MSF Podcast?

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

MSF Podcast?

Postby Lupus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:54 pm

I've been listening to a few podcasts lately and as such gained an interest in doing one myself. However, i believe it would be pretty gosh darn hard to do a one-wolf podcast. You can shoot me for that pun, by the way.

So here's the thing. Is there an official MSF podcast? I assume there isn't one, since i haven't heard about it. So i'll go to my next question.

Would anyone want to do an official podcast for MSF once a week or month or whatever? Personally, i would love to do it. How about other people?
I suggest Burlap Panty Podcast for a title, by the way. In honor of the FUKU1 satelite in the IRC room.

As for topics to talk about, i'm honestly not sure. We could talk about anything we feel like, really. Suggestions are welcome, of course.

Any thoughts, fellow MSFers?
Of course I wolf down my food! I'd be loopy if I didn't! ...Wait.
Lupus
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Re: MSF Podcast?

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Podcast? You next-geners and your newfangled gizmos. Is that like hosting a video? Would the site be able to handle the bandwidth on a regular-enough basis? That's what I'd like to know.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lupus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:01 pm

A podcast is like a radio show on the internet. Like Larry King! Or whatever you americans have on your radio. It'd basically be a MSF Radio for MSFers, by MSFers.
Lupus
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm

Hehehe....Well, I do enjoy podcasts now and then...@__@ But what would one even say for an MSF podcast?
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:50 pm

The same thing that we do every day, pink-font-user: try to transform you into a girl! *_*

Or something.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lupus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:13 pm

I realize that a couple of dudes talking about dresses and how they want to be a girl might be a bit boring, so the way i see it, it could just be regular faffing about or talk about stuff on the forums or IRC. And stuff. Everyone likes to talk about stuff. ...With the occational crossdressing. And of course, we could just talk about random crap like, saaaay video games or anime or movies or plants or hobbies or computers or cooking or cleaning or brushing your teeth... I could go on, but i won't.
Lupus
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Oh, I know. Every day we can make a new podcast that demands that a new Tales game be ported to the states. Like, say, Vesperia on the PS3, and Tales of Graces. DAMN IT! U_U
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:31 am

I listen to a lot of podcasts too, but find they need to have a focus, a subject I'm interested in, and find it annoying when a podcaster thinks I just want to listen to them talk about anything they want. If you want to talk about all that stuff, do it on IRC or here where people can join in if they're interested.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Lupus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:39 am

Good point, Harri. You're absolutely correct. Alright, what would people hear MSFers talk about? And of course, would any of you be interested in doing a podcast?
Lupus
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, I suppose we can't have just anyone... I look like Banon from Final Fantasy 6, and I figure that that would be off-putting. :P

What would be right up MSF's alley, since it's not doing anything official, is a humorous newscast using fictional characters, who broadcasts the silly things that did or did not happen at MSF. Someone could draw a single panel for the action to occur in, and the image can transition from one scene to the next, as the expressions of the anchor change, or when they or anyone else makes an action. Since the drawings would be simple and reusable, that'd make the whole thing easier to accomplish. Or, if someone can make 3D sprites, that works, too.

I recommend something like that since MSF isn't really a "real life" kind of place. We might as well stick to the fictional and fantastical that we come here for.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chris » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:33 am

Why not blend that and *discussion* Nikkou? one segment of MSFNN updates, and another discussing a topic, perhaps posing a question on the forums here, and reading the responses on teh 'cast as part of the discussion?

I listen to a show called Tank Riot that sets a general topic, a person or concept, and the guys just start talkin'. Gets crazy, but they always steer close to teh subject...
If ya wanna talk elsewhere,, PM me, I'll clue you into where I hang out.
Chris
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 pm

I honestly don't care either way. But I'd rather not do something that would be typical and at home on Youtube -- or anywhere else, really -- rather than do something unique to MSF. Anyone can just yap about something, after all. On the other hand, much fewer can say that they make an animated, comedic news broadcast for their site, community and said place's themes (which are fairly unique, too). People in the community could get more involved by sending in scripts, not only for the news broadcast, but for a commercial that plays just before it starts. Who else is going to have a silly commercial for tomapples, right?

Yeah, it'd be harder to get started, but it'd become easier as more character images are created, which can be reused. And it'd be a better draw for the site, too, since I'm willing to bet that an animated, mange-like feature (I was thinking that using chibi or super-deformed characters would be easier to make but also good for gag segments) would be more appealing than real people sitting around and having a conversation/discussion. Not that I'd be against having one also, but the other one would be a better reflection of MSF's site and community.

Heck, if I had a program for making flash animation, I bet I could do it all by myself. I can draw chibi/super-deformed characters. The voice acting would be a bit of a challenge, but I could probably pull that off, too. And if anyone would care to join in and help, it'd be even more doable.

But, yeah. I'm fine with a podcast, but I don't think that it will do as well as anyone hopes.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lupus » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:01 am

I like Nikkou's idea a lot. It think it would be a lot of fun. Just to put my two cents in there, maybe we could do a improv comedy thing, something along the lines of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Have a post on the forums with suggestions, maybe ask in the IRC, i dunno. Just a suggestion.
Lupus
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Or have real people acting as mediums for their characters, and how that translates in a conversation/discussion. XD Which would mean that I wouldn't be able to do it, because I'd have to be nude. <_<;
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:10 pm

.....*scratches the idea of a Video podcast* *cough*
If ya wanna talk elsewhere,, PM me, I'll clue you into where I hang out.
Chris
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Next

Return to General Discussion