Nashville Flooding

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Nashville Flooding

Postby Marky » Tue May 11, 2010 11:34 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has heard much about the flooding that hit Nashville, Tennessee a little over a week ago, and the surrounding areas (some of which were hit EVEN WORSE than Nashville was), but let's just say, I've heard some people say this was a 1000 year flood...and from looking at some of the pictures and footage, such as seeing a video of Kenny Chesney in a boat over his property in 10 feet of water...to a video I'm gonna link...I believe it.

Anyways, here's one of the YouTube videos on it. 4 minutes long and has a song behind it...I recognize it, but the name and singer isn't quite coming to me...too tired tonight. >.< But, yeah...here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=pFjaQoOdJvI
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Nashville Flooding

Postby Harri-chan » Wed May 12, 2010 1:28 am

That song is Here Comes the Sun by the The Beatles >.<
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed May 12, 2010 2:34 am

I've heard about it, but not much beyond that. It seems like something that people who believe in global warming would use to smack those who don't believe in it, since they said that silly stuff about that blizzard being evidence against it. Dur-hur!

The video was a bit annoying, though. Whoever made it can shove the notion that Nashville is superior to New Orleans up their childish nose. (I think that kind of stupid pride is a pet peeve of mine! I didn't know I had one of those! :O )
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Wed May 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Eh. As I said, Harri, my mind wasn't going on all cylinders at that time. I recognized it but couldn't think, for the life of me, of anything about the song.

And, honestly, even though I'm from Tennessee and not from Nashville, but, I didn't think they were really saying they were superior to new Orleans necessarily, more like they just didn't really go into a "chaos mode" of sorts after Katrina, even though, like Katrina, nothing had happened like that to the Nashville area like it did to New Orleans. Levees broke, homes were flooded, but, yeah, the flooding and damage didn't necessarily last like what happened in New Orleans.

However, hell, I didn't even really know, other than word-of-mouth, on just HOW bad the flooding actually was there.

Just saying. Meh. Maybe I should've just refrained from posting this last night, but I was too out of it to think straight, apparently.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed May 12, 2010 6:14 pm

You thought through the swirly straw I was using to suck your brains out. *_*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Amaya » Thu May 13, 2010 7:58 am

There's a flood?
Mwahaha! Go forth, my minions!

Seriously though, such news are too common and don't travel very far. I doubt you heard about the storms that hit Sweden a few years back. Messed up our wood and paper exports for a while, not to mention trains and electricity.
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Return to General Discussion