to decide which one to go with.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Of course, it was a pack of scientists who also thought that Pluto wouldn't make a decent planet, so I tend to ignore asinine theories like the one presented at the start of the thread.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Such a silly topic.

After all, it's not like the maximal extension of the Schwarschild metric produced white holes and parallel universes decades ago. Or the maximal extension of the Reisner-Nordstrom and Kerr metrics produced a literally infinite number of parallel universes linked by traversable black holes. Or that Novikov produced an article on what would happen if quantum-scale effects prevented a conventional black hole from producing a singularity, and found that a semi-enclosed de Sitter space would result.

No, it's not like the mathematics of such odd and unusual concepts haven't existed for years and been discussed in books and journals you could find in any university library. :P
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Roggamer22 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:48 pm

I lost you at Schwarschild, Mischa. >_>;
Do as I say, but not as I do.
It's perfectly safe, so keep going.
Follow me close, but not too close.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Helel » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Such a silly topic.

After all, it's not like the maximal extension of the Schwarschild metric produced white holes and parallel universes decades ago. Or the maximal extension of the Reisner-Nordstrom and Kerr metrics produced a literally infinite number of parallel universes linked by traversable black holes. Or that Novikov produced an article on what would happen if quantum-scale effects prevented a conventional black hole from producing a singularity, and found that a semi-enclosed de Sitter space would result.

No, it's not like the mathematics of such odd and unusual concepts haven't existed for years and been discussed in books and journals you could find in any university library. :P

Well, event he article admits that- the main difference though, is that rather than just abstract ideas, the impression I got is they actually have supporting math/theory for the idea. Something like that. And that's what makes it novel. That and how it works, I guess.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:56 am

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Such a silly topic.

...... what?
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Chicken butt!
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to General Discussion