MSF Show Your True *TRUE* Self!

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

MSF Show Your True *TRUE* Self!

Postby Ninian » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:23 am

You know, it's all well and good there is a topic so people can basically share what they look like in real life. I never dug the topic title though. My RL self is my true self? I suppose from a pragmatic, X is X and Y is Y perspective that's true. But I measure one's true self by one's own choices, rather than the choices made for them by their parents or their genes. One's sense of appeal, aesthetics and desires says a lot more to me. (even if I don't personally "buy" someone's portrayal of themselves, I still get insight on things like the culture they grew up in or their standard of beauty and so on)

So! What does your ideal self look like? That is, what would you look like if you could? If you're not sure how to answer (maybe even immediately grappling for RP characters you identify strongest with), then let me substitute with a much less loaded question: What's a running theme for your favorite forum avatars? Physical descriptions only, please. Feel free to link inspiration images, too, if it helps you.

Okay, go!
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: MSF Show Your True *TRUE* Self!

Postby Musashi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:42 pm

I think pictures work best for me. Let's see...

Girl: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/ ... nkitty.jpg

Boy: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/ ... 072139.jpg

Someone like Kino would work for my in-the-middle self.

And you could slap cat ears and tails on all of 'em and that would work too. XD KITTIES <3
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Xia » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:38 am

d'awwww....Musa is adorable~ :D *HUGS AND SQUEEZES AND SHAKES AND SMOOSHES*

aside from the over the top clod in my avatar right now, mine usually have green hair, glasses, and are usually stacked...wait, what?

Actually, a majority of my avatars are chosen by other people, because I don't put much stock in choosing my own. The very few of mine that I've picked specifically were because I found that one random image somewhere that just screamed amazing, the context of which relating to whatever would happen to be on my mind at the time. I maintain the Xia identify because its fun and what I am shown to be here, but if I were to show a "true self..." I'd say it'd be that of a person, of average height, average build, average everything, that you just cant...focus on. Basically, blends in so well with whats going on around through...normalcy that you pay him no mind. Nothing of apparent consequence.

I'm not normally someone who likes to be out front. I'm more of a rule from the shadows kind of person. So my tenure so far as admin is very unusual and out of character for me :o
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Ninian » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:55 am

Xia wrote:I'm not normally someone who likes to be out front. I'm more of a rule from the shadows kind of person. So my tenure so far as admin is very unusual and out of character for me :o

On the contrary, I think the best sort of admins/mods are felt rather than seen.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:02 pm

My true self, huh...Well, it can best be summed up by my collection of Vocaloid avatars. A innocent precocious Teenager with a talent for words and music learning to put them to use...Sure I have my other characters, but Miku and I seem to Click well and have the same types of personality shifts at the time...Right now, I'm in one of my Darker more mischievous modes, and Zatsune Miku fits me better. Look at the innocent evil smirk on my avatars face...:)...
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to General Discussion